Liverpool paving the way

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being Australian I couldn't care less about Englishmen being on the team, but I do understand what you are saying it is umbecoming of the Club and the Nation, not to have Top Englishmen at a Top Club.

What I would like to see is more Australians like Tim Cahil in the EPL. Though to be perfectly honest I think he would be a perfect fit at Manchester United, I don't know why, but I think the style would suit him perfectly.

Forum. I talk to you in a half-tipsy state right now.. Drunk words, speak a truthful heart.

With news coming in Liverpool are finalizing a deal for future England star, Jordan Henderson, I find myself in awe. In awe of Liverpool Football Club, Kenny Dalglish & Steve Clarke. They are paving the way in English football by taking one of the best rising stars of English football, paying big money as a risk, and giving him his true chance in the top tier of English Football.

It makes me sad and angry at our club. While we chase the likes of Romelu Lukaku for £21million+addons, the likes of Andy Carroll were staring us blankly in the face as a future England #9. I don't care that they paid £35million for him. Good on them!

They could've bought some international star, who will stay 2-5 seasons then leave because it's just a job for him. But no!! They chose to invest in England! Because they know they have a duty as a top English club, to help the national team!

Their next target? England u18.. Connor Wickham. Our next target? Some international nobody.

Ridiculous forum.. Absolutly ridiculous.

When I saw the title I thought it was a reference to Bindipper Michael Shields smashing a paving slab on the head of that Bulgarian Waiter

LDN with all respect what were you drinking ? Whiskey with water from the Mersey ? You'll Never Walk Alone juice ?

I'm not sure Andy carroll is good enough to sustain an England spot -definitely dont think he's good enough for us. We have enough England Internationals, and I'm sure we will pick up replacements as they come to the end of their careers.

Full retraction of your red tinted views expected when you've sobered up :rant:

I want the best players playing for Chelsea first and foremost. Carol, Wickham and Henderson are good players but they aint gonna win them the league. I personally think Henderson is very much overrated anyway and 21m? ok have fun with that, i know Sunderland will.

Wasn't long ago we had almost half the England team. JT, Lamps, Parker, Johnson, Bridge and Joe Cole in the squad at the same time then Ashley Cole joined us so even when Parker and Johnson left, we had another one. And all our players get booed anyway. Chelsea comes first always for me although i want to see England do well in World Cups and Euro's, the last 2 were a disgrace. Didn't even qualify for Euro 2008 and i kinda wish we never qualified for that awful WC.

If i could get a couple of English players, i'd get Ashley Young and Jack Rodwell but i don't want us just getting English players for the sake of it. Look at Arsenal.... They don't give a shit. They've only had Walcott and Wilshere represent England in the last god knows how long and Walcott is NEVER England quality.

If a player is good enough, he'll make it to the National team regardless who he plays for as long as the standard is high. HE may need to drop down but if he's genuinely good, he'll come back up somewhere. And for a team like Chelsea to get Lukaku or Neymar, this will help Belgium and Brazil too so it's still good for football. Giving any youngster a chance in a European giant league is good for football, English, or anyone.

Edited by OllieCFC

Before we start raving about Liverpool and how "English" they are and are trying to be, lets remember that they only buy players that fit a certain criteria(this was said by the new owner Henry, they have to be the right age and have a large future sell on value). This is a template used by US sports teams (do any of the yanks on here know the name of it?).The cynic in me thinks that they can see how much established PL English players are worth in thier prime and they are looking to sell these players on when they reach that stage for a profit. I dont think they give a toss about the players...

Does anyone else think this??

If they are good enough i will happily see them wearing blue but tbh im not up for dropping a few league places just to get a better reputation in England.

Basically what you said.

I'm all for having a lot of english players, granted they are good enough !! And the fact is, english players are no longer good enough ! They are only few of them we can say they have a « world class » level, and there are only few young players who can become very good players.

So I won't admire and jealous Liverpool for having Henderson and Caroll. Henderson might become a good player, but if we want to beat team such as Barcelona, he wouldn't be a starting XI material.

.The cynic in me thinks that they can see how much established PL English players are worth in thier prime and they are looking to sell these players on when they reach that stage for a profit. I dont think they give a toss about the players...

Does anyone else think this??

When we realise that football clubs are businesses -the players are the companys display items, nothing else. So, no nothing wrong with being cynical about it Steve, thats the reality of it. Bread and Circuses, and it's all about making that particular brand, be it MUFC, Chelsea FC, Real Madrid, profitable.

:censored: .. Tell me I didn't :fainthv9:

My sincere apologies to all here at Talk Chelsea. Don't know what on earth I was thinking. Complimenting that thieving, living-in-their-past team?! I don't think so!

My sincere apologies to all here at Talk Chelsea. Don't know what on earth I was thinking. Complimenting that thieving, living-in-their-past team?! I don't think so!

Apologies accepted - your 'mates' obviously spiked your drinks with some kind of red serum, or you had a 24 hour scouse virus thing...

What's the point in buying English players if they aren't top talents?

English players should come through our academy...

I don't know why are you upset so much about Henderson.

Houghton, Chalobah, Bertrand, Terry all captains of their teams.

English media hypes their players so much, but in reality i can't see that much dominance on the field. For example, England U-21 is full of stars of tomorrow and will they get scrape out narrow wins, if that. What goes around, comes around, I guess.. The club doesn't have the obligation to bring through players, players have to come through, if they make it - great- if they dont, a new club. That's how it works and for an international club like Chelsea, having many international players isn't a bad thing.

In my opinion, best youth come from South-America, Balkan region.

:lol:

Governments should use this example to show how alcohol could be pestilante for human beings lol !

"don't drink alcohol, otherwise you will be caught complimenting the scouses."

English media hypes their players so much, but in reality i can't see that much dominance on the field. For example, England U-21 is full of stars of tomorrow and will they get scrape out narrow wins, if that. What goes around, comes around, I guess.. The club doesn't have the obligation to bring through players, players have to come through, if they make it - great- if they dont, a new club. That's how it works and for an international club like Chelsea, having many international players isn't a bad thing.

In my opinion, best youth come from South-America, Balkan region.

We are responsible for our young players. Young talent is all over the world.