Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

2 hours ago, Marvin123 said:

Just lowered his price

By correcting himself on time before he did a De Gea? Played fantastic again for the rest of the game. The best goalkeeper at the World Cup by far.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Can we actually see RM going for both Eden and Tibo? With them getting knocked back from Salah cause he likes where he is, RM are supposedly all in for Eden but thats via Don Balon lol

Good thing is that Don Balon is always wrong.

Thierry Courtois leaps to son's defence after backlash over Pickford comments

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/courtois-criticism-everton-goalkeeper-jordan-14869909

even courtios dad  likes talking to the media aswell like father like son 

To be honest who cares what he said about Jordan Pickford. Shouldn't have any bearing regarding him and leaving or staying at the club because he made a criticism of a keeper who yeah should probably have done better for that goal... 

We signed this guy when he was a teenager, if he has no love of passion for the club now, he never will. He doesn't motivate players when things are going wrong, he does the opposite and sulks.

Every year he is saying he wants to go to Real Madrid... do Real even want him? do we know this for a fact? IF Real Madrid come knocking for Tibo, it's not because they think he's the best in the world, it's because he's in the last year of his contract and is cheaper than other options. As long as we don't go all in for Butland with the money and invest/show some ambition (I.e. The Alisson rumour) then him going doesn't bother me in the slightest.

1 hour ago, dreamcfc said:

We signed this guy when he was a teenager, if he has no love of passion for the club now, he never will. He doesn't motivate players when things are going wrong, he does the opposite and sulks.

Every year he is saying he wants to go to Real Madrid... do Real even want him? do we know this for a fact? IF Real Madrid come knocking for Tibo, it's not because they think he's the best in the world, it's because he's in the last year of his contract and is cheaper than other options. As long as we don't go all in for Butland with the money and invest/show some ambition (I.e. The Alisson rumour) then him going doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I may be pissing on romanticism and tradition here but for me a player loving the club is a bonus, a great one granted, but still a bonus. Extreme example but if Mbappe admitted he was a childhood Spurs fan and on the same day Benteke said he loved Chelsea all his life, would you rather the latter played for us?

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I may be pissing on romanticism and tradition here but for me a player loving the club is a bonus, a great one granted, but still a bonus. Extreme example but if Mbappe admitted he was a childhood Spurs fan and on the same day Benteke said he loved Chelsea all his life, would you rather the latter played for us?

You used an extremely bad example, from your perspective i'd be saying I want Tibo out because he supports another club but Jack Butland is a Chelsea fan so get him in!! .... NO, please read what I said properly and don't just take out bits.

I'm also not saying every player must be willing to die for the club they play for, I mentioned love for the club in this case because he has been here since a teenager, he's not someone we signed last year. he came here , at the age he did, because we wanted him to be our next Petr Cech, he isn't going to be that, so why keep him.

Have we ever had so much uncertainty over 1 player in recent years? The blokes in the papers every season saying he wants to go!!!

Please either agree or disagree with my post, don't just take a small quote and try to make something different from it. seems like your fishing.

5 hours ago, dreamcfc said:

Thing with Real Madrid is, if they thought there was another keeper that really was worth getting over Courtois for paying over the top, they'd have gone for them. They are a super rich club that spends 40 million pounds on 17 year olds..

Thibaut's not the best in the world, but for Real, Tbo and Alisson are prety much similar and Courtois would cost less. SO they're going for him, if they thought Alisson is far superior than him that it deserves 20 million extra, they'd have gone for him.

He may have joined as a teenager but was immediately loaned out for three years. Instead he developed love for Madrid.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, manpe said:

He may have joined as a teenager but was immediately loaned out for three years. Instead he developed love for Madrid.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Agree. And this is 1 problem about our loan system. OK it is necessary to send players out for various reasons but it can then cause them to feel grievance towards us with them thinking we dont give a toss about them.

So we have to keep in constant contact with the more hopeful ones. Making sure they FEEL they are important to US and WE care about their future. Its obvious AM got into Tibos head and heart.

I read recently that we should have put a clause into his contract - and all other players we sign from outside England, that we insisted that his family were to join him in UK.

Now I'm in 2 minds about this but I can understand it.

Not sure about the same clause in a managers contract as GENERALLY they dont stay at clubs as long as players. Not here anyway.