Daniele de Rossi

the wes

Chelsea have offered €12m for AS Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi. PSG and Manchester City also interested (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Right...because purchasing a 30 year old goes in line with the club's policy right now. Looks like a BS story.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right...because purchasing a 30 year old goes in line with the club's policy right now. Looks like a BS story.

Possibility Mourinho wants him maybe? I think their was a few rumors about him being interested in him when he first went to Madrid but I don't know how truthful they ewre.

We purchased Deco when he was 30.. but I think De Rossi would have a much bigger impact.

We purchased Deco when he was 30.. but I think De Rossi would have a much bigger impact.

Did say it doesn't go in line with the club's policy right now. We are currently on a buying young talented players spree and purchasing De Rossi, who is 30 years old, wouldn't make sense if that is anything to go by.

Would be a great signing, I think last night showed how weak we are in defensive midfield at least in terms of numbers. See no issue with signing a 30 year old, as long as we mostly stick to buying young players.

De Rossi is always linked with a move away though, but always stays at Roma, I cant see him moving

Remember when people were saying Pirlo would be too old? :rolleyes:

Italians are like fine wine as they get better with age. De Rossi has never been a pace demon but still has the energy and determination he had as a youngster. That, plus his no-nonsense tackling, great interceptions + positioning and decent shooting from distance makes me question how anyone wouldn't want him here!

He'd also bring experience, physical strength and a strong mental toughness to our squad which is desperately needed.

He's also played very well in central defence for Italy as a ball-playing centre-back and has one of the world's best beards.

Just did some research :ph34r:

Apparently Roma fans are split. Some feel it's time to let him go so that Bradley/Florenzi etc. can start to flourish in their midfield as De Rossi is getting on in age (and has experienced a dip in form) and they need all the money they can get, while others feel that once they get in a stable manager he'll revert to his top midfielder status like Totti has been able to in his position.

The guys saying they want him gone also add that he'll probably return to good form at another club. It's not really being said he's no longer a good player or anything.

Also on numerous Italian websites, forums and the likes, it does indeed look like he will in fact be leaving; this isn't just a 'rumour'. This is a big concrete proposed transfer in my mind.

I very much doubt this will happen, he's 30!

Before anyone mentions Pirlo (people just love to throw his name as if there are thousands of Pirlo's walking down the street!) De Rossi's whole game is based on his physical attributes so at 30, he's only going downhill from here. I also have my doubts that his old school style fits the EPL now. He'd probably spend half the season suspended.

I very much doubt this will happen, he's 30!

Before anyone mentions Pirlo (people just love to throw his name as if there are thousands of Pirlo's walking down the street!) De Rossi's whole game is based on his physical attributes so at 30, he's only going downhill from here. I also have my doubts that his old school style fits the EPL now. He'd probably spend half the season suspended.

The thing which declines most with age is dynamism rather than physicality and dynamism has never been a prominent part of De Rossi's game. He's probably still got a good 2-3 years left in him

The thing which declines most with age is dynamism rather than physicality and dynamism has never been a prominent part of De Rossi's game. He's probably still got a good 2-3 years left in him

But no where near the level he used to play at. Even this season he has not been nearly as good as he were last season or the one before.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You