Mikel John Obi

Badboy

It's extremely obvious that you don't like Mikel and want him gone but seriously, you have basically been just spouting the same nonsense and generic comments with plenty of assumptions in it about Mikel over and over and over again. Some of these things you have said in recent days are getting tiresome!

You got it in one and so do many others and one of my points proved you completely wrong about Benitez dropping Mikel .

Lets see what Jose does ,but I am convinced a special manager will make the correct decision and the word is he already has ,but time will tell .

If you are talking about Mikel's future we are all making assumptions because your assumption that Jose will keep him is just that .

My view that Mikel is a poor footballer is not an assumption it is an opinion and I could also copy and paste many threads where you are talking him up, it is not that clever .

However I am convinced Mourinho has seen what I and many others have seen in Mikel the Chlesea player and he is surplus to requirements.

I'm finding it odd that when people criticise Mikel and get excited about a potential departure (which as supporters of this club, they have every right to do) without name calling or immaturity towards other members who do want Mikel to stay, that the members who 'defend' Mikel (and want him to stay) are the ones to then launch personal 'attacks' on people & say that they lack intelligence and are only posting in this thread when it suits their agenda. The same ones who suggest that they understand his role more than others due to some superior level of knowledge or maturity are posting snidey comments in this thread just because some of us want a player gone and then they act like peace-makers in other threads to get 'likes' and feel superior. Stop it. It's embarrassing.

Of course there's a few people who want him gone who're retaliating and getting involved in the immaturity themselves but it really is more these 'respected' members doing the instigating in this thread; Basically coming in and saying "You guys who want Mikel gone don't know shit. I'll just like Seb's post without actually backing up my own opinion and just say I agree with him while continuing to bash your opinions."

Stop going around questioning people's intelligence, calling them ignorant, saying they have an agenda and saying they're purposely making things misoncstrued when it's the fucking 'peace makers' of this forum disrupting the peace!

If you have anything to say regarding Mikel, say so in here. If you want to launch personal attacks on people go to The Pub or reevaluate yourself.

This is a thread to discuss opinions etc. on a player. Not discuss opinions on a member for having a certain opinion on the player.

You got it in one and so do many others and one of my points proved you completely wrong about Benitez dropping Mikel.

Proved me completely wrong about Benitez dropping Mikel? You are talking about the one where you pointed he was supposedly available but not picked for the Villa game?!

Well, it's either you completely missed my response OR you chose to be selective and ignore it.

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/29-12-john-obi-mikel/?p=698454

Lets see what Jose does ,but I am convinced a special manager will make the correct decision and the word is he already has but time will tell.

If you are talking about Mikel's future we are all making assumptions because your assumption that Jose will keep him is just that.

I don't think everyone is making assumptions here at all. It's just that those who don't rate Mikel are already celebrating as if assuming he has already been sold or WILL be sold when there's hardly anything concrete to it yet.

My view that Mikel is a poor footballer is not an assumption it is an opinion and I could also copy and paste many threads where you are talking him up, it is not that clever.

Err, excuse me?! Since when I have talked up Mikel in this thread or even in recent times?! All I've been doing is basically refuting other members' point about using unfair judgment/views/statistics to judge Mikel. Have you seen me talking up Mikel's strengths and what he gives to the team etc? No. I have my views about Mikel and I can see where both sides' argument are coming from but what I dislike is when people start to criticize Mikel or any other player for that matter unfairly without any context whatsoever.

Also, when I said your posts previously had assumptions on Mikel, I meant you talking as if Mourinho will toss him out because he's supposedly a great manager when no one, at this point, would know how he'll evaluate Mikel yet.

I'm finding it odd that when people criticise Mikel and get excited about a potential departure (which as supporters of this club, they have every right to do) without name calling or immaturity towards other members who do want Mikel to stay, that the members who 'defend' Mikel (and want him to stay) are the ones to then launch personal 'attacks' on people & say that they lack intelligence and are only posting in this thread when it suits their agenda. The same ones who suggest that they understand his role more than others due to some superior level of knowledge or maturity are posting snidey comments in this thread just because some of us want a player gone and then they act like peace-makers in other threads to get 'likes' and feel superior. Stop it. It's embarrassing.

Of course there's a few people who want him gone who're retaliating and getting involved in the immaturity themselves but it really is more these 'respected' members doing the instigating in this thread; Basically coming in and saying "You guys who want Mikel gone don't know shit. I'll just like Seb's post without actually backing up my own opinion and just say I agree with him while continuing to bash your opinions."

Stop going around questioning people's intelligence, calling them ignorant, saying they have an agenda and saying they're purposely making things misoncstrued when it's the fucking 'peace makers' of this forum disrupting the peace!

If you have anything to say regarding Mikel, say so in here. If you want to launch personal attacks on people go to The Pub or reevaluate yourself.

This is a thread to discuss opinions etc. on a player. Not discuss opinions on a member for having a certain opinion on the player.

You're making things up, recently no one is insulting anyone that wants Mikel to leave. It's just that certain people are acting like it's a done deal, like Galatasaray and the board have agreed a fee etc. when it's far from that.

You're saying this is a player thread where people are discussing their opinions and this is exactly all I see here. Once again, no one's actually insulting anyone here, that's just in your imagination.

but what I dislike is when people start to criticize Mikel or any other player for that matter unfairly without any context whatsoever.

But people are criticising Mikel on stats if you want to say that is unfair than so be it , I am criticising him on his ability ,I have posted what his weaknesses are in my opinion and these weaknesses in turn lead to the bad the stats his time in the team show .

The stats are only used as a back up to confirm what I see from him on the pitch and that is a series of poor performances ,he has no ability ,what is he good at? ,what the stats do not tell you is he is poor in the games we win as well ,for instance in the second half at White Hart Lane he was awful as well ,only for our magic men to turn it on .

He cant run ,he cant tackle,his passing is pedestrian,he doesnt read the game (picking up runners) ,he lacks stamina (fades in games),cant tackle (fouls a lot and is not hard,agressive),he is not inspirational,bad attitude (Europa League),shoooting :D,heading :D ,marking on set plays he does nothing, ,have a look at Frank Lampards win /play stats and Ramires,Luiz when in the two midfield pair ,he makes everyone who he partners look bad .

These are my criticisms of him as a player if you think this is unfair than that is your opinion ,this is my opinion of him as a player as I do not want the stats thing thrown back at me as posted earlier.
I want him out as soon as possible and I think Jose has seen what I have seen that is why I think these rumours have some truth.
I am amazed that somebody at the club took the time between RDM's sacking and Benitez appointment to give him a 5 year deal as Benitez told us in his first press conference ,Benitez also told us Lampard would not be offered a new contract by the club in that press conference ,things have changed.

Proved me completely wrong about Benitez dropping Mikel? You are talking about the one where you pointed he was supposedly available but not picked for the Villa game?!

Well, it's either you completely missed my response OR you chose to be selective and ignore it.

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/29-12-john-obi-mikel/?p=698454

No I saw your response and chose to ignore it because even if we are to accept your dubious claim that Mikel was not fit for the Villa game (he was ,he was in full training after a minor knock meaning he did not miss much training and kept match fitness,not like comimg back from a long term injury) we still had other games to play and he was left out of them all including the Everton game where Ake played and Lampard played in them all despite the fact Benitez said Lampard was unable to play three games a week ,which he did in front of Mikel.

But people are criticising Mikel on stats if you want to say that is unfair than so be it , I am criticising him on his ability ,I have posted what his weaknesses are in my opinion and these weaknesses in turn lead to the bad the stats his time in the team show .

You are criticizing him on his ability but yet most of your posts in here for the past few days as I quoted above have been generic and repetitive.

No I saw your response and chose to ignore it because even if we are to accept your dubious claim that Mikel was not fit for the Villa game (he was ,he was in full training after a minor knock meaning he did not miss much training and kept match fitness,not like comimg back from a long term injury) we still had other games to play and he was left out of them all including the Everton game where Ake played and Lampard played in them all despite the fact Benitez said Lampard was unable to play three games a week ,which he did in front of Mikel.

Dubious claim?! What?! :doh: How was I making dubious claim when I backed up what I said with news articles on the team news for those matches around that period?

If anything, you are the one making dubious claims based on assumptions or rather 1 news that says Mikel is available for the Villa when other sources including the club's website itself said he isn't AND has been suffering from a hip injury. Moreover, how can a hip injury be considered as a minor knock? He had already missed the 4-5 games prior to that due to injury. Mikel only trained for 1 day or just 2 days for the Villa and he can't even be fit for that game when before the Spurs game, Benitez ruled Mikel out because he still has some pain with injury. Even if Mikel was available for the last 2 games, you don't even know if he had any injury setback or deemed not fit enough to play just yet etc.

Benitez saying Lampard can't play 3 games a week is an exaggeration. He's still fit and strong enough to be playing 3 games a week but just not constantly every week because the consistency of the quality performance is not there anymore. He wanted to make it clear that Lampard can't expect to in every game anymore. And Lampard and Ake were played in that Everton game because Benitez didn't have much of choice. Luiz was moved back to CB and Ivanovic to RB for that game because he wanted aerial strength and physical presence to cope with Everton's own dominant figure. Moreover, Ramires was suspended for the game. Hence, even more lack of options which forced Benitez to go with Lampard and Ake in the pivot.

In some matches he is a monster defensively. HOWEVER, there are a couple of regular situations that can drive a Chelsea fan mad. That happens especially when:

1. He has played a great defensive game all match, then he makes a moment of brain fade and we concede because of him.

2. When we are in a desperate need to score and it seems like all he does is back-passing :shoot:

Whether we should sell him or not I tend to go with the former, because I'm not really fond of the one dimensional defensive midfielders who are utterly useless up wide. No matter how great they are doing in the deep positions. And Mikel is a perfect example of the description.

Rumours circulating that Galatasaray's bid would be around £13 million. Not bad considering that's around the rumoured figure for De Rossi.

Damn, I guess with the £25 million rumour, it was always going to be a case of it being too good to be true. While £13 mil is a decent deal, I think we should just keep him around for the extra bit of depth in midfield.