Karim Benzema

LDN Blue

Why's your twitter blocked? You have some stalkers, Barb?

privacy. I don't think I have stalkers.

If you have any account, add me there, so you can see the tweets straight from there. I tried to link them here - in that feature that appears the tweet, but as the account is protected it doesn't show...

Nevermind, I'm not nearly as negative towards Costa signing. I just don't think he will be or is world class striker like Suarez, Aguero or RVP are. Therefore I will never expect him to win the game on his own if service is shit and we play bad.

If we sign him I don't see point in keeping Lukaku. Let him go somewhere where he can play more and offer something different from his competition. He surely needs further developing. And I would prefer Benzema and Lukaku combination over Costa, but Costa isn't bad at all and Jose can make him even better if he feels he fits in his system better than anyone else available.

Sigh... I prefer Benz + Lukaku over Costa too. Lukaku + Costa makes no sense it gives us no versatility at all and against the parked buses from last season with our AMs sucking to create, we're faded to struggle again as they aren't suited for that kind of game imo.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is pretty safe to say both Benzema and Costa are good players. There is no argument in saying who is the better striker because they are very different in style.

I personnaly like Benzema a lot (feel free to use my nationality against me, I'm probably biased as fuck), I think he is the kind of player who works well in tight spaces. And I think Costa is more suited to a counter attacking style feeding of quality passes in behind the defense.

So one may argue Costa suits our style better. At least our style from last season.

However what we lacked last season was versatility. We just couldn't win some games with that counter attacking style although we did just about fine against the big confident in position sides.

So my two cents on this are that Benzema would help us win those games agains tightly packed defenses and help us develop a more calm approach towards those tricky games while Costa would make us stronger in what we are already kind of good at.

So the question is : Do you want us to be better at counter attacking big teams or do you want us to smack those litlle sides right in the face?

Considering last season's results I'm fairly happy to say I would prefer Benzema over Costa. He would help us adding another sharp edge to our style and enable us to mix it up when the counter attack just doesn't seem to be enough. I'm pretty sure that Lukaku is enough in a counter attacking style with the contributions and runs of our forwards.

Then again this is me being a French biased SOB so feel free to disagree.

:clap:

There's a reason why my faves members from the forum are French. They know it all.

Amazing analysis mate.

I wish I could get a few tweets of mine when I came across those news. I don't remember ever being so pissed at a signing my club did.

I've never rated Torres - even when he was on his best - for the same reason I don't rate Costa.

I can recognize a player's good moment and right doings, but I hate players that lack technique. I like my players talented and technical, not simply poachers, or workhorses... I see Costa better than Torres when he was good, but not by much and I'm sure at some point he will derail to the same mediocrity alley Torres has gone. It's unavoidable. Players like them don't last much anyway because it's based on things that don't last much. Costa is better than Torres was when we signed him, Costa will do better for us than Torres did. I won't be surprised if the improvement isn't a remarkable one. He doesn't have what it takes to carry on imo and if he has a couple of good seasons for us I'll already be happy. I fear he might not even have those.

I've made mistakes predicting players' careers before, of course I did, but there were more hits than misses by a large distance. I'm not against us getting Costa if we get another top striker or at least someone very promising and about to peak that isn't named Lukaku.

The part of Costa that I think you might not be considering enough is his mental outlook and persistence. I also felt terrible about Chelsea's decision on the Torres transfer in January 2011 (I also felt bad about the club as a whole many months before and after that January) and not getting Suarez (yes, I used to watch him at Ajax too). I haven't watch Costa much to be honest, but Chelsea are in a position where they cannot find the perfect superstar to buy who is a good age and consistent. Mueller would be a great signing--as you said the other day, but I don't think Mueller will be sold by Bayern regardless of what Pep thinks. Benzema is inconsistent, as we've said, Mandzukic is a very good player, Balotelli a mixed bag, to be generous---but maybe he's reached a good maturity level at this point... and Suarez is not on the radar for CFC after Liverpool. Who else? oh, there's one guy: Benteke, who is a REAL CF but maybe Jose hasn't looked at him enough just yet.

Balotelli could end up being the player that Arsenal need (along with Super Serge Aurier, a new, imposing CM, and maybe someone like Pedro or another winger). Balotelli could go on to be what he should be after this summer window, which would be frightening.

Out of all the strikers that could realistically be bought (Suarez, Mueller, Cavani are not possible for CFC in my mind), I rate Benteke as high or higher than all of them. His only problem has been playing for Aston Villa and his injuries last season. Otherwise, he is a perfect CF. Benzema doesn't have the accuracy nor consistence/mental fortitude of Benteke, Balotelli hasn't demonstrated the fortitude or maturity of Benteke, Costa doesn't have the technique of Benteke.

The part of Costa that I think you might not be considering enough is his mental outlook and persistence. I also felt terrible about Chelsea's decision on the Torres transfer in January 2011 (I also felt bad about the club as a whole many months before and after that January) and not getting Suarez (yes, I used to watch him at Ajax too). I haven't watch Costa much to be honest, but Chelsea are in a position where they cannot find the perfect superstar to buy who is a good age and consistent. Mueller would be a great signing--as you said the other day, but I don't think Mueller will be sold by Bayern regardless of what Pep thinks. Benzema is inconsistent, as we've said, Mandzukic is a very good player, Balotelli a mixed bag, to be generous---but maybe he's reached a good maturity level at this point... and Suarez is not on the radar for CFC after Liverpool. Who else? oh, there's one guy: Benteke, who is a REAL CF but maybe Jose hasn't looked at him enough just yet.

Balotelli could end up being the player that Arsenal need (along with Super Serge Aurier, a new, imposing CM, and maybe someone like Pedro or another winger). Balotelli could go on to be what he should be after this summer window, which would be frightening.

I like a lot of names in your post.

I'm a Benteke fan - although I know he is no ace. I also think with Lewandowski arriving at Bayern there won't be much space for Müller. Balotelli could soar under Mourinho, I really believe Mou to be the manager to get the best out of him, and as I just said on the Mourinho's thread, I'd rather break the bank with Suarez and sign no one else than get Costa + LB + another striker and whoever else Mourinho has in mind. Or Sturridge... if we swallowed our pride for Matic we could do the same for Daniel too - and it wouldn't even be that expensive, though I'm not sure he'd be interested to come back. Anyway, I have a long list of targets that I'd rather have here than Costa. Costa is like only ahead of Mandzukic to be honest and Lukaku himself.

I just read that Lukaku will probably land in a loan for Atletico... if that's the case, we need a better backup than Torres asap - although Lukaku as Costa backup has always been redundant and pointless.

I like a lot of names in your post.

I'm a Benteke fan - although I know he is no ace. I also think with Lewandowski arriving at Bayern there won't be much space for Müller. Balotelli could soar under Mourinho, I really believe Mou to be the manager to get the best out of him, and as I just said on the Mourinho's thread, I'd rather break the bank with Suarez and sign no one else than get Costa + LB + another striker and whoever else Mourinho has in mind. Or Sturridge... if we swallowed our pride for Matic we could do the same for Daniel too - and it wouldn't even be that expensive, though I'm not sure he'd be interested to come back. Anyway, I have a long list of targets that I'd rather have here than Costa. Costa is like only ahead of Mandzukic to be honest and Lukaku himself.

I just read that Lukaku will probably land in a loan for Atletico... if that's the case, we need a better backup than Torres asap - although Lukaku as Costa backup has always been redundant and pointless.

I believe a more mature Baltotelli is the only buyable striker I mentioned who can top Benteke. I'll disagree on Benteke not being an ace. If Tekkers had better support around him, he would do even more. As Benteke played for Aston Villa, he was both their catalyst/creator and a highly accurate scoring threat. Balotelli just has a better body for all physical challenges IMO.

Suarez is imposible for multiple reasons. Madrid want him and in reality no player would say no to Madrid in normal conditions , he will cost more than 80M€ to Madrid and for Chelsea he would cost even more, and finally Mourinho was not that kind with him so I think he would want to go to any other team than going to CHelsea. He is the best in the world... we can't have him...

• 1 month later...

Madrid replaced midfield and goalkeeper, something that worked great before. About to sell Maria, Lopez who played great last season at Madrid.

Yet one problem they should work on; the striker: they keep benzema and buying no one else. Its just weird.

If they kept whole team same but replaced Benzema with Suarez, they would have perfect team.

Perez is nut and Anceloti not much better for allowing all these transfers.

Madrid replaced midfield and goalkeeper, something that worked great before. About to sell Maria, Lopez who played great last season at Madrid.

Yet one problem they should work on; the striker: they keep benzema and buying no one else. Its just weird.

If they kept whole team same but replaced Benzema with Suarez, they would have perfect team.

Perez is nut and Anceloti not much better for allowing all these transfers.

Benzema is actually doing just fine in Madrid, leaving the decisive goals to Ronaldo, and just doing his job in defence and scoring against mid table teams.I think Ancelotti fears that a great striker would actually break the Ronaldo-dependancy that José Mourinho created in Madrid, that could change the way Madrid's midfield would actually read the game, and for an example rather than give the ball mainly to Ronaldo or to Bale to start an attack, they would also try to give the key to a Falcao or to a Cavani, and that would change Madrid's way of playing, Benzema knows that he isnt a great striker, just a fine 9, he wouldnt rise his voice if he isnt always "feeded" with balls, dont think another one could accept that role.

• 11 months later...

Rumors that Arsenal want to sign him and he might leave Real, if Costa is out for a while we simply must try to sign him if he is available imo.

They will only sell Benzema if another big name striker is available.

They will only sell Benzema if another big name striker is available.

Lmao, Arsenal fans getting stupidly excited because he uploaded an Instagram picture of him on a plane :lol:

Unless Real sign Cavani or someone of that caliber, I agree with you.

Lmao, Arsenal fans getting stupidly excited because he uploaded an Instagram picture of him on a plane :lol:

Unless Real sign Cavani or someone of that caliber, I agree with you.

Cavani is awful if they sign him they might as well have kept Higuain after all these years. But then again they sacked Carlo for FSW so I don't know anymore :ph34r:

Watch the first preseason game when Ronaldo started as striker vs roma

and the next game where benzema started as striker vs man city.

Perez is stupid, but not that stupid to sell benzema.

Cavani is awful if they sign him they might as well have kept Higuain after all these years. But then again they sacked Carlo for FSW so I don't know anymore :ph34r:

Meh I don't know how well he is/isn't playing, it was more of the whole 'big name' thing.

And yeah I agree lol. But they had to pick one or the other at that time, it's not like Benzema was a bad choice..

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You