AvB and Chelsea's targets for 2011/12

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

Can't wait for the Arsanal vs Chelsea match.

That will be the most entertaining match of the season for me.

Forget about United, Barca, Real, Liverpool, Spurs City, this is the match i am waiting for most.

Wenger vs AVB!

I would eat my shoes if AVB beats Wenger Arsanal by playing some awesome football.

:D

^Sure, every club likes to think that till they win the CL .

Just because you've not won it doesn't mean anyone else who has has simply been lucky.

Otherwise we wouldn't be upset about going out of the CL they way we do every year. We'd instead be content in the knowledge that the winner was merely "lucky".

Of course the Premiership is what you have your heart set on before a season begins, it's your bread and butter and all that. But let's not belittle other's achievements, just because we've not accomplished what they have. What do they call it? Sour grapes.

Edited by Madmax

Guest justin_3d

"The champions league is not won by the best clubs, they are won by the clubs who are lucky" ___Andre Villas-Boas

Winning the league over 38 games is a true test of our quality.

Even Mourinho said that.

But amazingly when he wins he does not says anything....

So i will agree with Madmax. Is just sour grapes from those that don't win it.

"The champions league is not won by the best clubs, they are won by the clubs who are lucky" ___Andre Villas-Boas

It's more or less true for all cup competitions, although some might say that's what makes them interesting.

The league format as you pointed out is the best way of testing a team's real quality, that's why in theory a European Superleague would be a much better competition than the CL.

Well he needed 25 out of 30.

You show the true quality if you dominate no matter in what competition you play.

Today I thought and I found very many similarities now that summer after the dismissal of Claudio Ranieri. Then again we had not won anything, and now more irony again our coach was Italian. Hopefully by then the similarities continue in the new season

With the current quality of our squad, we had be lucky to finish in the top four. other top teams are strengthening their squad while we remain static. The signing of a new manager is the only step we have taken so far to improve the team. . .AVB could be a great manager but he's not a miracle worker and can only do so much with the current squad at his disposal. if we remain stagnant int the transfer market without buying top quality players and offloading the liabilities, I just can't see us having a successful campaign next season.

With the current quality of our squad, we had be lucky to finish in the top four. other top teams are strengthening their squad while we remain static. The signing of a new manager is the only step we have taken so far to improve the team. . .AVB could be a great manager but he's not a miracle worker and can only do so much with the current squad at his disposal. if we remain stagnant int the transfer market without buying top quality players and offloading the liabilities, I just can't see us having a successful campaign next season.

I think not making new signings would be perfect really ... if we're looking to compete for the 3rd spot.

There's a difference between assertion and action. Until I see the quality of players he has in mind and actually acquires, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Think you're going to have to be a bit more paitent.

We didn't know anything about AVB coming to Chelsea until it was actually happening so maybe there are a few things going on behind the scenes. It's very clear we are interested in Modric for one and have made bids for him.

Think you're going to have to be a bit more paitent.

We didn't know anything about AVB coming to Chelsea until it was actually happening so maybe there are a few things going on behind the scenes. It's very clear we are interested in Modric for one and have made bids for him.

The problem with the slow approach in the transfer market is, other clubs are moving quickly and if we don't match up with the pace, we might be forced to settle for the rest of the best. besides, it makes sense to make new signings at early stages of pre-season, that way the manager can better identify the best 11, the most suitable formation and system to get the best out of the players and make the new signings click with the rest of the squad before the season commences.