AvB and Chelsea's targets for 2011/12

Think you're going to have to be a bit more paitent.

We didn't know anything about AVB coming to Chelsea until it was actually happening so maybe there are a few things going on behind the scenes. It's very clear we are interested in Modric for one and have made bids for him.

I'm becoming IMPATIENT with calls to stay patient ...Pre season is most important for new signings to be there and settled in ...

Its less than a month till the PL starts ...seemed everyone knew the types of player we need. I have a terrible feeling we won't get any of them

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with the slow approach in the transfer market is, other clubs are moving quickly and if we don't match up with the pace, we might be forced to settle for the rest of the best. besides, it makes sense to make new signings at early stages of pre-season, that way the manager can better identify the best 11, the most suitable formation and system to get the best out of the players and make the new signings click with the rest of the squad before the season commences.

I wouldn't describe trying to buy Modric as settling. He is a very, very good player and better than any signing any of our rivals have made.

Of course it makes sense to buy players early to give them as much time to adapt but it isn't that easy. Besides AVB did say he wanted to assess the squad completely and identify what areas he wants to add to.

With the current quality of our squad, we had be lucky to finish in the top four. other top teams are strengthening their squad while we remain static. The signing of a new manager is the only step we have taken so far to improve the team. . .AVB could be a great manager but he's not a miracle worker and can only do so much with the current squad at his disposal. if we remain stagnant int the transfer market without buying top quality players and offloading the liabilities, I just can't see us having a successful campaign next season.

I feel that these players have needed simply by instilling confidence in our own strength and believe in themselves. I do not think Manchester United have better players and units, the problem in Chelsea is the lack of confidence in their abilities

With the current quality of our squad, we had be lucky to finish in the top four. other top teams are strengthening their squad while we remain static. The signing of a new manager is the only step we have taken so far to improve the team. . .AVB could be a great manager but he's not a miracle worker and can only do so much with the current squad at his disposal. if we remain stagnant int the transfer market without buying top quality players and offloading the liabilities, I just can't see us having a successful campaign next season.

I agree. We need to improve the quality of our squad if we want to win something.

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas adamant he will win Champions League in maiden season

"In the next year for sure the trophy will arrive in this club," the former Porto coach declared confidently, in shades of his compatriot Jose Mourinho, the self-proclaimed "special one" who failed to deliver club football's top prize for Chelsea's ambitious owner Roman Abramovich.

http://www.telegraph...den-season.html

Guest justin_3d

I don't think he said this year, but in the coming years.

Which it can be true, if AVB is as good as Mourinho.

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas adamant he will win Champions League in maiden season

"In the next year for sure the trophy will arrive in this club," the former Porto coach declared confidently, in shades of his compatriot Jose Mourinho, the self-proclaimed "special one" who failed to deliver club football's top prize for Chelsea's ambitious owner Roman Abramovich.

http://www.telegraph...den-season.html

if he really said that he is madder than mad ....