Daniele de Rossi

the wes

I thought Pizzarro was the box-to-box? But yeah, didn't realise his age. If De Rossi is box-to-box, then I'd be all for it, providing it's on a low wage & transfer fee. Because he's not vital when we've got Mikel & Ramires to fill in for Ess, should we need it.

De Rossi is not a bit-part player, that's why I turn my nose up at the idea of him joining. Ramires and Mikel already do a fine job replacing Essien. Ramires has the speed, Mikel has the strength.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

De Rossi is not a bit-part player, that's why I turn my nose up at the idea of him joining. Ramires and Mikel already do a fine job replacing Essien. Ramires has the speed, Mikel has the strength.

Yeah, then there's no point in wasting the money at a player that we don't really need when we've got other positions that need filling. As far as the defensive side of midfield goes, we've got enough players to keep that part of the pitch occupied.

Yeah, then there's no point in wasting the money at a player that we don't really need when we've got other positions that need filling. As far as the defensive side of midfield goes, we've got enough players to keep that part of the pitch occupied.

Do we really have enough depth to say De Rossi is not needed?

Do we really have enough depth to say De Rossi is not needed?

For the moment, yes.

If the worst case scenario is true, that Ess will miss certainly most the action, then I think Ramires & Mikel can certainly step up. Not to mention on top of that we'll have Josh making some more cameo appearances. I'm not saying he's going to be important, but he will give us something extra should we bring him on.

Until we get the other positions filled such as winger & attacking midfield player, we shouldn't need a box-to-box player yet. Remember, despite the horrific campaign last season, we still had a very good defensive record compared to our rivals. Problems were not in defence, it was in attack.

He could end up like Yaya Toure and be a fantastic AM after years of being CDM/CM. It would be hilario if he scored 20+ like Super Lamps.

But saying that I don't want him to kick McEachren out of the squad.

Also, it would be nice seeing him on the cover of the Italian Fifa 12 wearing a Chelsea shirt.

For the moment, yes.

If the worst case scenario is true, that Ess will miss certainly most the action, then I think Ramires & Mikel can certainly step up. Not to mention on top of that we'll have Josh making some more cameo appearances. I'm not saying he's going to be important, but he will give us something extra should we bring him on.

Until we get the other positions filled such as winger & attacking midfield player, we shouldn't need a box-to-box player yet. Remember, despite the horrific campaign last season, we still had a very good defensive record compared to our rivals. Problems were not in defence, it was in attack.

I do agree that our foremost priority should be a winger and creative midfielder, which i believe will be addressed by AVB. But adding another MF is still vital if Essien is out for a substantial time, Because if one of Ramires or Mikel goes down with a serious injury next season then we will be in crisis mode.

I really don't think Lampard, Ramires, Mikel, Josh, and Creative MF is enough for next year campaign. We need further reinforcement and buy a cheap MF right now then significantly overpay for similar in a quality player in January.

I do agree that our foremost priority should be a winger and creative midfielder, which i believe will be addressed by AVB. But adding another MF is still vital if Essien is out for a substantial time, Because if one of Ramires or Mikel goes down with a serious injury next season then we will be in crisis mode.

I really don't think Lampard, Ramires, Mikel, Josh, and Creative MF is enough for next year campaign. We need further reinforcement and buy a cheap MF right now then significantly overpay for similar in a quality player in January.

This I will agree with.

It really will depend on the extent of Essien's injury. De Rossi wouldn't be ideal cover though. I'd rather see us linked with Tiote of Newcastle. Though his disciplinary record lets him down.

Injury history

season 10/11: from 18.11.2010 to 25.11.2010 (Unknown Injury)

season 10/11: from 11.10.2010 to 28.10.2010 (Calf Problems)

season 10/11: from 19.09.2010 to 24.09.2010 (Contusion)

Do you see this? Only 32 days of injury time in last 10 years. He is amazing!

Injury history

season 10/11: from 18.11.2010 to 25.11.2010 (Unknown Injury)

season 10/11: from 11.10.2010 to 28.10.2010 (Calf Problems)

season 10/11: from 19.09.2010 to 24.09.2010 (Contusion)

Do you see this? Only 32 days of injury time in last 10 years. He is amazing!

All 32 days in last season, however. :whistling:

For the moment, yes.

You really think that a midfield of Ramirez, Mikel and Lampard/Modrich/Whatever, will get us to what we want? do you think its enough for CL glory even?

If Essien is really out for most of the season(And lets wait and see, ah? people act like the club release a statment already...), I think we HAVE to get a player

like De Rossi. Mikel was able to fill out Essien's place in the past, but he had Ballack around him. now we have Remirez, and as far as I really like this guy and I think

he is a great midfielder, he is not yet have that character to lead the midfield, and Mikel doesn't have it either. Those two need a Essien/Ballack type of player

next to them if we want to reach somewhere. De Rossi is that type of player, no doubt.

When I heard of Essien's injury I said we are fucked. Because the only proven midfielder that can replace him is that guy, and Roma will not let him go so fast.

I dont think he will want to go actually.

You really think that a midfield of Ramirez, Mikel and Lampard/Modrich/Whatever, will get us to what we want? do you think its enough for CL glory even?

If Essien is really out for most of the season(And lets wait and see, ah? people act like the club release a statment already...), I think we HAVE to get a player

like De Rossi. Mikel was able to fill out Essien's place in the past, but he had Ballack around him. now we have Remirez, and as far as I really like this guy and I think

he is a great midfielder, he is not yet have that character to lead the midfield, and Mikel doesn't have it either. Those two need a Essien/Ballack type of player

next to them if we want to reach somewhere. De Rossi is that type of player, no doubt.

When I heard of Essien's injury I said we are fucked. Because the only proven midfielder that can replace him is that guy, and Roma will not let him go so fast.

I dont think he will want to go actually.

I see your point. The bold parts, make a lot of sense now that I look upon it. Perhaps you are right then.. However if we cannot land De Rossi, how about Fernando of Porto (the link will come eventually, I have no doubt about that :lol: )

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You