The English Football Thread

Steve

He was the worst player on the pitch, couldn't pass the ball to save his life, couldn't even cause 35 year old Gallas any problems, he was in his pocket all day.

He's also the worst player for offsides I've ever seen in my life, he cannot stay onside for anything.

Benteke is a decent player, but he was awful that game, so stop trying to blame his performance on others, he was still the worst player there.

Actually Benteke caused 2 goals for Spurs with his shocking passing, just simple passes which lead to Spurs counter attack.

Good lord, man, I never suggested he wasn't poor against Chelsea I merely added that the entire team was atrocious and singling him out was absurd. When a team loses 8-0 and their goalkeeper was the MOTM for them then there's plenty of blame to go around.

Even in spite of that, he did have one intricate play late in the game versus Chelsea that did show quite a bit of class.

The lad ssut turned 22 a few weeks ago and for all of his "shocking" passing he's also had some brilliant top level play. Is he wasteful? Certainly. Does he make mistakes? Absolutely. Should he have more goals? Yes. He's only played 16 premierleague games so it's a bit premature to peg him.

That being said he's a raw and inconsistent yet immense talent and if Villla was a bit more developed he would have more opportunities.

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Funny that you typed that. The commentators for that match were constantly talkin' about how great this side is & how Stoke is over-achieving :huh: Man I am just amazed how l'puke has so many supporters in the Media. It's freakin' amazing. Even on the commercial breaks there are ads to buy the Series Being l'puke. I am like WTF? Did I not witness Greatness @ Camp Nou? I hear all this stuff about Da Messiah, but in his only encounter vs The Blues he is held in Check. Not only that, Supa Frank picked his pocket in one match to setup the winning goal.....Sorry for the rant. Just call me a red hata & a Blue Supporter :D

That's because of how good they where a long time ago, and a lot of people lived through that time.

Like most people my age support Arsenal, because when i was a kid Arsenal where the best team in England. Though i never liked them, once a blue always a blue.

That's because of how good they where a long time ago, and a lot of people lived through that time.

Like most people my age support Arsenal, because when i was a kid Arsenal where the best team in England. Though i never liked them, once a blue always a blue.

Yeah, but I live in the time & now. Also I am across the pond, but all I hear is about the greatness of l'puke. Ok I will blame Lebron & Henry for that bs ;)

"I was demonstrative but I was not out of order. The press have had a field day. The only person they have not spoken to is Barack Obama because he is busy.

"It is unfortunate but I am the manager of the most famous club in the world. Not Newcastle, a wee club in the north east.

"I was demonstrative. I am always demonstrative. Everyone knows that. I am an emotional guy. But I was not abusive.

"I shouted Mike over. We walked towards each other. I was only on (the pitch) three or four yards. That has been overplayed.

"The problem for me is that the profile of this club is huge.

"Alan Pardew has come out and criticised me. He is the worst at haranguing referees. He shoves them and makes a joke of it. How he can criticise me is unbelievable. He forgets the help I gave him, by the way."

What a grade A cunt you are, Rednose.. <_<

Fergie on Pardew: "He is the worst for haranging referees. His whole staff, every game. He was at it the whole game on Wed. He shoves a ref then makes a joke of it, then he's got the cheek to criticise me. It's unbelievable." Fergie says focus on spat with Dean is price of being at "most famous club in world" not a "wee club in the north-east like Newcastle"-Twitter

I always thought i should respect the old man but then he comes up with these statements and i feel 'what a dick'. Also had Jose said the same thing, he would be enemy no 1 right now accordIng to the English media. Bunch of hypocritical fucks.

And now everybody is talking about Fergie rather than his sides frail defence... it's little surprised Hes won so much.

Well until one can stop their scoring, the frail defense is irrelevant. I hate the fact that the refs are in their back pockets. They have some of the best refs on their payroll <_<

"I was demonstrative but I was not out of order. The press have had a field day. The only person they have not spoken to is Barack Obama because he is busy.

"It is unfortunate but I am the manager of the most famous club in the world. Not Newcastle, a wee club in the north east.

"I was demonstrative. I am always demonstrative. Everyone knows that. I am an emotional guy. But I was not abusive.

"I shouted Mike over. We walked towards each other. I was only on (the pitch) three or four yards. That has been overplayed.

"The problem for me is that the profile of this club is huge.

"Alan Pardew has come out and criticised me. He is the worst at haranguing referees. He shoves them and makes a joke of it. How he can criticise me is unbelievable. He forgets the help I gave him, by the way."

What a grade A cunt you are, Rednose.. <_<

Fergie on Pardew: "He is the worst for haranging referees. His whole staff, every game. He was at it the whole game on Wed. He shoves a ref then makes a joke of it, then he's got the cheek to criticise me. It's unbelievable." Fergie says focus on spat with Dean is price of being at "most famous club in world" not a "wee club in the north-east like Newcastle"-Twitter

I always thought i should respect the old man but then he comes up with these statements and i feel 'what a dick'. Also had Jose said the same thing, he would be enemy no 1 right now accordIng to the English media. Bunch of hypocritical fucks.

This is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Anyone on here except TX who still would prefer to see Manure win the PL if we don't ....I certainly prefer Mancini to Ferguson as a decent human

being compared to an absolute pig. I also prefer City fans to the glory hunting arrogant Manures.

I'm just fed up with teams bottling it against them. How many times have Man Utd been behind this season? How many did they lose? Bottlers. They're not a great team, just an extremely lucky and fortunate one. We'll get them at Old Trafford this year, i can sense it.

And now everybody is talking about Fergie rather than his sides frail defence... it's little surprised Hes won so much.

You got it ;)

He deflects criticism away from the players, paints a bullseye on himself and builds up rivalry...

The players now have to respond to this, and as history has proven, they usually do.

I wouldn't call it genius, but it's very effective for him and the team.

He's particularly motivated to reclaim the title this year, with a weakish squad (except attack) and is doing well. I certainly wouldn't mind the results they've dug out in recent weeks :)

Hope we win on Sunday though, hope you guys get 4th :)

You got it ;)

He deflects criticism away from the players, paints a bullseye on himself and builds up rivalry...

The players now have to respond to this, and as history has proven, they usually do.

I wouldn't call it genius, but it's very effective for him and the team.

He's particularly motivated to reclaim the title this year, with a weakish squad (except attack) and is doing well. I certainly wouldn't mind the results they've dug out in recent weeks :)

Hope we win on Sunday though, hope you guys get 4th :)

not quite correct ,,he does it to bully officials ,,,,not deflect criticism from his players that was Jose's trick .. Incidentally someone Fergie was afraid

to take on .

I'm just fed up with teams bottling it against them. How many times have Man Utd been behind this season? How many did they lose? Bottlers. They're not a great team, just an extremely lucky and fortunate one. We'll get them at Old Trafford this year, i can sense it.

It's been too consistent for too long to be luck. Yes they get decisions, but they put themselves in the place to get the decisions.

They just have a belief they will win and usually do. That stems from the Manager down and is the whole Ethos at Utd.

I really can't stand them, but I do admire this winning mentality and would love a few bottles of it distributed to our players :)

Tell me about it, I remember watching and being a huge Aston V, So'ton, City, N'castle and so on fan and then getting disappointed in the end because those fucks won near the end of the game, The problem is that even though they have a lousy defence, they always find ways to be aggressive in attack, I remember Everton being very good at neutralising them though. I'll always support any team playing against them, and I'll be a huge Baggies fan come tomorrow, and I agree, I have a feeling we'll thrash them at their Toilet, a 0-5 isn't impossible IMO.

I think it is luck. I know they do it a lot but look at Ameobi's shot against the inside of the post and their 2nd goal against Villa was an OG. They would've lost both if they hadn't got those bits of luck. Their winning goal against Newcastle was just a hopeful ball that wasn't well defended at all. Watching MOTD and seeing that Sammy Ameobi's shot his the post nearly made me cry. And if Man Utd don't get a last second winner, the ref just adds on another 2 minutes like the City game 3 seasons ago.

Hate to say this, but if Lukaku scores a winner against Utd, he'll become more important to our team than Torres, and that's without even playing for us. Imagine this: Fergie time, corner kick for WBA, De Gea doesn't know what he's doing, far post header aaaaaaaaaaaand it's in! Ooooh I can feel it in my balls.