Liverpool paving the way

Forum. I talk to you in a half-tipsy state right now.. Drunk words, speak a truthful heart.

With news coming in Liverpool are finalizing a deal for future England star, Jordan Henderson, I find myself in awe. In awe of Liverpool Football Club, Kenny Dalglish & Steve Clarke. They are paving the way in English football by taking one of the best rising stars of English football, paying big money as a risk, and giving him his true chance in the top tier of English Football.

It makes me sad and angry at our club. While we chase the likes of Romelu Lukaku for £21million+addons, the likes of Andy Carroll were staring us blankly in the face as a future England #9. I don't care that they paid £35million for him. Good on them!

They could've bought some international star, who will stay 2-5 seasons then leave because it's just a job for him. But no!! They chose to invest in England! Because they know they have a duty as a top English club, to help the national team!

Their next target? England u18.. Connor Wickham. Our next target? Some international nobody.

Ridiculous forum.. Absolutly ridiculous.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forum. I talk to you in a half-tipsy state right now.. Drunk words, speak a truthful heart.

With news coming in Liverpool are finalizing a deal for future England star, Jordan Henderson, I find myself in awe. In awe of Liverpool Football Club, Kenny Dalglish & Steve Clarke. They are paving the way in English football by taking one of the best rising stars of English football, paying big money as a risk, and giving him his true chance in the top tier of English Football.

It makes me sad and angry at our club. While we chase the likes of Romelu Lukaku for £21million+addons, the likes of Andy Carroll were staring us blankly in the face as a future England #9. I don't care that they paid £35million for him. Good on them!

They could've bought some international star, who will stay 2-5 seasons then leave because it's just a job for him. But no!! They chose to invest in England! Because they know they have a duty as a top English club, to help the national team!

Their next target? England u18.. Connor Wickham. Our next target? Some international nobody.

Ridiculous forum.. Absolutly ridiculous.

Hernandez (an international nobody) worked out for United, not to mention millions of other examples.

I see what you're saying though, i also want us to maintain our English backbone. We need other English players to replace JT, Lamps & Ash.

Hernandez (an international nobody) worked out for united, not to mention millions of other examples.

I see what your saying though, i also want us to maintain our English backbone. We need other English players to replaced JT, Lamps & Ash.

Yeah, exactly.

I'm not saying no to international signings, of course I welcome them, because of cases like Hernandez. But we must do more for England. Starting with Rodwell would be nice, but I don't see it in the club's immediate goals.

Im all for signing home grown players if there good enough but the harsh reality is most of them aren't.

Carroll is about as over-rated as they come, 6 good months at Newcastle and he's suddenly a £35m player? give it a break. Rohan Ricketts had a similar purple patch the season Bolton came up to the PL, ironically scored the same number of goals and the winner away to Arsenal, so why didn't Liverpool pay £35m for him. If we get Neymar for that or less i will laugh so hard as Liverpool. While were on Liverpool there no angels as far as English players is concerned, they had to sign Paul Konchesky and Brad Jones just to fill their homegrown quota last summer.

Would i take Jordan Henderson over whats on offer in europe? would i take Carroll over Neymar or Lukaku? Is Joe Hart as good as Cassilas, Cech and Buffon? the answer to all of them are a resounding no.

If they are good enough i will happily see them wearing blue but tbh im not up for dropping a few league places just to get a better reputation in England.

Its not as if we have no English players, we have England's captain at the heart of our defence.

And I completely disagree with the sentiment here, why do we need English players? If they are good enough we will buy them ( as we did with Sturridge) if they are not then we will buy from elsewhere, its about getting the best players, not filling the squad with English players to give the fans a false sense of patriotism.

Im delighted we signed David Luiz ahead of Gary Cahil,, thats has nothing to do with their respective nationalities but with their ability as footballers.

Considering Sunderland wanted 20M for Henderson and Liverpool got him for 13M and Ngog, I'd say they made out alright...considering the difference in valuation and actual payment. Whether or not he'll be very good, I'm too ignorant of the player to say.

On the other matter, Barcelona doesn't give a flying fig about supporting the national team. They just want to be the best club team in the world. And they are.

I'm not English so I don't share the obvious English flavor you do.

Do you think Roman's #1 priority is supporting England or making Chelsea FC the best they can be? Roman being Russian he may not share the same philosophy you do about Chelsea and the English flavor. Roman or whoever is in charge may not agree the English way is what is going to get him the elusive CL trophy.

Chelsea players, Terry, Lampard, Cole, regulary get picked and play for England, and they still get nothing but abuse from England non-Chelsea supporters. Their desire to play for their country has been rewarded with the consistent kick in the butt from the media. Chelsea and these players can't win.

I hate Liverpool with a passion ...have enjoyed laughing at them the last 3 years or so ...BUT now I am seriously worried about them .

1. Their owners ...our American members will vouch for how good these guys are

2 Daglish ...NO fool ...will get them playing or get rid of them .

3 They got 50 mill from us ,,Suarez looks good ...too early yet to write off Carrol.

4 THEY WILL be a serious threat next year

so mock them now before the season starts.

So no-one thinks we should be trying to provide for a healthy future England team? As an English football team?

That's makes me very sad..

Chelsea comes first and if we produce players that make the grade for England then great, but im not thrilled at the prospect of working our butt off to help a team that 90% of the fans are pathetic jeerers of their own players.

I support England in any other sport but slowly but surely im losing any care for the football national team its becoming more and more of a chore since Sven left and i honestly hope they get turned over in Sofia.

Edited by Tomo-91

Chelsea comes first and if we produce players that make the grade for England then great, but im not thrilled at the prospect of working our but off to help a team that 90% of the fans are pathetic jeerers of their own players.

I support England in any other sport but slowly but surely im loosing any care for the football national team its becoming more and more of a chore since Sven left and i honestly hope they get turned over in Sofia.

:goodpost: the national team are over rated and also under perform ....in 1966 they got LUCKY

I'm not english then I don't care about english players at all, even thought I think that its important to Chelsea has some important characters in the squad.

But Chelsea priority is to become world beaters, not to help English NT. Football is all about clubs, and football is entertainment, I dont like too much when people mix sports and nationalism.

Carroll, Ashley Young and Parker can help Chelsea to become world beaters, so they could join, but this Connor doesnt seem to be a future world class player.