Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

He looked like a schoolboy in the champions league too? And against United? and Bayern?

I already stated if you had read my post that He played well in the Champions League.

And against Bayern whether you like it or not all those shots where right at him, I bet Bayern where going mad at Mandazukic who couldn't hit a good header. Plus the Ribery shot he let in was shocking, just like the Arsenal 5-3 game when he could've prevented 3-4 goals.

http://www.belgofoot.be/interview-with-thibaut-courtois-la-derniere-heure-on-cech-mignolet-and-the-world-cup/

I really like this interview! Next year will be very interesting! He will fight for his place for sure!

“I’m not afraid of fighting for my place alongside Peter Cech as I don’t fear anyone. I am confident in my abilities and I know that Mourinho does not select players based on reputation. That was proved to be the case when he chose Diego Lopez (at Real Madrid) ahead of Casillas when he thought the former player was training harder.”

It sounds clear that he wanted a good backup for Cech... That's why we tried to sign Buttland and then after Schwarzer.

Can't imagine José has any plan (the Board have one btw). José was looking for his team this season nothing more, and the best solution for this year was to have Courtois on bench in case of Cech's injury

Cech is still world class. The thing is Courtois is also approaching that level and can't be the bridesmaid forever. At some point we have to decide whether we make the switch now or sell Courtois and hope we have another prospect as good as him in about 5 years time.

It sounds clear that he wanted a good backup for Cech... That's why we tried to sign Buttland and then after Schwarzer.

If we ever sign Butland i will cringe, he's whole reputation is built on playing in the olympics, i have a mate who supports Birmingham and i saw a fair few of their games last season, some of the goals he conceded was comical.

Can't imagine José has any plan (the Board have one btw). José was looking for his team this season nothing more, and the best solution for this year was to have Courtois on bench in case of Cech's injury

Butland is third choice at Stoke right now. That move has not worked out as people scripted with Begovic staying and Sorensen is the no.2 He finds himself in quite a predicament. But even though Courtois is a better keeper than Schwarzer, I would much rather Schwarzer on the bench than Courtois because Courtois should be playing regular football rather than being on the bench here. He is on loan to a very good team who finished 3rd in La Liga, are currently in the CL and have won every La Liga game so far. I would much rather that than him being back up for Cech. He is just wasting away if that happens. On the other hand we now have a proven, experienced keeper who can come in and do a shift for Cech if he is injured or so. Compare Courtois on the bench or on loan to a team like Atletico? Of course I would go for the Atetico loan. He also has fierce competition in the NT with Mignolet who is another quality keeper.

If we ever sign Butland i will cringe, he's whole reputation is built on playing in the olympics, i have a mate who supports Birmingham and i saw a fair few of their games last season, some of the goals he conceded was comical.

Boro's Steele is ten times the keeper that Butland is. Criminally underrated player.

Boro's Steele is ten times the keeper that Butland is. Criminally underrated player.

Speaking of Boro, the Friday night game between Birmingham and Boro last November, the 2 goals Butland conceded that night you wouldn't even expect from Ross Turnbull.

Speaking of Boro, the Friday night game between Birmingham and Boro last November, the 2 goals Butland conceded that night you wouldn't even expect from Ross Turnbull.

Most keepers with good reflections get over-hyped when, for me, positioning and decision making are far more important. I think that's why Butland is so overrated; he made some excellent-reflex saves in the Olympics and got over-hyped by all of Britain.

On topic, I think it's fair to say that Thibaut easily eclipses both.

Judging by his latest quotes it sounds like we'll be bringing him back next season.

Says Jose wanted him back this season but with the World Cup he wanted to stay in Spain and play in the Champions League. Smart decision. Also says he's willing to fight for the starting spot with Cech next year.

Judging by his latest quotes it sounds like we'll be bringing him back next season.

Says Jose wanted him back this season but with the World Cup he wanted to stay in Spain and play in the Champions League. Smart decision. Also says he's willing to fight for the starting spot with Cech next year.

Hopefully.. The continued interest from Barça has me worried.

Hopefully.. The continued interest from Barça has me worried.

I'm more worried that his girlfriend is Spanish, which means her family and friends are living over there. Obviously Thibaut staying in Spain would be excellent solution for her. We all know people would go lengths for love ...