Daniele de Rossi

the wes

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about one of Lars Bender or Sven Bender. Both aged 24 (being twins B)) but my preference would be Lars. His release clause is 12 million and I the more think about it the more I'd love for it to happen. Still you can't say no to De Rossi and I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Batshit crazy at times. High maintenance for a player who at his age is supposed to bring experience. No thanks. Rather give Chalobah a chance.

But that's the thing, Chalobah is still only 18 years old and perhaps needs some more experience before coming back to Chelsea. If we now bought a player who's 25 and nearing his peak, the chances of Nathaniel ever making it at Chelsea would decrease significantly but an experienced player who's still got at least another two or three seasons in him at the very highest level wouldn't hurt Chalobah's chances at all. Win-win situtation for everyone, we'd get one of the best midfielders out there for a couple of years and it would make for a relatively easy transition if we simply replaced him with Chalobah when the time's right.

If what @Leif said is true, there's a real chance De Rossi will leave this summer and there aren't that many clubs out there who need him so if we got Mourinho as manager we could easily attract De Rossi to the club as well, I'm sure they'd love to work together. Anything below 20m would be a great price.

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

De Rossi both harkens back to the old rough and tumble days of Serie A and pioneers fashion. I'm not sure what type of statement he is making with one long sleeve, one short but I do know what type of player he is. He has balls and mettle. Grit, nails and teeth sums up this man; he is prone to snaps of poor decision making but on thte whole he brings an extreme level of physicality this team lacks. He isn't the strongest nor the most physical but he is the bravest and most aggressive. He embodies what a Defensive Midfielder should be, unlike Mikel who unfortunately seems torn between being two different players. Mikel much like Anderson of ManUtd infamy is a convert from Attacking Midfield to the deep midfield areas (CM, DM). It is unfortunate because now both struggle in both positions because they have the instincts and natures found in both positions; and this makes a poor combination. Their natural AM skills are in conflict with their nurtured CM/DM skills. Fortunatly De Rossi hasn't this problem and is a true blue through and through DM.

He's such a fighter on the field and always uses his body to block shots, giving his all for his team.

He reminds me of a Roman Gladiator.

Some say he's too 'rough' but I think they're pussies, no offence. You need at least one tough guy in your team these days IMO. De Rossi is like an actual talented version of Roy Keane.

He's so passionate. Look at 0:46 in this vid. I love it.

De Rossi has underrated passing you know. If we sign him we don't need a playmaker to play alongside him and dictate tempo from deep. He's capable enough to send accurate long-balls forward and would get the ball to our attacking midfielders easily enough.

This means that paired beside him we could have another defensive midfielder to offer even more defensive stability or possibly a run-run-run player such as Ramires to help out in every aspect. So that's some money saved.

He's also a player who's actually gotten better with age and like Pirlo, despite De Rossi relying on his agility + stamina a bit more, can probably play at the top level until he's 34-35 years old.

And why wouldn't you want someone with such a badass tattoo in your team?!

DeRossi_1532699a.jpg

ANDDDDD he has a beard only rivalled by Xabi Alonso, Pirlo and Nocerino!!!!!

Remember when people were saying Pirlo would be too old? :rolleyes:

Italians are like fine wine as they get better with age. De Rossi has never been a pace demon but still has the energy and determination he had as a youngster. That, plus his no-nonsense tackling, great interceptions + positioning and decent shooting from distance makes me question how anyone wouldn't want him here!

He'd also bring experience, physical strength and a strong mental toughness to our squad which is desperately needed.

He's also played very well in central defence for Italy as a ball-playing centre-back and has one of the world's best beards.

Hes got even better since the 2006 World Cup where he was about 23 or 24. He was one of Italy's stand out players in the Euros along with Pirlo and Balotelli. His performance vs Spain in the group stages is one of the best individual defensive performances I've seen. He was so good, Cesc hardly got a sniff when playing as false 9. He stepped up when he had to, made vital blocks and interceptions and also distributed the ball very well! Perhaps he'll eventually slot into CB for Roma or us if he signs?

De Rossi is too cool for skool and plays like the Mafia have his family hostage every game and their lives depend on weather Roma win or not.

A proper DM.

Would love this to happen, and a proper Mourinho signing. I think we're a midfielder and striker at their peak away from dominating again.

I said in a previous thread if we buy Rooney and De Rossi (combined potentially a lot cheaper than Cavani or Falcao on their own) alongside a couple of young talents and possibly a couple out on loan coming back and that will be an excellent summer.

De Rossi is too cool for skool and plays like the Mafia have his family hostage every game and their lives depend on weather Roma win or not.

A proper DM.

Takes no prisoners. The tattoo on his leg is priceless.

De-Rossi-Tattoo.jpg

Anyone know if he'd actually leave Roma ?

His relationship with Zemen was very odd but isn't the AC Milan coach not taking over at Roma? Depends as well if he wants another challenge so to speak. He apparently said he'd leave if it helped Roma financially too a year or so ago.

would absolutely love him here. IMO age will not affect him that much, many DMs have their best times in their 30ies, especially comabtive players who rather rely on their experience than on their physical attributes. He would really like it in the EPL, hope he speaks English already. He can tackle and pass as good as anyone. With him we would have a proper DM who could play alongside anyone. IMO our problem in midfield has rather been a lack of protection than a lack of creativity. We got Mazacar+Lamps for that. We do not need an extra DLP when we have them+de Rossi, who also can play a good pass. De Rossi is a complete double pivot on his own. He will not cost that much, no other signing in midfield would be needed, he would not impede the progress of Chalobah

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You