Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

8 hours ago, Jason said:

I can't remember the timeline of events but that tweet doesn't prove Di Marzio was the first to break the story. In any case, Di Marzio 'can be prone' to making stories up, especially at a time when transfer stories tend to get silly. I'll believe the story when the likes of Telegraph, Guardian, London Evening Standard report the same.

Well, looks like everyone is jumping on the bandwagon.

Just now, Jason said:

Well, when have people not jumped into the bandwagon on every little transfer rumor...?

You said you're waiting for Sky and Guradians and others to report about this. They have picked it up now..

3 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

You said you're waiting for Sky and Guradians and others to report about this. They have picked it up now..

Where did I mention Sky Sports? They ended up quoting their own sources in Italy and we all know Sky spread BS from time to time. None of Guardian, Telegraph and LES have reported it. Heck, the most reliable source on Belgian players reported nothing has happened from the last contract conversation but people conveniently ignored it.

6 minutes ago, the wes said:

the question is do Atlético Rated Oblak better than courtios if that's the case I can see Atlético asking for money and courtios 

Its a fair question, and oblak is rated extremely high. But i can't see how they could ask for that, Courtois is seemingly held in high regard from clubs across europe. It is apparently only CFC fans who want him gone haha. I think if offered Atleti would take the deal for the same reasons we would, a world class goalie swap where both goalies are happy to move on and try something new & no hassle with trying to pry another top clubs #1 away.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Where did I mention Sky Sports? They ended up quoting their own sources in Italy and we all know Sky spread BS from time to time. None of Guardian, Telegraph and LES have reported it Heck, the most reliable source on Belgian players reported nothing has happened from the last contract conversation but people conveniently ignored it.

It's alright if you don't think he isn't reliable. I do. No one gets it right all the time, but he does get stuff right mostly.

37 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Its a fair question, and oblak is rated extremely high. But i can't see how they could ask for that, Courtois is seemingly held in high regard from clubs across europe. It is apparently only CFC fans who want him gone haha. I think if offered Atleti would take the deal for the same reasons we would, a world class goalie swap where both goalies are happy to move on and try something new & no hassle with trying to pry another top clubs #1 away.

We would have to pay on top in case of a swap, because Oblak has a contract until 2021. There is no way they would let a similarly rated player on a longer contract go without getting anything in return. Since Courtois has only 1 year left we have no hand to play in negotiations, we need to get rid or risk losing him for nothing... and possibly to Liverpool (or even Man United if Real were to buy DDG). Unless Atletico are super friendly and the players put pressure on (can't see Oblak being eager to join us btw), I can't see us walking away with a straight swap.

6 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I won't lose any sleep over this one. We binned Cech for him, the GK coach, reportedly offered him 200k a week months ago etc, if he doesn't want to be here then fuck off.

100%

No "big" clubs really need a keeper.  But, I don't even care what we get for him because he's gone on a free next summer anyway.  Sell him to Getafe for 10M for all I care.

13 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

100%

No "big" clubs really need a keeper.  But, I don't even care what we get for him because he's gone on a free next summer anyway.  Sell him to Getafe for 10M for all I care.

What? ^_^

Look at what happened to United in the 6 years between Schmeichel and VDS, or City last season.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

What? ^_^

Look at what happened to United in the 6 years between Schmeichel and VDS, or City last season.

Sure.  But, he's leaving anyway.   Either we sell him, or he leaves on a free.

The guy does not care at all with Chelsea. He made it clear so many times. He is just a mercenary. Sell it with max price. Basta.

He is even toxic with Belgian national team - and caught up to disclose confidential information. Good riddance.

1 hour ago, BXL70 said:

The guy does not care at all with Chelsea. He made it clear so many times. He is just a mercenary. Sell it with max price. Basta.

If he does the business on the pitch which he by inlarge has throughout his time here, i couldn't care if he was a secret Spurs fan. 

5 hours ago, BXL70 said:

He is even toxic with Belgian national team - and caught up to disclose confidential information. Good riddance.

well said mate 

Great keeper. 

Super consistent and an absolute wall in goal. For all the talk about him not being able to stop shots, he was still second in save percentage this season only to DDG. Tells you the level at which he is held to and judged at. 

If he goes, Butland or Allison will be good replacements I think.