test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NikkiCFC

Declan Rice

Started by NikkiCFC,

324 posts in this topic

Stay away. At this point we actually need players with more experience; We could almost play our starting XI in a U23 league lol 

1 hour ago, DANILA said:

Stay away. At this point we actually need players with more experience; We could almost play our starting XI in a U23 league lol 

Yeah thats true, but thats because we are building for the future, once we add a few more players in and they gel and click then we are rolling.

The club will try to go for Rice again in January, according to The Athletic...

https://theathletic.com/2173219/?source=twitteruk

Chelsea are hoping Declan Rice will ignore any efforts by West Ham to convince him to sign a new contract because they are planning to make another attempt to sign him in January, writes Simon Johnson.

Rice was wanted by Chelsea in the last transfer window, but the west London club never made an official bid because they were unable to sell the players required to raise the extra funds.

Chelsea spent in excess of £200 million on Hakim Ziyech, Kai Havertz, Timo Werner, Ben Chilwell and Edouard Mendy, while Thiago Silva joined as a free agent.

Due to the size of that outlay, Chelsea didn’t have the cash to buy Rice as well, especially as West Ham manager David Moyes warned it would take “Bank of England” money for any deal to happen.

The Athletic understands that two permanent transfers of first-team squad players had been put in place which would have brought in enough capital to allow Chelsea to make an offer for Rice. But both fell through days before the October 5 deadline so things were put on hold.

Rice has been in fine form this season and West Ham are concerned Chelsea’s interest has not gone away.

The 21-year-old, who has already made 106 Premier League appearances, has a contract at the London Stadium until 2024, but West Ham want to discuss fresh terms and offer a significant pay rise to ensure he stays.

It will still be difficult for Chelsea to sign Rice in the new year, especially as West Ham have made a promising start to the campaign. But they believe the England international, who would be eligible to play for them in the Champions League, should they reach the knockout phase, can be convinced to make the switch should a fee be agreed. Outgoings could once again be an important factor.

As The Athletic revealed in September, coach Frank Lampard wants Rice to be the first-choice holding midfielder as well as a possible option at centre-back. N’Golo Kante started in the holding role in Saturday’s 3-0 win at Burnley but is not seen as a long-term option in that position. Lampard sees the former Leicester man as either the more adventurous central midfielder in a two or on the right of a three.

Vesper likes this

Yes please. 

Lampard is building a good team. 

Regardless if in the future he leaves the club, he is doing an amazing job of building the squad with these buys. Much better then Conte, Sarri, Mourinho Mark 2. 

0007 likes this

If Rice comes, we need to sell Ampadu. Would be a waste of his time to be at this club

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

If Rice comes, we need to sell Ampadu. Would be a waste of his time to be at this club

Not sure. He can be a good no.2 plus a 3rd/4th choice CB.

If we get rice we will have Rice, kante, Kovacic, ampadu, gilmour, Gallagher, mount, Kai, barkley, rlc, jorginho as the mid options. 

FL will need to make some really tough decisions on whom to sell and keep

If we get rice we will have Rice, kante, Kovacic, ampadu, gilmour, Gallagher, mount, Kai, barkley, rlc, jorginho as the mid options. 
I don't rate him as a CB from what I have seen. Only in a back three, he might have a chance in my opinion.
As a DM, I rate him highly.

4 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

Those numbers are insane. I would say if Rice is signed it will be curtains for: Barkley, Jorgi, Kova/Kante and Gallagher (who I could see being sold with a buy back.) That would give: Kante/Kova, Rice, Ampadu, Kai, Mount, RLC and Gilmour, which is still 7 players for essentially 3 roles. Although as Rice and Amapdu can moonlight in CB it would maybe not be too bad. 

The problem however, like Summer, would be finding buyers. Gallagher in this situation would probably not be too much of an issue as in my above suggestion he would essentially be a glorified loan. Barkley would probably be easy to shift due to his passport and okish form for Villa (although I wouldn't expect top dollar.) Kante/Kova and Jorgi would be issues due to their style or play, wages and fees.

35 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Those numbers are insane. I would say if Rice is signed it will be curtains for: Barkley, Jorgi, Kova/Kante and Gallagher (who I could see being sold with a buy back.) That would give: Kante/Kova, Rice, Ampadu, Kai, Mount, RLC and Gilmour, which is still 7 players for essentially 3 roles. Although as Rice and Amapdu can moonlight in CB it would maybe not be too bad. 

The problem however, like Summer, would be finding buyers. Gallagher in this situation would probably not be too much of an issue as in my above suggestion he would essentially be a glorified loan. Barkley would probably be easy to shift due to his passport and okish form for Villa (although I wouldn't expect top dollar.) Kante/Kova and Jorgi would be issues due to their style or play, wages and fees.

You keep RLC over any other player? 

He is last in the packing order by far. 

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

You keep RLC over any other player? 

He is last in the packing order by far. 

Well I think his insane contract keeps him here. Another factor is that I have been told by someone that knows of him that he is a bit of a homeboy/Mummas boy. That is why he never went on loan until he was 21 and when he has gone he has had to stay in South/West London. 

Further, if we do switch to 433 with Mount and Kai as our starters (which is the formation and selections that make most sense) we need a back up No.8. That means Barkley or RLC. If you've seen my posts on RLC you'll see I have been calling him out for a long time but I think he is almost impossible to shift in the medium term.

My CM squad would look like: 

No.4 - Rice, Amapdu, Gilmour

No.6 Mount, Kante/Kova, Gilmour

No.8 - Kai, RLC

9 hours ago, King Kante said:

How does signing of Rice impact Gallagher ... He is more of a box-to-box/Attacking MF who will compete with Havertz, Mount, RLC. If he comes good with the current loan and I feel he will be send for one more season. But having Rice wouldnt affect him at all. 

9 hours ago, King Kante said:

Its true. And this is not even counting the likes of Bakayoko, DD.

But I dont think signing RIce impact Gallagher. He seems to be a B2B with direct competition with Mount. Personally, Jorginho should be the first one out. Has no place in any team in the PL. Serie A is a very different league and he may dominate games there, but not in the PL. Kante vs Kova is a strange one. Kante has shown he is still the man, but only when fit. take into other things like Age, then it becomes obvious who we need to sell. On the other hand, Kova is so.... irritating. You can see a WC player in there, somewhere, but he performs like someone playing within themselves. I mean given how Gallagher has perfomed, what are the arguments that he cant replicate his output and his other qualities.

I would have a midfield options of

Kai/Mount Rice/Gilmour/Ampadu Mount/Gallagher/RLC

Rice, Ampadu have shown they can be good pivot players too.

14 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

How does signing of Rice impact Gallagher ... He is more of a box-to-box/Attacking MF who will compete with Havertz, Mount, RLC. If he comes good with the current loan and I feel he will be send for one more season. But having Rice wouldnt affect him at all. 

I think with Gallagher it is more a case of players ahead of him and the complicated nature of shifting high earners. For me, he isn't getting ahead of Mount and then he has to compete with: Gilmour, RLC and Kova for a place in the squad. Gilmour looks like he has a higher ceiling so he is ahead and then you have Kova and RLC who are on massive wages andnin Kova's case, came in on a highish fee. Not sure either of those two can be shifted whilst they aren't unusable. For that reason, I can see him being sold for say £15-£20m with a £25-£30m buyback option so once we have cleared some of the backlog he can always be brought back easily. 

On 11/4/2020 at 1:00 AM, King Kante said:

I think with Gallagher it is more a case of players ahead of him and the complicated nature of shifting high earners. For me, he isn't getting ahead of Mount and then he has to compete with: Gilmour, RLC and Kova for a place in the squad. Gilmour looks like he has a higher ceiling so he is ahead and then you have Kova and RLC who are on massive wages andnin Kova's case, came in on a highish fee. Not sure either of those two can be shifted whilst they aren't unusable. For that reason, I can see him being sold for say £15-£20m with a £25-£30m buyback option so once we have cleared some of the backlog he can always be brought back easily. 

It would be premature to say that he cannot reach to the level that Mount or Gilmour. He has already been rated highly and he has being performing well on his loans taking the same route like Mount did. If he succeed in his current loan then he would surely be drafted into the team from next season. I feel RLC would be sold than Gallagher specially if the latter has a good loan

blu35_army likes this

10 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

It would be premature to say that he cannot reach to the level that Mount or Gilmour. He has already been rated highly and he has being performing well on his loans taking the same route like Mount did. If he succeed in his current loan then he would surely be drafted into the team from next season. I feel RLC would be sold than Gallagher specially if the latter has a good loan

I am not disgareeing, my points are that: 

A) RLC is almost impossible to shift owing to his wages and the rumour that he is a home boy/gets home sickness if he is away from his family for too long. 

B ) My proposal is essentially sell Gallagher with a fixed buy back. Essentially it is a glorified loan. The only thing it does is that it provides us with more cash than a straight loan. 

I am quite hopeful for Gallagher but due to the sheer number of CM's on the books, I am unsure when he will get a chance to come into the squad in a meaningful way.

10 hours ago, King Kante said:

I am not disgareeing, my points are that: 

A) RLC is almost impossible to shift owing to his wages and the rumour that he is a home boy/gets home sickness if he is away from his family for too long. 

B ) My proposal is essentially sell Gallagher with a fixed buy back. Essentially it is a glorified loan. The only thing it does is that it provides us with more cash than a straight loan. 

I am quite hopeful for Gallagher but due to the sheer number of CM's on the books, I am unsure when he will get a chance to come into the squad in a meaningful way.

Feel the homesickness is just a lame rumor, he is in a business where you will have to go where the buck stops. Anyways, I have a feeling that RLC or Barkley would be part of the Rice deal so I dont think RLC stays with us for very long. 

On the buy back thing, never a fan if a player is highly rated ...yes for the above average players if there is a buy back then makes sense also if a player wants to explore/move out. As i mentioned before, I believe if Gallagher has a good loan then he mostly gets into the team next season and then it is up to the player to make a spot in the 11. 

I think our interest in Declan Rice is because we need a backup for Kante, but we also need a backup for Thiago Silva.

Rice could do the job at DM in a 4-3-3 whenever Kante needs a rest, not only that but he can also play as a ball-playing CB, because of his passing ability. Thiago is 36, I can't see him playing every game, that's why we need another ball-playing CB and that could be the reason why we're looking at Declan Rice.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn KB2003 met Tapatalk

He had a wonderful defensive play yesterday and it drew a yellow card. I'm not sure what the ref thinks he is seeing sometimes.

Vesper likes this