Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Knew we should've made him sign a contract extension before he went this time. Now we have to listen to this Barca shit until the end of next summer probably.

However, Mourinho would rather die than strengthen Barca.

Seems logical. Courtois has been living in Spain for three years, Barcelona are looking for a successor to Valdes and Chelsea won't sell Cech next summer because he has been performing well. Both Cech and Courtois at Chelsea seems like overkill and won't happen anytime soon as both are too good to be on the bench. Next summer will be decision-time, either sell Cech or sell Courtois.

How much do goal keepers go for????

I was reading some reports saying Barcelona are preparing a £12 million bid for Courtois... :carlo::blink: you know, this has to be an insult to both Chelsea Football Club and Thibaut Courtois and I'd love to see Mourinho playing his cards in the mercato just like he did with Arsenal this summer when they wanted Demba Ba. Tell them Courtois is for sale, negociate all summer long and call the deal off in the last hour of the mercato so they can be stuck with whoever their fucking 2nd coiche gk is.

Seems logical. Courtois has been living in Spain for three years, Barcelona are looking for a successor to Valdes and Chelsea won't sell Cech next summer because he has been performing well. Both Cech and Courtois at Chelsea seems like overkill and won't happen anytime soon as both are too good to be on the bench. Next summer will be decision-time, either sell Cech or sell Courtois.

The article only really says that Barca are "keen" on the lad. Who isn't? He's the best young keeper in the world.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say Lukaku will be back next season. I don't think, under the current circumstances, Courtois will ever play for Chelsea.

As you posted, a wild guess. The had his heart set on Chelsea for years, was promised to get a chance & ...dick.

Now, how do you think he must feel ? If I were him, I´d ask for starting position for next year or I´d walk.

Personally, I feel he will score close to 20 goals in this season. That will give him some leverage to bargain with Chelsea.

As you posted, a wild guess. The had his heart set on Chelsea for years, was promised to get a chance & ...dick.

Now, how do you think he must feel ? If I were him, I´d ask for starting position for next year or I´d walk.

Personally, I feel he will score close to 20 goals in this season. That will give him some leverage to bargain with Chelsea.

I know, but more than Courtois, he was a fan of the club as a kid and is just well, a nice guy.

It's time to leave feelings out of it next summer and move Cech on. It's not like once he leaves Chelsea he'll be needing to take a massive step down to another club. He'll have his pick of a number of top clubs where he'll be very good for several more years.

But we'd be getting the best young keeper in the world who can be a brick wall for us for the next 15+ years. It's best for both parties in the long run.

and we will be stupid to automatically assume they will choose Chelsea

Honestly, I feel the same. Why should they make Chelsea their No 1 priority, is my question ?

Courtois has been in Spain for several years, has his love one there, Barca will take him, anytime. There is my answer, in his case.

Lukaku, a bit different, but pretty close the same case.

I would hate to see Courtois playing for Barcelona. :cry:

Well, get ready, it could happen, easily.

Him being in Spain, learned the language by now, his poke is around, would you wanna leave to England & start all over again ?

Well, get ready, it could happen, easily.

Him being in Spain, learned the language by now, his poke is around, would you wanna leave to England & start all over again ?

I have been saying that ever since he started his second year there..Some seem to think having a few Belgium players here will make him come ...