Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

21 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Pretty sure he has one of the lowest shots against to save ratios in the league. One game doesn’t change that.

Very much doubt that, and even if he did his ariel game still makes him a big plus. We see just how good Tibo is everytime Caballero plays.

He wasn't terrible at all lol, he didn't hold on to 2  relatively easy shots early on, but it caused no danger whatsoever.

Belgium on the other hand were terrible, except for Hazard

On 01/06/2018 at 8:58 AM, Fulham Broadway said:

I won't lose any sleep over this one. We binned Cech for him, the GK coach, reportedly offered him 200k a week months ago etc, if he doesn't want to be here then fuck off.

We hardly binned Cech, he was obviously going to be demoted to number 2, he was declining, Courtois had just had 3 amazing seasons at Atletico where he was arguably the best GK in La Liga. So many folk here wanted Courtois to replace Cech and anybody who says other wise is a liar. Yes hes playing the game a bit, he wants to move etc or is trying to pressure the board for money etc but its modern day football. Eden is in a similar place just nowhere near as blunt about it. Even if we do sell him, he cost us 8m and that was an absolute steal considering how good he has turned out and if we can convince him to resign then it will be a very very good move because he is only 26 years old. If we replace him with the likes of Butland then god help us. Alisson probably wont happen and Oblak is the in same boat, will cost too much and I can't see anybody spending 50m plus for a GK yet alone Chelsea. 

Very much doubt that, and even if he did his ariel game still makes him a big plus. We see just how good Tibo is everytime Caballero plays.

His aerial presence is the only notable difference I see and it's not exactly something that's hard for a 6ft 6in GK.

Caballero isn't Hilario.

3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

And so many also wanted Cech to remain No1 -anybody who says otherwise is a liar.

Not sure what you're arguing for here -he doesn't want to stay , we've stopped negotiating, we move on and get a keeper who wants to play for Chelsea. Bottom line is he's been well below par and shooting his mouth off.  I am pleased the board have drawn a line. The replacement is arbitrary at present.

I think he's been good.  Not GREAT, but one of the top in the league, probably top 10 in the world.

However, he's not bigger than the club, he's replaceable.  If he doesn't want to be here, fine.  Since he's leaving on a free next summer, we should just sell him and get something for him and move on.  It's going to be this summer or next anyway.  

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

His aerial presence is the only notable difference I see and it's not exactly something that's hard for a 6ft 6in GK.

Caballero isn't Hilario.

Turnbull wouldn't have conceded the goals Caballero did vs Spurs (first and third) and Huddersfield, let alone Courtois.

Overall he's been a good back up, but outside of penalty's Courtois is better in every sense.

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

And so many also wanted Cech to remain No1 -anybody who says otherwise is a liar.

And many wanted Cudicini to stay in goal when Cech arrived in the first place. Many wanted Ranieri to stay instead of Jose coming in.

The average fan has a tendency to let the heart rule the head, that's why our input ends in the terraces.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Turnbull wouldn't have conceded the goals Caballero did vs Spurs (first and third) and Huddersfield, let alone Courtois.

Overall he's been a good back up, but outside of penalty's Courtois is better in every sense.

The one constant - Christensen

Eriksen's goal is the only questionable moment IMO.

44 minutes ago, Tomo said:

And many wanted Cudicini to stay in goal when Cech arrived in the first place. Many wanted Ranieri to stay instead of Jose coming in.

The average fan has a tendency to let the heart rule the head, that's why our input ends in the terraces.

I had a fiver bet with my mate at the Zola benefit game that Cudicini would be number one the look of satisfaction when Cech started against Man United on my mate's face :middlefinger:

57 minutes ago, Tomo said:

That argument could be taken ad infinitum. Osgood returning from Saints is the first heart over head I remember - it's a salient lesson, and we had terraces then....

17 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

That argument could be taken ad infinitum. Osgood returning from Saints is the first heart over head I remember - it's a salient lesson, and we had terraces then....

You had to feel sorry for him he played in our best ever team and came back to our worst ever. He was a shadow of his former self but he was surrounded by inexperienced youngsters who got thrown in because we were so skint dark days FB.

I admit I find it hard to like him but think thats to do with his character. Think from the start when he went out with De Bruyns GF that he had been seeing 3 years.

And hes never shown any enthusiasm or want to play for us,

But none of that really matters as long as he does a good jov for us while hes here.

And if he fixed the big hole between his legs and gave his old man a bag full of gobstoppers I wouldn't mind if he sigbed his contract,

If not he can piss off and we TRY to sell him.

lol yeah right tibo....Thibaut Courtois baffled by Chelsea exit talk and plans contract meetings after World Cup

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/thibaut-courtois-baffled-by-chelsea-exit-talk-and-plans-contract-meetings-after-world-cup-a3855606.html

Thibaut Courtois Wants Chelsea Contract Talks

http://whatculture.com/sport/thibaut-courtois-wants-chelsea-contract-talks

Courtois about the concussion of Karius: "I think it's a very strange story. I've had concussions in the past, and I couldn't see a ball in front of my eyes. In the second half he also made 2 excellent saves. Normally with a concussion you leave the field, or doctors say that you have to leave the field. So I think it's a strange story. But if doctors say he had a concussion, it must be true in a way?"

Chelsea transfer news: Sky Sports' Kavel Solhekol reveals latest rumour he has heard

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/971359/Chelsea-transfer-news-Thibaut-Courtois-Sky-Sports-Kaveh-Solhekol

getting a bigger saga story than star wars i feel like a chewie coming out grrrrrrrrr 

downloadchewie.jpg

If you believe Zidane-Perez broke up story was real, the next Real Madrid manager will have to agree to bring De Gea in behind the scene. So, sooner or later, I think Courtois will sign that contract extension. No worries.