AvB and Chelsea's targets for 2011/12

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AvB's targets should be:

- Making Torres a constant scorrer.

- "Sexy football", passing well and keeping possesion just like Barcelona.

- Finding a good solution for the RB.

- Keeping Lamps and Ashley Cole on the bench more often and giving chances to Bertrand and Josh.

Chelsea's targets should be:

- Reaching the UCL semifinals

- Winning the FA Cup

- Winning the Curling Cup

- Fighting for the EPL (at least the second place)

That would be a pretty good start of this new era, if you ask me.

AvB's targets should be:

- Making Torres a constant scorrer.

- "Sexy football", passing well and keeping possesion just like Barcelona.

- Finding a good solution for the RB.

- Keeping Lamps and Ashley Cole on the bench more often and giving chances to Bertrand and Josh.

Chelsea's targets should be:

- Reaching the UCL semifinals

- Winning the FA Cup

- Winning the Curling Cup

- Fighting for the EPL (at least the second place)

That would be a pretty good start of this new era, if you ask me.

:goodpost:

His main goal should be to make a machinery out of our team that breaks everything in its path. A machinery in which every link knows what's it supposed to do. A machinery that is effective and runs smoothly. All other stuff like trophies will come naturally :)

AVB targets will be what he said in his press conference. To compete in all competitions for as long as possible. That has been twisted to mean win trophies or leave. But what it means is to basically do your best. You can have an outstanding season and come second because someone did even better than you. As long as we are competitive and not looking like a ragged mess we did last season then all will be good. If we can win some trophies at the end then great but i don't believe that no trophies would be the sack for AVB as long as we are competing well.

classic.. I still can't get past his infamous over-sized jacket.:lol:

He looks like he's wearing a sodding sleeping bag!! The OT moment though lol!!!! Will miss him if he retires he may be annoying but at the same time lol!!!

Agree with thats been said,compete as long as pos,make us look like the Chelsea we did under Carlo first season and hopfully we can win some stuff and he wont get the sack even if he does and all! Make us look conviving rather then just running around not knowing whats going on...and make sure they understand pass to the right players!!!

Wenger looks like some inflated standing up slug in that jacket of his

In terms of AVB:

Premier League- 3rd at least

This squad no matter how ageing is good enough to finish in the top 3. We fell apart in the middle of last season but still managed to get 2nd. I would expect that with a few new signings we challenge for the title but I would not see 3rd as a disaster in a rebuilding stage that we are going through.

Carling Cup- Do not mind as long as we give younger players a chance

In Ancelotti's first season we got to the semi finals only to lose on penalties to Blackburn which is very good considering that we were still in the other 3 competitions. Last season he gave the youth a chance and a few unlucky injuries saw us lose 3-4 to a strong Newcastle team. To be honest I really dont think Abramovich cares too much about the Carling Cup because it is not seen as a major trophy so it is imperative that McEachran, Bertrand, Sturridge and a few reserves are given playing time because they will not get a huge amount in the league

FA Cup- Win

5 or so wins and you have yourself a trophy. In many cases we play our first one or two games at home against a lower division team. AVB should mix the youth in with a few seniors in the Cup in my opinion (unless we come up against a strong Premier League outfit) for example McEachran and Lampard both in midfield.

Champions League- Semi final

This one again. Every year we say 'this is our last chance with our ageing squad' and we come so close. As ever I expect us to come through the group stage as group winners and then it is onto the knockout rounds. I think we can win this trophy but this year at least I don't think we will. As lame as it sounds we have been quite unlucky with the teams we have played or the way in which we have gone out though:

2008- One slip in a shootout

2009- Incompetent refereeing

2010- Against Mourinho who knows us inside out and Inter who knew Ancelotti well

2011- Beaten fair and square, (should have been given a penalty in the first leg) but we didnt help ourselves by losing the first leg at home

Top 4 (Title Challenge)

Champions League, Pass group stage

QF of both domestic cups

These should be initial targets IMO... I think we will end up doing better, but I don't want to heap too much pressure on him in his first season in England as a manager.

Top 4 (Title Challenge)

Champions League, Pass group stage

QF of both domestic cups

These should be initial targets IMO... I think we will end up doing better, but I don't want to heap too much pressure on him in his first season in England as a manager.

lol

Poor targets. He will get axed If this is all he can do, and he will deserve it as long as We bring the right players.

His fate will rely in PL and in CL and specially in his playing style.

PL - Top 2

CL - Semi - finals or being a tough oponent for Madrid or Barça.

Playing style - attacking football, not losing at Stamford Bridge and winning games agaisnt small clubs. If he lost to Sunderland at SB by 3-0, the board will start to look at him with different eyes.

The board will be also happy If he manages to introduce youth players.

The board is expecting a similar impact Guardiola had in Barcelona years ago. They wont be satisfied with a 4th place in PL and only surviving the group stage in CL.