Liverpool paving the way

We're not missing out. They've signed a striker and midfielder, big deal.

Sturridge and McEachran or Henderson and Carroll.

I know which pair I'd rather have.

they have ADDED to their squad ,,,we havent ...not even a manager ,,,Id rather have Daglish than Elmano

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're not missing out. They've signed a striker and midfielder, big deal.

Sturridge and McEachran or Henderson and Carroll.

I know which pair I'd rather have.

Indeed. Both Josh and Danny can make fools out of those 2...

they have ADDED to their squad ,,,we havent ...not even a manager ,,,Id rather have Daglish than Elmano

You are right they have added to their squad. Thing is though, they have added another mediocre player to a mediocre squad. Well done Liverpool :clap:

If we wanted Henderson or players of that calibre we could sign them in 10 minutes. Signing good players takes a little longer. Tthe transfer window doesn't officially open until the 1st of July!

You are right they have added to their squad. Thing is though, they have added another mediocre player to a mediocre squad. Well done Liverpool :clap:

If we wanted Henderson or players of that calibre we could sign them in 10 minutes. Signing good players takes a little longer. Tthe transfer window doesn't officially open until the 1st of July!

mock scumpool but I think you are seriously underestimating the threat they could pose

mock scumpool but I think you are seriously underestimating the threat they could pose

They're going to be a big threat for 4th. I'm aiming a little higher if the summer goes well.

There's enough time to make some good moves. I'll start panicking if we haven't improved the squad by August.

So no-one thinks we should be trying to provide for a healthy future England team? As an English football team?

That's makes me very sad..

Chelsea has a worldwide fan base. Being England's U21 would be bad for business. Having one or two is enough. You want us to have Nigel Reo-Coker?

They're going to be a big threat for 4th. I'm aiming a little higher if the summer goes well.

There's enough time to make some good moves. I'll start panicking if we haven't improved the squad by August.

two IFs in your statement. so i will add a third IF we have a manager in place by then ...btw their mediocre team did the double over us last year

It has opened.

I don't know we are apparently interested in Lukaku and De Bruyne, but we haven't done anything. And those two clubs aren't bigger than Sunderland.

I want quality at the club, whether that's English or otherwise. A club of our stature aims for potentially worlds class players while 'lesser' clubs who hold no such hope take the homegrown route because it keeps the fans happy. Henderson is good, Carroll is decent. But not ones we should be looking at.

Of course, an English club needs English representation *cough* Arsenal *cough* but I'd rather have that representation coming from the academy.

two IFs in your statement. so i will add a third IF we have a manager in place by then ...btw their mediocre team did the double over us last year

Well we were in a bad moment. -_-

It has opened.

I don't know we are apparently interested in Lukaku and De Bruyne, but we haven't done anything. And those two clubs aren't bigger than Sunderland.

Only on British transfers. European transfers open July 1st.

Chelsea has a worldwide fan base. Being England's U21 would be bad for business. Having one or two is enough. You want us to have Nigel Reo-Coker?

Most of the spanish national team making up the Barcelona squad hasn't been bad for business. Losing england posterboys like JT & Lamps, who communicate with the fans would be.

Most of the spanish national team making up the Barcelona squad hasn't been bad for business. Losing england posterboys like JT & Lamps, who communicate with the fans would be.

That's because la masia/spanish academy produces footballers while the English academy produces Athletes. English players from an early age are conditioned to play "kick and follow" footie therefore placing emphasis on fitness and tenacity rather skill and finnesse which has manifested in the England national team. It's gradually changing now though with skillful players like Sturridge, wilshere and Josh coming through.

England does lack talent, correct. But we still have good players we just need ones who will play together rather than having some from Chelsea some from man u and done from Liverpool or Tottenham or City. Do any of you people want to be an Arsenal? I know I don't. We should help England true, but we have. McEachran and hopefully Sturridge. Perhaps not enough, and we should definitely buy players like Ashley Young someone who we incredibly need. I don't think it's buying, I think it's mostly us giving Youth a chance. And that's what we should do in my opinion.

The ones who should help our national team are the FA.

Yes. If you really want a good England team in the future (none of this 'golden generation' nonsense), the youth and reserve teams of each club need to be playing a season's competitive football in a lower league a la Spain and Germany. No coincidence those two nations have the best youth around atm.

That's because they've been the faces of this club for a decade. I don't think England lacks young talent, I think there is a lack of opportunity for them. Any young English player that shows potential is either immediately snapped up by a club that then benches them and stunts their growth or the tabloid attention gets to them and they become too far gone, like the boys at West Ham a few years back. If Sturridge played regularly for Chelsea in PL and CL, we would learn how good he really is. If he is gifted, he'd hold his own, get goals and England would suddenly have a second world-class forward. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen very often because the financial risk is just too great.

As for Barcelona, that's just their ethos - they play Spanish players because that is who mostly comes through La Masia. They actually get a chance to prove themselves, unlike at Real Madrid, who are like us and buy whoever tickles the fancy of the higher-ups. Even then, Barca shops internationally on occasion (see Ibra, Mascherano, Afellay, etc.).

Being England's de facto national team is unrealistic because we won't win anything immediately and Chelsea has grown as a business because of international investment. The fan bases in the Americas, Asia, continental Europe, Africa and Australia/New Zealand couldn't care less about how many English players are in the side. That ship sailed when Roman came in.