Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Conclusion is simple: either he's Chelsea's first choice next year, or he walks for a record fee.

Win-win situation for us. Obviously I'd like to see him play for us. But "record fee" doesn't sound too bad either :P

Honestly, I'm not worried about him choosing Barca over us. If we want him back next season to be first choice, he'll come back because all his Belgian mates are here.

I have been thinking long and hard these last few days about what to do next summer with the goalkeeping situation and i had to let my head rule my heart on this one, Cech is still a top, top keeper without a shadow of a doubt, but what have teams who have success and sustain success been good at in the past? making changes while it's not really nessesery, if that makes sense.

For example Barcelona in 2008/2009, Henry, Eto'o and Messi scored over 100 goals between them and looked a deadly trio, and there was no urgent need to make changes to it, but Pep knew there would be sooner rather than later, so that summer he benched Henry, sold Eto'o and the new front 3 were Ibra, Pedro and Messi.

The reason we stagnated so bad in 2010/2011, is we left our players be until father time called, we should have slowly started to rebuild after Moscow in 2008. Yes i know we won the double and it was a great last horrah for those players at the top (whether we like it or not, our CL win was riddled with lots and lots of luck) but we paid for it the next term, we should have slowly started building for the new era in 2008 (for example, instead of an ageing Deco, Luka Modric was available).

Now their is rumours Cech may have to retire early, even Courtois himself said it (yes i know he should have kept his gob shut over club affairs, but that's not the point) which will mean he could start to decline at any given moment, now right now Cech is on top and there is no urgent need to replace him, but it's best to do so before it does become a necessity, and if we sell Courtois then Cech starts declining, we will all off a sudden be fucked and probably need to spend big on a goalkeeper.

I love Cech, always have and always will, he will have a rightful place as a Chelsea legend, but to run a successful club you have to let your head rule your heart (like it did to bring Cech ahead of Carlo in the first place), and i think next summer, the club might just do that.

Win-win situation for us. Obviously I'd like to see him play for us. But "record fee" doesn't sound too bad either :P

Honestly, I'm not worried about him choosing Barca over us. If we want him back next season to be first choice, he'll come back because all his Belgian mates are here.

Don't be too sure he would choose us .. isnt his wife (0r fiance) Spanish ... I have said life in Spain could be too attractive to want him to leave.

I always felt we should have only left him in Spain one year

Don't be too sure he would choose us .. isnt his wife (0r fiance) Spanish ... I have said life in Spain could be too attractive to want him to leave.

I always felt we should have only left him in Spain one year

Girl friend. He could always get her to move here where he has several Belgian team mates including friends from Genk.

Best Libero: Valerie Courtois (Belgium)

http://www.fivb.org/viewPressRelease.asp?No=42763&Language=en

Thibaut Courtois @thibautcourtois 17 h

My big sister @ValrieCourtois awarded as best libero of the European championships!!! So proud! Well done!! #eurovolley2013

Thibaut Courtois @thibautcourtois 20 h

Great win of @ValrieCourtois and the #YellowTigers!! Bronze medal on the #eurovolley2013 ! Proud of my big sister!!

Best Libero: Valerie Courtois (Belgium)

http://www.fivb.org/viewPressRelease.asp?No=42763&Language=en

Thibaut Courtois @thibautcourtois 17 h

My big sister @ValrieCourtois awarded as best libero of the European championships!!! So proud! Well done!! #eurovolley2013

Thibaut Courtois @thibautcourtois 20 h

Great win of @ValrieCourtois and the #YellowTigers!! Bronze medal on the #eurovolley2013 ! Proud of my big sister!!

There we go. Thank God she is related to him. :dance:

• 2 weeks later...

was very poor today. one of his very unsure performances. fluffed CR's shot, one another to coentrao and benzema each. and really poor what he did towards the end of the match where he lost grip on the ball and then rolled on the floor to cover his mistake.