Daniele de Rossi

the wes

I see your point. The bold parts, make a lot of sense now that I look upon it. Perhaps you are right then.. However if we cannot land De Rossi, how about Fernando of Porto (the link will come eventually, I have no doubt about that :lol: )

I dont think Fernando is that a quality player. He's not the solution.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree that our foremost priority should be a winger and creative midfielder, which i believe will be addressed by AVB. But adding another MF is still vital if Essien is out for a substantial time, Because if one of Ramires or Mikel goes down with a serious injury next season then we will be in crisis mode.

I really don't think Lampard, Ramires, Mikel, Josh, and Creative MF is enough for next year campaign. We need further reinforcement and buy a cheap MF right now then significantly overpay for similar in a quality player in January.

I don't see the point of having another Maniche or Jiri Jarosik type short term signing. Essien is out for 6 months not the entire season.

To address your concern, we have Yossi, Malouda and Zhirkov who can all slot into the midfield should need be. Also keeping the squad rules in mind we can only have 25 players, we seem to have all our foreign player spots filled so we'll only buy incase one of them leaves.

I'm more concerned about the African Cup of Nations, but given Essien should be back in 6 months time, he should be back a month before ACN and I hope common sense will prevail and he doesn't go there.

Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini has confirmed Daniele De Rossi will be offered a new contract.

De Rossi, 27, has just one year remaining on his contract and has been linked with a move to Chelsea as a replacement for the injured Michael Essien.

However, Sabatini remains optimistic that De Rossi will extend his contract with his hometown club.

"We are working with the maximum calmness," he said. "I have spoken to Daniele. We will speak to his agent and we will make an offer."

De Rossi suggested that he had become disillusioned with life at the club in March, although there have since been huge changes.

Source: ESPN

Published: 13th July

nice player better than montolivo would be a good addition young and good potential would be a superb deal for around 15 Millions... should be a good cover for Mikel so we only need another one to cover for Ramy...

hope he dosen't sign a new contract

Why does everyone say time to lock thread, he has one year on his contract and he's apparently unhappy so this is far from over.

I agree. imo a thread should not be locked till something official happens, how many times have clubs said someone is not for sale, and still sold him? whistling.gif

Why does everyone say time to lock thread, he has one year on his contract and he's apparently unhappy so this is far from over.

I agree with the first part.

As for De Rossi being unhappy. He said that back in March. Since then they've undergone a bit of a makeover. New owners, new manager, new signings have all made a positive impact at Roma. Luis Enrique will excite their fans quite a bit and might be critical in De Rossi staying.. It is his hometown club remember.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You