Daniele de Rossi

the wes

Take it with a pinch of salt. He already said in the summer he won't be leaving Roma and if he does, he will make it public himself. And besides, the media are just gonna throw our name in almost every time when a player is rumoured to be available.

Mate im the last one to believe what the press says, just wanted to hear what u guys think of him coming here :D

i would like him here, Reminds me of Ballack :wub:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate im the last one to believe what the press says, just wanted to hear what u guys think of him coming here :D

He held a press conference back then specifically to talk about his future and he said what I mentioned in the last post.

Would've loved to have him a few years ago but he's already 29 years old. I know he still has a lot to give, but personally I like this new transfer policy with buying younger players to groom together. So if he would be available for a relatively low amount (which he isn't) then maybe, but otherwise a definite no for me.

I think he'd be great but I don't think Chelsea will go for it. Our policy of buying new players is generally good, but also a bit silly if it's a rule. Older players are invariably much cheaper to buy so the risk is much lower. The best transfer values are almost always players in their mid to late 20's. (Michu, Cazorla, Demba Ba, etc...) and these players still offer a number of good years.

The best transfer values are almost always players in their mid to late 20's. (Michu, Cazorla, Demba Ba, etc...) and these players still offer a number of good years.

Eh that's really not true at all, not that your examples haven't been great value but a player like Cazorla while no doubt being great right now won't really have much of a re sale value, Then we can also put lots of examples of young players bought for peanuts and then sold for huge money.

De Rossi is great, but will probably be really expensive if he can even be convinced to leave Roma, so I say no thanks and lets focus on Romeu, Mikel and get in another young central midfielder.

Eh that's really not true at all, not that your examples haven't been great value but a player like Cazorla while no doubt being great right now won't really have much of a re sale value, Then we can also put lots of examples of young players bought for peanuts and then sold for huge money.

De Rossi is great, but will probably be really expensive if he can even be convinced to leave Roma, so I say no thanks and lets focus on Romeu, Mikel and get in another young central midfielder.

I get your point mate, but Chelsea is not a selling club. We only sell players that does not offer much on the pitch anymore. The only player I see beeing huge after leaving CFC is Robben, and he is our biggest sale.

Unlike some other team....hmmmm.....a Small London Club....hmmm, oh yeah, ARSE.

Top clubs don't buy players for re-sale value. Even a team like Arsenal who is very willing to sell players doesn't buy someone because they think they can flip them for a profit. They bought Cazorla because Cazorla can help them win and he was excellent value. I'm not saying we have to go go for De Rossi, none of us know how much he would cost and therefore none of us know whether he'd be good value or not, just that only buying young players means that you are going to have to spend a lot more money.

Ah I see. Well I still believe he's better off at Roma to be honest. That being said, I haven't seen much of him (except on Fifa) which might influence that comment :lol:

He wants to finish his career at Roma, wants to be remembered by the fans like their current legend Totti...hence why he declined a transfer to Manchester City in the most recent transfer window.

He's a dirty cunt from that crop of a few years ago with Cassano, Mexes, Dacourt etc, horrible bunch of thugs. I wouldn't mind him here but he's not a likeable person. Could replace Essien. Suppose he's got 3 good years left but if he wants to stay with Roma for life, this thread is rather pointless.

I think he'd be great but I don't think Chelsea will go for it. Our policy of buying new players is generally good, but also a bit silly if it's a rule. Older players are invariably much cheaper to buy so the risk is much lower. The best transfer values are almost always players in their mid to late 20's. (Michu, Cazorla, Demba Ba, etc...) and these players still offer a number of good years.

This is true in most circumstances but you will still get times when a player is very important to his club and as a result will still command a large transfer fee. I think this is one of those circumstances. Roma will not let him go for cheap and his wages will also be rather tasty I would expect.

I do agree though that the club needs to ensure they have the right blend at the club. We cannot afford for all of our older players to move on in the next year or so and lose all of that experience without replacing it. It doesn't have to be players of 30 years or older as you said, there can be a lot of value buying players at the ages between 27-30 and we should not as a club ignore such opportunities if they arise.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You