Karim Benzema

LDN Blue

It isn't a secret that most of the Brazilians don't like Diego because of his decision.This isn't anything against you or your country.

that's generalizing.

It's no secret Costa is better than any of our options to the NT attack, but unlike Chelsea, Brazil had really no other option while Chelsea may have many.

Lukaku and Costa are more of the same and with useless Torres we don't have any technical striker to bail us off the jail if it comes to that.

I don't like Diego Costa because he's limited in my eyes. While I think he could improve both Chelsea and Brazil, Chelsea can buy other options while Brazil only had him. So I'd welcome him more at Brazil than Chelsea because Chelsea have other options while Brazil don't. It's not rocket science.

I wish I had access to the Torres speculation thread... I'm sure I'd see a lot of similarities to the Costa thread right now and I won't be surprised at all if Costa ends up being yet another shot at water. He's better than Torres, but the same way I was cursing everyone and their mothers in Chelsea when we signed Torres - before he even touched a ball for us, I'm more than weary about Costa as the big or at least the only striker we're signing. It's a recipe to uncertainty in my mind and that, my friend, has nothing to do with him playing for Spain or Brazil... I don't even care much about Brazil NT... I care a whole lot more about Chelsea and this isn't the ideal business in my head. Far from it. And then if he comes and God forbid he proves to be just what I think he is, then people - maybe even you - will make his thread Torres 2.0 while they were all wanking themselves about him now. At least I've always cursed Torres from day zero - even before day one. If Costa ends up only fairly better, than I'll be happy to have had the same opinion about him through and through. But you know what will make me even happier? To be proved wrong and the guy be spectacular playing for us. I just think he shouldn't be our only or biggest striker target.

I rate Benzema higher than Costa, and if I could have a say, I'd want Benz to play both for Brazil and Chelsea, but while one is impossible, the other is far-fetched. But my opinion isn't because I'm bitter about a player choosing Spain over Brazil. I'm not even bitter about it to be honest and he did nothing for Spain that Fred hasn't done for Brazil too: dive a penalty and have not even one shot on target.

He was really inconsistent in most of his RM spell aswell.

that's a bad and shallow argument if you don't analyze it further.

He split appearances with Higuain for two seasons, he had an injury and he plays by Ronaldo's side.

Those things can influence in a player consistency and show me one striker that doesn't go through dry spells? Consistency is much more apparent in the striker position and guess who's going through one dry spell just now?

Is Karim the best striker in the world? Not even close, but this inconsistency argument is the same about Schurrle while he was in Leverkusen. Just stats bullshit and a player having a dig of form here and there - in addition to starting about only half matches in the season and having one of the most selfish players by his side (which is not a dig at Ronaldo, he should be as selfish as they get with his quality - chances of him scoring are bigger than any striker by his side).

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not I secret I absolutely hate Diego Costa, everybody in here knows it! However, that has nothing to do with his quality. Otherwise I would also say Messi and Suarez are shit just because I despise them...

The fact you are resorting to those kind of defensive comments just shows you arent intelligent enough to give me decent footballing reasons as to why Diego Costa is better than Benzema.

For instance, can Diego finish in so many different ways like Benzema did against Switzerland (a top seeded team)? Can he link up like Benzema does? Can he stand the pressure of having to win week-in and week-out?

Sorry, but those are all questions Diego Costa still has to answer. While we already know Benzema has done it before for more than one season!

Costa is a way better finisher than Benzema.Costa is better in terms of heading and handling the pressure (remember the build up to the penalty at the Bridge)aswell,Benzema more often than not goes missing in big games.He also scored 15-20 goals in the last season,playing the second fiddle to Falcao,which negates your last sentence.

Costa is a way better finisher than Benzema.Costa is better in terms of heading and handling the pressure (remember the build up to the penalty at the Bridge)aswell,Benzema more often than not goes missing in big games.He also scored 15-20 goals in the last season,playing the second fiddle to Falcao,which negates your last sentence.

Don't be so ambiguous. Which big games did Karim not show up to?

He just seems like the kind of player that Real Madrid would ditch or force out in order to bring in the flashy, galactico like Suarez. Just like they forced Özil out for the flavor of the month Isco.

Coincidentally, I could see Benzema going to Arsenal just like Özil did. Hope not because I think he'd be lethal in that side.

Real love ditching world class players - Sneijder, Robben, Makalele, Özil etc...

Everyone knows that I love Benzema and I would honestly love to pick him up if Real are ditching him, I personally think he needs to leave Real to truly be appreciated. Would welcome him with open arms.

I wish I had access to the Torres speculation thread... I'm sure I'd see a lot of similarities to the Costa thread right now

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/1832-fernando-torres

Sigh, little did we know it would turn out as the worst signing in club history

Talent wise Benzema definitely has more than Costa, but he can be really incosistent and it's frustrating, just ask Madrid fans. I'd rather have Costa for that sole reason, who has the mentality to perform well for the whole season

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/1832-fernando-torres

Sigh, little did we know it would turn out as the worst signing in club history

Talent wise Benzema definitely has more than Costa, but he can be really incosistent and it's frustrating, just ask Madrid fans. I'd rather have Costa for that sole reason, who has the mentality to perform well for the whole season

I wish I could get a few tweets of mine when I came across those news. I don't remember ever being so pissed at a signing my club did.

I've never rated Torres - even when he was on his best - for the same reason I don't rate Costa.

I can recognize a player's good moment and right doings, but I hate players that lack technique. I like my players talented and technical, not simply poachers, or workhorses... I see Costa better than Torres when he was good, but not by much and I'm sure at some point he will derail to the same mediocrity alley Torres has gone. It's unavoidable. Players like them don't last much anyway because it's based on things that don't last much. Costa is better than Torres was when we signed him, Costa will do better for us than Torres did. I won't be surprised if the improvement isn't a remarkable one. He doesn't have what it takes to carry on imo and if he has a couple of good seasons for us I'll already be happy. I fear he might not even have those.

I've made mistakes predicting players' careers before, of course I did, but there were more hits than misses by a large distance. I'm not against us getting Costa if we get another top striker or at least someone very promising and about to peak that isn't named Lukaku.

I wish I could get a few tweets of mine when I came across those news. I don't remember ever being so pissed at a signing my club did.

I've never rated Torres - even when he was on his best - for the same reason I don't rate Costa.

I can recognize a player's good moment and right doings, but I hate players that lack technique. I like my players talented and technical, not simply poachers, or workhorses... I see Costa better than Torres when he was good, but not by much and I'm sure at some point he will derail to the same mediocrity alley Torres has gone. It's unavoidable. Players like them don't last much anyway because it's based on things that don't last much. Costa is better than Torres was when we signed him, Costa will do better for us than Torres did. I won't be surprised if the improvement isn't a remarkable one. He doesn't have what it takes to carry on imo and if he has a couple of good seasons for us I'll already be happy. I fear he might not even have those.

I've made mistakes predicting players' careers before, of course I did, but there were more hits than misses by a large distance. I'm not against us getting Costa if we get another top striker or at least someone very promising and about to peak that isn't named Lukaku.

How are you so sure Costa is going to "Torres" with us? When Torres was at his best he was one of the very best in the world. If Costa can produce like Torres did at Liverpool for 4,5 years, it would have been a great signing. Costa isn't technical but he is a good finisher, he's strong in the air, and doesn't get knocked off the ball easily. Just cause it doesn't look nice when he dribbles like Van Persie, Suarez, Falcao, doesn't mean he isnt skilled. I can't wait for him to prove everyone wrong. He is an excellent striker. Lukaku will NEVER be as good as Costa.

How are you so sure Costa is going to "Torres" with us? When Torres was at his best he was one of the very best in the world. If Costa can produce like Torres did at Liverpool for 4,5 years, it would have been a great signing. Costa isn't technical but he is a good finisher, he's strong in the air, and doesn't get knocked off the ball easily. Just cause it doesn't look nice when he dribbles like Van Persie, Suarez, Falcao, doesn't mean he isnt skilled. I can't wait for him to prove everyone wrong. He is an excellent striker. Lukaku will NEVER be as good as Costa.

For the same reason I was positive Torres would be a fluke. He overachieved at Liverpool.

I've requested my twitter archive to find those tweets. People see a couple of stats and have their mind made about a player and don't see their obvious limitations. One doesn't even have to be very smart to notice those small (and sometimes even not that small) flaws. But well, at least I can put a bookmark in this page and save those posts...

And I'm in the minority here, everybody thinks he'll be great, I don't. There are a very few that are weary like me.

Lukaku seems to be the same as Costa and Torres, but he's still under development and I've been waiting longer to make a final assessment. But from what I've seen so far from him, he's the same as Torres and Costa. I'd say Costa > Lukaku > Torres

For the same reason I was positive Torres would be a fluke. He overachieved at Liverpool.

I've requested my twitter archive to find those tweets. People see a couple of stats and have their mind made about a player and don't see their obvious limitations. One doesn't even have to be very smart to notice those small (and sometimes even not that small) flaws. But well, at least I can put a bookmark in this page and save those posts...

And I'm in the minority here, everybody thinks he'll be great, I don't. There are a very few that are weary like me.

Lukaku seems to be the same as Costa and Torres, but he's still under development and I've been waiting longer to make a final assessment. But from what I've seen so far from him, he's the same as Torres and Costa. I'd say Costa > Lukaku > Torres

Except for Torres flopped cause he had degenerative knees. Not cause his skill level dropped. But lets ignore that. Costa just had the longest season he's ever had, it's natural he's gonna be banged up.

Barbara,

Costa's technique isn't as bad as you make it out to be.With his great physical attributes he is also able to combine his ball skills with his strength,in many of his goals he shook off the defender before he shot.

And consider we have many player in our squad who are good on the ball like Hazard,Oscar,Willian,Fabregas or even Matic who also has decent technique.Costa also fits very good in Mourinho's counter-attacking system.

Except for Torres flopped cause he had degenerative knees. Not cause his skill level dropped. But lets ignore that. Costa just had the longest season he's ever had, it's natural he's gonna be banged up.

my tweets

and that comes from someone who DEFINITELY DOESN'T approve Torres move to MY TEAM despite his quality as a player

10:24 PM - 31 Jan 2011

it's like Kaka 2.0 all over again. I should try to manage the teams I support. Those people can take some very stupid decisions

2:42 PM - 6 Feb 2011

kudos to LFC. I have more reasons than ever to think Torres deal is as bad as Kaka deal but better times (and players) will come

4:05 PM - 6 Feb 2011

Not only I was right about Torres, but about Kaká too. Maybe that's a gift :P

The thing is I used to have a small crush on Torres back then, because of La Roja, so I thought he was cute and didn't think even that about Kaká so I was more bitter about Kaká than Torres. But I still hated it. I'm looking for more tweets, lol. There were some hateful tweets.

Barbara,

Costa's technique isn't as bad as you make it out to be.With his great physical attributes he is also able to combine his ball skills with his strength,in many of his goals he shook off the defender before he shot.

And consider we have many player in our squad who are good on the ball like Hazard,Oscar,Willian,Fabregas or even Matic who also has decent technique.Costa also fits very good in Mourinho's counter-attacking system.

I hope he isn't. I haven't watched more than 20 matches of him, so I hope to be wrong.

found a few more tweets, lol, I was so much more annoying back then, age does wonders for someone, hahahaha

but then there were many injuries and he never was the same again. I don't know who's responsible for him on Chelsea but this person knows

6:14 PM - 1 Mar 2011
Barbara C S C Batist @BabiLira_ Protected Tweets

little of football or is hopeful that Torres will be his old self. I've watching football for too long and saw many cases like his. Most

6:15 PM - 1 Mar 2011

yeah Didier. For God's sake just take Torres off and pls do not bring him back for let's say 30 matches

6:02 PM - 1 Mar 2011

I said before Torres came to Chelsea I made it clear 1) we didn't need him; 2) he's not worth 50M; 3) he's not the player he used to be

5:53 PM - 1 Mar 2011

the more I see of him the more sure I am I couldn't be more right. I hate to see my teams wasting money on players like Torres and Kaká

5:54 PM - 1 Mar 2011

I know Ancelotti totally lost it when I see Drogba on the bench and Torres playing. Dear God, how can he be so clueless?

4:35 PM - 1 Mar 2011

on twitter reading about this miracle #wherewereyouwhentorresscored

3:46 PM - 23 Apr 2011
I'm laughing my arse off reading my old tweets, lol
Reminiscing session is over though

my tweets

1c4fc806685bf2f2d017be09bbcb8369_bigger.Barbara C S C Batist ‏@BabiLira_ Protected Tweets

and that comes from someone who DEFINITELY DOESN'T approve Torres move to MY TEAM despite his quality as a player

10:24 PM - 31 Jan 2011

1c4fc806685bf2f2d017be09bbcb8369_bigger.Barbara C S C Batist ‏@BabiLira_ Protected Tweets

it's like Kaka 2.0 all over again. I should try to manage the teams I support. Those people can take some very stupid decisions

2:42 PM - 6 Feb 2011

kudos to LFC. I have more reasons than ever to think Torres deal is as bad as Kaka deal but better times (and players) will come

4:05 PM - 6 Feb 2011

Not only I was right about Torres, but about Kaká too. Maybe that's a gift :P

The thing is I used to have a small crush on Torres back then, because of La Roja, so I thought he was cute and didn't think even that about Kaká so I was more bitter about Kaká than Torres. But I still hated it. I'm looking for more tweets, lol. There were some hateful tweets.

But there is no reason to believe Costa will be like Torres. Different styles, players, mentalities, career paths, etc. Let's just say you're gonna be wrong, for the sake of Chelsea.

It is pretty safe to say both Benzema and Costa are good players. There is no argument in saying who is the better striker because they are very different in style.

I personnaly like Benzema a lot (feel free to use my nationality against me, I'm probably biased as fuck), I think he is the kind of player who works well in tight spaces. And I think Costa is more suited to a counter attacking style feeding of quality passes in behind the defense.

So one may argue Costa suits our style better. At least our style from last season.

However what we lacked last season was versatility. We just couldn't win some games with that counter attacking style although we did just about fine against the big confident in position sides.

So my two cents on this are that Benzema would help us win those games agains tightly packed defenses and help us develop a more calm approach towards those tricky games while Costa would make us stronger in what we are already kind of good at.

So the question is : Do you want us to be better at counter attacking big teams or do you want us to smack those litlle sides right in the face?

Considering last season's results I'm fairly happy to say I would prefer Benzema over Costa. He would help us adding another sharp edge to our style and enable us to mix it up when the counter attack just doesn't seem to be enough. I'm pretty sure that Lukaku is enough in a counter attacking style with the contributions and runs of our forwards.

Then again this is me being a French biased SOB so feel free to disagree.

It is pretty safe to say both Benzema and Costa are good players. There is no argument in saying who is the better striker because they are very different in style.

I personnaly like Benzema a lot (feel free to use my nationality against me, I'm probably biased as fuck), I think he is the kind of player who works well in tight spaces. And I think Costa is more suited to a counter attacking style feeding of quality passes in behind the defense.

So one may argue Costa suits our style better. At least our style from last season.

However what we lacked last season was versatility. We just couldn't win some games with that counter attacking style although we did just about fine against the big confident in position sides.

So my two cents on this are that Benzema would help us win those games agains tightly packed defenses and help us develop a more calm approach towards those tricky games while Costa would make us stronger in what we are already kind of good at.

So the question is : Do you want us to be better at counter attacking big teams or do you want us to smack those litlle sides right in the face?

Considering last season's results I'm fairly happy to say I would prefer Benzema over Costa. He would help us adding another sharp edge to our style and enable us to mix it up when the counter attack just doesn't seem to be enough. I'm pretty sure that Lukaku is enough in a counter attacking style with the contributions and runs of our forwards.

Then again this is me being a French biased SOB so feel free to disagree.

Belle analyse

I hope he isn't. I haven't watched more than 20 matches of him, so I hope to be wrong.

found a few more tweets, lol, I was so much more annoying back then, age does wonders for someone, hahahaha

but then there were many injuries and he never was the same again. I don't know who's responsible for him on Chelsea but this person knows

6:14 PM - 1 Mar 2011

Barbara C S C Batist ‏@BabiLira_ Protected Tweets

little of football or is hopeful that Torres will be his old self. I've watching football for too long and saw many cases like his. Most

6:15 PM - 1 Mar 2011

yeah Didier. For God's sake just take Torres off and pls do not bring him back for let's say 30 matches

6:02 PM - 1 Mar 2011

I said before Torres came to Chelsea I made it clear 1) we didn't need him; 2) he's not worth 50M; 3) he's not the player he used to be

5:53 PM - 1 Mar 2011

the more I see of him the more sure I am I couldn't be more right. I hate to see my teams wasting money on players like Torres and Kaká

5:54 PM - 1 Mar 2011

I know Ancelotti totally lost it when I see Drogba on the bench and Torres playing. Dear God, how can he be so clueless?

4:35 PM - 1 Mar 2011

on twitter reading about this miracle #wherewereyouwhentorresscored

3:46 PM - 23 Apr 2011

I'm laughing my arse off reading my old tweets, lol

Reminiscing session is over though

Why's your twitter blocked? You have some stalkers, Barb?

I remember those days when we signed Torres. I was so sad, on the verge of tears for entire time we were linked with him. I was sad and angry at the same time. Sad because of Torres, I didn't want him to finish his career here as I thought he would, and angry at our board for signing him. I read news like lunatic expecting to read that deal collapsed. I was hopeful he wont pass medical and the deal would be off. In fact I was sure in that outcome until the deal was announced. After that happen I was pissed for weeks. I was so angry that I wasn't able to concentrate on learning for weeks. It was madness.

After that signing I developed very critical and bitter attitude towards board. Not so much anymore, now I'm just critical when I think we lack some kind of players and overspending on others. And our style of play. Jose went for CM after all therefore criticism is even less.

Nevermind, I'm not nearly as negative towards Costa signing. I just don't think he will be or is world class striker like Suarez, Aguero or RVP are. Therefore I will never expect him to win the game on his own if service is shit and we play bad.

If we sign him I don't see point in keeping Lukaku. Let him go somewhere where he can play more and offer something different from his competition. He surely needs further developing. And I would prefer Benzema and Lukaku combination over Costa, but Costa isn't bad at all and Jose can make him even better if he feels he fits in his system better than anyone else available.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You