• Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Mount (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Tomori (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

12 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:
And his last touch was a god awful penalty.

Imagine if he had scored. Mou might have had some faith in him.

He was always gonna go, the rumor was he had basically said if he wasnt first choice after 1 season at West Brom, he wanted to go on loan.

Hence why Mourinho said to ask Lukaku directly he wanted to go on loan to the press.

He was always gonna go, the rumor was he had basically said if he wasnt first choice after 1 season at West Brom, he wanted to go on loan.
Hence why Mourinho said to ask Lukaku directly he wanted to go on loan to the press.
First I've heard of that. Guy was clearly deluded if that was his stance.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:
1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

First I've heard of that. Guy was clearly deluded if that was his stance.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10484288/Jose-Mourinho-Romelu-Lukaku-likes-to-talk-but-he-wont-say-why-hes-at-Everton-and-not-Chelsea.html 

The article in which Jose questions him to say why he doesnt say why he went on loan. 

Turns out was before he made permanent move to Everton this quote did the rounds from Jose. "He wanted to play for Chelsea but wanted to be the first-choice striker. That's very difficult to promise."

From this article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28569197

The rumor was that this was also the same after his season at West Brom when Everton got him on loan but its never been confirmed although Jose calling him out to say why he left to the media makes me think it was the same reason he left for Everton permanently. 

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

last time I had eel and mash was at Cooke's in in Hoxton

well, I just had a bite of wifey's, she likes that shite (she eats surströmming which is 1000 times worse, rotted tinned Swedish herring, I REFUSE to let her even open it in our house), I stuck to a regular pie and mash

Don't like jellied eels, don't know what you're talking about:D mind you you've got to be a cockney, and old like me, and have loads of proper vinegar, mind you it was never a thing for the chicks:D

Pie and mash the best around well in South London that is Arments in Westmoreland Road Walworth.

arments-pie-mash-slide-img.jpg

Weirdly im looking forward to this.

The whole world including 95% of our fanbase are expecting us to get hammered, how many times have we been in that situation and actually got hammered? Barely if ever, most recent examples our cup finals last season.

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The whole world including 95% of our fanbase are expecting us to get hammered, how many times have we been in that situation and actually got hammered? Barely if ever, most recent examples our cup finals last season.

Except Liverpool will most likely pummel us into the ground even if we play at 110%, we're lightyears behind their squad.

I'm fairly relaxed about this. If we win, it's a nice thing. If we lose, nobody really cares, though it is one of the trophies the Roman Era has missed out on.

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

This and the FIFA Club World Cup are the only trophies missing in the Roman era. This is our 3rd attempt trying to win this Super Cup under Roman, hopefully 3rd times the charm.

As I say, it'd be wonderful if we won, but I won't lose sleep if we lose. Every Chelsea fan knows Sunday is a far more important game. I just want us to compete and come out of the game with some credit. The positive is that Lampard's first two games are against top sides - this is beneficial for him learning about himself and his squad. 

Edited by BlueLion.

10 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Hopefully Lamps won't be naive like on Sunday. 

there is to much enthusiasm around the youths imho 

I hope to see 4312:  zappa azpi chris emerson - kante jorgi kovacic - barkley - pedro giroud 

51 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Yea, no pressure on us to really win this,so I'm just gonna sit back and see if we have improved at all since Sunday. If we lose but have corrected some of the horrendous mistakes I wont mind. We are still a long long way from being anywhere near full strength and this is a game where players will want to stake a claim for a regular starting spot.

Not going to be able to watch this live. My only hope/wish is that we don't get battered and humiliated. Two really bad losses within days to start the season won't be good for the mindset and confidence of the squad. 

Then we have a really tough match at the weekend. 😬

Football cliche alert : Score first tonight we're in with a chance they score first I can only see us getting pummelled I'm afraid. Definitely not going to watch the pre match bollocks the amount of times Istanbul and 2005 will be mentioned will be off the scale.