Chelsea Sack Andre Villas-Boas

AVB just isn't helping himself with his choice of players. Contrast AVB with Ferguson who has built 4 or 5 different teams

What I love about Ferguson is his understanding of how to get the most out of ordinary players by playing systems that bring out their limited ability and by being able to motivate them to perform. Being able to have those players work within a team system that benefits all. He has an amazing understanding of the game, players and management

AVB failed to consider the type of playing staff he had, so has to date failed to develop a system that encompassed those players. Even failing to improve the players currently working with him. In all honesty it's worrying when a manager can't even have players performance improve in any shape or form even with the way we are playing. I fear that even a player like Mata will start to go backwards.

If AVB can't get anything more from these players then I'd start to worry because a manager has to have the ability to impart a fresh approach to a player by highlighting how they can continually improve. Unfortunately AVB has no idea about the strength and weaknesses of his playing staff, for if he did certain players would not make the team and others would improve with change. That has not happened.

This is what we should be worried about.............AVB understanding.

I slightly disagree with you. In MU nobody is bigger than sir alex (he sold beck and stam, because he did not like them) imagine if AVB come to Chelsea and sell lampard,terry and drogba in his first summer. So it is easier for him to motivate the player moreover since the first time I watched MU (yorke/cole/beck) era, MU always play 4-4-2 tactic based on their two great wingers and so for sir alex it's just a matter finding a player that fit into that system.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro-Quoted from the last ever Blackadder:

Edmund: You see, Baldrick, in order to prevent war at Stamford Bridge, two superblocs

developed: The high earning, prima donna players on one side, and the

manager and the board and guv'nor on the other. The idea was to have two

vast opposing armies, each acting as the other's deterrent. That way

there could never be a war.

Baldrick: But this is a sort of a war, isn't it, sir?

Edmund: Yes, that's right. You see, there was a tiny flaw in the plan.

George: What was that, sir?

Edmund: It was bollocks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sums it all up for me.

As a huge Blackadder fan, thats a :goodpost:

I never quite understood why people believed that Lampard, Terry and Drogba could make an effective subs easily .

Like Giggs and Scholes. But it is not the same. Because Scholes and Giggs, for example, are nothing more than SAF's and Man Utds servants. Hard workers. That is all they ever thought about themselves, and that is the attitude they have expressed during years.

On the other side, Frank, Drogba and Terry during our managers mary - go - round, were back bone of this team, the glue of this team, the most influental figures, holders of success and the most importantly half managers during some periods.

With their return we finished second season before.

And they probably thought they knew more about top football than AVB. They were in it more at the same age.

And yet this board believed AVB is an ideal person for benching them. If there weren't some things called team spirit, team atmosphere, team unity or manager's authority, and if those weren't relevant for result, it could actually work.

That doesn't make AVB a hell of a manager, but he's lost dressing room long before it was visible thanks to bad results. On the very beginning. With very few alternatives.

This squad and AVB were like a ship sentenced to struck a rock before it even sailed.

But ...overhaul of the squad is around the corner, and if things get really bad we will watch our reserves in Europa League. That's not nearly as bad as it seems.

The only gripe I have with AVB today is for starting with Meireles. Its clear he was tasked with a holding role that he's not suited to, and he failed at it miserably. Even Ramires is not suited for that.

The formation was good, but I wish he had gone with Romeu or Mikel in place of Meireles. Even Essien who's lacking fitness would have been a better choice.

EXCLUSIVE: Benitez in frame to replace AVB if Chelsea's stock continues to plummet

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2104001/Rafa-Benitez-replace-Andre-Villas-Boas-Chelsea.html

--

I know the Daily Fail can conjure up such fucking tripe, but if this turns out to be true, I will jump off a cliff.... quite literally!!

I would rather Allardyce than Rafa and im not even joking.

I'd rather my Grandma or Linda manage Chelsea than Rafa.. we've already had two personnel from Liverpool turn into complete flops at our club, I certainly don't want to see another one!

Posted this in the Napoli post match's thread but I'll just post it here as well. AVB's tactical approach and team selection has cost us yet another defeat. It's one thing players making errors but it's another when the manager decides to play no DM away from home in Europe in games like this and wants to play an open attacking football against one of the most potent strikeforce in Europe. Just absolutely ridiculous. Even at 1-0 up, we still attacked and was never ordered to adopt a similar approach to the Valencia game.

TBH, I really don't know what is this Roman's obssession with attacking football. Playing attacking football maybe pretty on the eyes but think for most fans, they want to see winning football. There are other way of going about attacking football than the style that AVB wants us to play. I really missed those days where we were solid, organized, physical, tactically sound and being a workmanlike team. Right now, everything is a shambles. We have a manager being totally clueless and stubborn. Players who don't suit AVB's style of play and not putting in enough effort.

Rumours say that he didn't play Lamps, Essien and Cole because of just an other row so his team was the best available... He is makin mistakes, right. But we all knew that it'll happen and that its gonna be a very very tough year.... He has been chosen for the revolution and he is the one who needs and deserves our Support... It's just unacceptable to kick him out... Surely it would be much easier and maybe it could safe our season but in longterm it would be just an other stepback...