Liverpool paving the way

Chelsea comes first and if we produce players that make the grade for England then great, but im not thrilled at the prospect of working our but off to help a team that 90% of the fans are pathetic jeerers of their own players.

I support England in any other sport but slowly but surely im loosing any care for the football national team its becoming more and more of a chore since Sven left and i honestly hope they get turned over in Sofia.

I think in every country you'll find fans jeering their national team when things do not go well.

I guess it's just me then, but I feel embarrassed at our lack to input into England's future. Right now there's not guarantees of retaining Bertrand as it is and McEachran's time won't come for a while. Sturridge should make it. But he may be a sole representative.

We've contributed the best centre back, left back & midfielder of this generation to England. Our follow up will be poor and below standards :(

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I dont care too much about international football.

In Brazil I want Palmeiras to have the best players available, I dont care if they are brazilian. Its a shame that only 3 foreign players are allowed to play in each team.

I'll truly worry when they sign Kun and/or Mata, not Jordan Henderson.

But you're right, they do look like a club with some actual planning and philosophy. Not sure if it's going to work but at least the blueprint is clear.

I'm a Torres fan and think the LFC owners screwed him over in a cynical way but they are serious sports owners unlike the previous regime. So I give them credit. I also find their preening embrace of "the Liverpool Way" to be really obvious but apparently it plays wonderfully to the LFC crowd.

LFC may do well next year but I think the whole Kenny will get them to play together as a team rah rah bit is slightly overblown. At the end of the day, you still need great players. And I'm not sure Liverpool has or will have a title winning team. They'll get some great wins off of adrenaline but like their recent history suggests, that's not enough over a league season.

Barcelona have great comraderie too. They also have the greatest player in the world, Spain's best ever player in Xavi and Spain's greatest scorer in Villa. And Iniesta too? The rest of the supporting cast would walk into just about any team. Gotta have the horses. Think Liverpool will have a good team next season, not sure if they'll be league winning one though. I suspect that it's unlikely the league winner will get less than 80 points next season.

Actually I dont care too much about international football.

In Brazil I want Palmeiras to have the best players available, I dont care if they are brazilian. Its a shame that only 3 foreign players are allowed to play in each team.

I agree about quality.

But these English lads are quality and I think we ignore them because we underestimate them, because in the PL you don't have individuals shining as much as in Spain, Italy, Brazil ect. It's more a team game here (not trying to criticise here)

Henderson is a quality central attacking midfield player, a Lampard replacement if used correctly. Ashley Young is a proven winger, world class if he played for us, better & cheaper than Alexis Sanchez.

I'm not english then I don't care about english players at all, even thought I think that its important to Chelsea has some important characters in the squad.

But Chelsea priority is to become world beaters, not to help English NT. Football is all about clubs, and football is entertainment, I dont like too much when people mix sports and nationalism.

Carroll, Ashley Young and Parker can help Chelsea to become world beaters, so they could join, but this Connor doesnt seem to be a future world class player.

I'm not English either but its important to have English players in the team, Its tradition really, and an English club should have English players, its as simple as that.

Parker won't come back, I don't rate Ashley Young that highly tbh and Andy Carroll went from being the 6th top scorer in the Championship to the 8th most expensive player in world football.

Conor Wickham doesn't seem to be World class? Exactly how many times have you seen him play?

I agree about quality.

But these English lads are quality and I think we ignore them because we underestimate them, because in the PL you don't have individuals shining as much as in Spain, Italy, Brazil ect. It's more a team game here (not trying to criticise here)

Henderson is a quality central attacking midfield player, a Lampard replacement if used correctly. Ashley Young is a proven winger, world class if he played for us, better & cheaper than Alexis Sanchez.

Also I think this name is awesome "Ashley Young", I think my son will be named Ashely Young, if its a daughter the name will suit anyway. lol

I think in every country you'll find fans jeering their national team when things do not go well.

I guess it's just me then, but I feel embarrassed at our lack to input into England's future. Right now there's not guarantees of retaining Bertrand as it is and McEachran's time won't come for a while. Sturridge should make it. But he may be a sole representative.

We've contributed the best centre back, left back & midfielder of this generation to England. Our follow up will be poor and below standards :(

Dont get me wrong im not saying i don't want us to have English players in the future, but if it came down to a choice Chelsea winning things with few English player or us finishing 4th-6th and winning the odd FA Cup with the majority of the squad English there is only one option ill go for.

England national team is a farce at this minute, im not gunna lie Chelsea are the team that choose me and the only team i have consistently had maximun passion for all my life, i grew up supporting England because i thought i should and i was as passionate as any-one in my early years and early teens, but Mclown and Cappello are slowly seeping out the passion and i aint the only person that has said that. I miss England under Sven big time atleast we competed with the best then and narrowly lost, not the humiliations we get these days, i said Capello was the wrong man for the job from the start and got laughed at, no-one's laughing now. Cappello has also thrown the captiancy around from pillar to post its taken the nostalgia of being England captain away.

The fact is in abroad its all about development, results don't start to matter until they break into the first team but in this country its win at all cost's from the age of 5, now you would think at the very worse this win at all cost's from the age of 5 would give near enough every English players a strong winning mentality but it don't, very few English players have that killer instinct the likes of Brazil, Argentina, France and now Spain have to win trophies which means there has to be something drastically wrong underneath.

The state of England football is pathetic when we go to major tournaments there should be 80-100 genuine candidates for a squad place instead it virtually picks itself, outside our first XL can you honestly say England's bench are good enough to even get into the B squad of top european country's let alone the first squad's? its embarrassing and something needs to change because the England National team are in decline and sinking FAST.

That aint Chelsea or any clubs fault, its poor coaching by youth team coaches IMHO.

Edited by Tomo-91

:lol: fair do's Henrique!

By the way Liverpool are also looking to sign Phil Jones. A player who embodies a young John Terry, with JT's mentoring he could be just like the legend. A future partner for David Luiz, if we gave him a chance.

That being said, I rate Nathan Chalobah as highly and will be amazing one day <-^ so that's ok :)

Dont get me wrong im not saying i don't want us to have English players in the future, but if it came down to a choice Chelsea winning things with few English player or us finishing 4th-6th and winning the odd FA Cup with the majority of the squad English there is only one option ill go for.

England national team is a farce at this minute, im not gunna lie Chelsea are the team that choose me i grew up supporting England because i thought i should and i was as passionate as any-one in my early years and early teens, but Mclown and Cappello are slowly seeping out the passion and i aint the only person that has said that. I miss England under Sven big time atleast we competed with the best then and narrowly lost, not the humiliations we get these days, i said Capello was the wrong man for the job from the start and got laughed at, no-one's laughing now. Cappello has also thrown the captiancy around from pillar to post its taken the nostalgia of being England captain away.

The fact is in abroad its all about development, results don't start to matter until they break into the first team but in this country its win at all cost's from the age of 7, now you would think at the very worse this win at all cost's from the age of 5 would give near enough every English players a strong winning mentality but it don't, very few Englishmen have that killer instinct the likes of Brazil, Argentina, France and now Spain have to win trophies which means there has to be something drastically wrong underneath.

The state of England football is pathetic when we go to major tournaments there should be 80-100 genuine candidates for a squad place instead it virtually picks itself, outside our first XL can you honestly say England's bench are good enough to even get into the B squad of top european country's let alone the first squad's? its embarrassing and something needs to change because the England National team are in decline and sinking FAST.

That aint Chelsea or any clubs fault, its poor coaching IMHO.

I agree with everything there Tomo!

It demonstrates my point that we should look to produce & sign quality English players regardless of the way they're being coached at the moment in that. Young, Henderson, Rodwell and co are great England prospects and even if England failed in big tournaments, as long as I knew they were representing England because they're the best in England, I'd be very happy indeed. Both as a Chelsea & England fan ;)

Really wish we'd go in for Phil Jones, he looks quality.

Definitely.

Have high hopes for Chalobah though. He's still 16, so needs a few more years, but with the right coaching he can be better than Jones is now :)

Guest justin_3d

I don't care about England neither!

And it does not bother Roman neither.

Besides nationals suck now. The best thing in the world is the CL. And we need to get the best team to win that no matter where you are from.

I agree with everything there Tomo!

It demonstrates my point that we should look to produce & sign quality English players regardless of the way they're being coached at the moment in that. Young, Henderson, Rodwell and co are great England prospects and even if England failed in big tournaments, as long as I knew they were representing England because they're the best in England, I'd be very happy indeed. Both as a Chelsea & England fan ;)

Definitely.

Have high hopes for Chalobah though. He's still 16, so needs a few more years, but with the right coaching he can be better than Jones is now :)

Chalobah will be massive i think, i may be alone but with the right coaching i reckon B.Clifford, McEachran and Chalabah could be our Busquets, Iniesta and Xavi, none of them properly broke into Barca till they were 20, we just need to have some fucking patience and faith and we could be pissing all over midfield's with these 3.

Chalobah will be massive i think, i may be alone but with the right coaching i reckon B.Clifford, McEachran and Chalabah could be our Busquets, Iniesta and Xavi, none of them properly broke into Barca till they were 20, we just need to have some fucking patience and faith and we could be pissing all over midfield's with these 3.

I agree.

The real challenge is, keeping all of these at the club & developing/integrating them well

they could be great. im scared for clifford's future tho. idk just how much the club rates him, but i hopes its high because he could be immense

the club obviously has high hopes for mceachran and chalobah tho. it seems they have made chalobah's development a high priority.

Josh McEchran...Remember The Name

Now Tell Me,,,,,,Do Liverpool have any who you can say can be a future England Star? They pay stupid money for Carrol and now for Henderson....cus they are English. I would rather pay 35m for Neymar than Carrol.