Liverpool paving the way

Sorry, but for that price I rather Henderson + Carroll than Torres.

Torres for 50m was the stupidest thing Roman made since he bought the club.

I know that his price talk is getting boring, but you know...I'm not he one who came up with this at this time.

Not saying I condone for the £50million for Torres. But if Torres isn't worth that money, Henderson & Carroll aren't by a miles.. That's my point, not the actual money :)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I look upon this is how the club may see where we need strenghthening, so imho we need 4 players as it stands. Left & right wingers (preferably wiith pace) possibly a right back & for me a must, a playmaker/attacking midfielder. Now out of those positions the only player that I can think of that's English & worth a stab is Ashley Young who is right footed but plays on the left. Other than Young I cannot see any other players that are of top quality & available that are English in those said positions. So I believe we have no choice but to buy abroad for now, & Snieder top of my wish list. :smiliecap1: We didn't need Jones or Henderson as we have got better players in their positions.

I agree with tomo regarding our youth, we must have patience for them to mature. I been impressed with some of them, hopefully they will get more opportunitys this season, then all going well & these players impress, then it might open the door for other young players (hopefully English) to give them the confidence to step up to the plate.

I do think Liverpool will be fighting IN the top 4 next season, with Dalglish & Clarky at the helm & with some decent signings already on board, coupled with some very useful youngsters they will be a threat, as will City again, Arsenal will spend too, Man U are already going for it. We must not be left behind, 3 maybe 4 QUALITY players should do it & unfortunately LDN I cannot see them being English this time round.

unfortunately LDN I cannot see them being English this time round.

Agreed.

For now, the focus should be on good players. At the moment, with Lamps, JT, Ash, Sturridge and Josh there is no shortage of English talent in this Chelsea side.

• 3 months later...
Guest justin_3d

While i was looking for one of my favorite writer from the past few season, i came a long to one great article he just recently wrote.

And was pertaining to this revolution you been talking about.

It's a good read. So i had to post it here, in this old post.

I miss Alex Dimond analysis on Chelsea. :(

The new Liverpool FC

A revolution in red

September 3, 2011

http://soccernet.esp...verpool?cc=5901

While i was looking for one of my favorite writer from the past few season, i came a long to one great article he just recently wrote.

And was pertaining to this revolution you been talking about.

It's a good read. So i had to post it here, in this old post.

I miss Alex Dimond analysis on Chelsea. :(

I liked Dimond's articles as well.

After the loss to Inter two years ago, he was one of the few people in the media who believed that the Chelsea team wasn't as old and washed up like everyone else claimed, and that it could still challenge for the domestic honors, which it did eventually

With news coming in Liverpool are finalizing a deal for future England star, Jordan Henderson, I find myself in awe. In awe of Liverpool Football Club, Kenny Dalglish & Steve Clarke.

It makes me sad and angry at our club. While we chase the likes of Romelu Lukaku for £21million+addons, the likes of Andy Carroll were staring us blankly in the face as a future England #9. I don't care that they paid £35million for him. Good on them!

Their next target? England u18.. Connor Wickham. Our next target? Some international nobody.

Ridiculous forum.. Absolutly ridiculous.

Wow just reading this again, and i all i can say is.... thank god you were drunk :carlo::lol:

Do i want more players that orignate from England?

Yes!

Do i want them to be like Carrol and Henderson and over priced?

No!

Do i think that IF AvB decides to bring in some new home-land talent, he would bring in the right kind?

Yes!

There are a large number of options we could have bidded, as well as still.

Guest justin_3d

I liked Dimond's articles as well.

After the loss to Inter two years ago, he was one of the few people in the media who believed that the Chelsea team wasn't as old and washed up like everyone else claimed, and that it could still challenge for the domestic honors, which it did eventually

Yeah he is good.

He was even one of the few to talk sense into the signing of Ramires while a lot of people talk crap about him, and how expensive he was....

Ramires Signing Highlights Chelsea's Carefully Executed Plan

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/435446-ramires-signing-highlights-chelseas-carefully-executed-plan