Didier Drogba

DYC.

I'm so gutted, it's been amazing to have a striker like him... I can't think of a PL club that Drogba hasn't scored against, not to mention his CL goals against teams like Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Juventus.

football120522drogba.jpg

This thread should not be moved to "Ex Blues", it must be in a sub-forum entitled "Legends".

Goodbye, Drogba.

http://www.telegraph...layer-ever.html

Is Didier Drogba the best Chelsea player ever?

yes.

I agree with those comments in that article:

"This is a stupid poll; put this poll up after Lampards left, Lampard will probably get most of the votes. Put it up after JT leaves, he'll get most the votes probably. People are more likely to vote Drogba because he's only just left, and he's left with the parting gift of the UCL, and so people hold him in a higher regard than those still here like Lamps and JT"

"typical hyperbolic exaggerations of a player after they retire/leave the english league. Drogba was/is a class act, but he's no zola"

Also, this poll unfairly disregards JT. I won't be calling Drogba the best ever just yet, I know I would make that knee-jerk sentimental decision based on his recent heroics and departure. Not too long ago I called Lampard the greatest ever and I don't think I'm ready to kick him off the throne just yet (in hindsight I regret questioning his legendary status after the AVB debacle)... when he retires, the outcry would be just as strong as is with Drogba now, if not stronger. The same with JT, although he's doing a great job in sabotaging his image.

Anyway, it would also be a bit disrespectful to rank players in order. For me, our legends should be treated equally.. that include Drogba, Lampard, Terry and Cech... all every bit as important and will be missed as much as Drogba will, all of them worthy to be "the best ever", thus there's no point in choosing one and disrespecting others.

Does anyone think maybe once he is done playing he may come back potentially as a striker coach? Youngsters look up to him and he seems to bond very well with younger players. Wouldn't mind seeing it, Shevchenko has been linked with recently to do some sort of coaching.

I agree with those comments in that article:

"This is a stupid poll; put this poll up after Lampards left, Lampard will probably get most of the votes. Put it up after JT leaves, he'll get most the votes probably. People are more likely to vote Drogba because he's only just left, and he's left with the parting gift of the UCL, and so people hold him in a higher regard than those still here like Lamps and JT"

"typical hyperbolic exaggerations of a player after they retire/leave the english league. Drogba was/is a class act, but he's no zola"

Also, this poll unfairly disregards JT.

JT is not Chelsea greatest. He might be a legend, captain and that kind of thing, but I mean, you cant say Terry is the kind of player that would win a PL or a UCL for us. Lampard and Drogba are.

Didier I think is above Lampard because the african is the kind of player that improve his game in the big games. You know he is set to score in a final. Lampard was a killer player during 2004 and 2006. After that he became a consistent player and no more than that.

Well, I've never saw Zola playing, but imo the fact he was a amazing player in an avarage side, make him look like he was greater than he really is.Drogba is not only a Chelsea legend, he is a football legend, he is an ambassador of the game, he is a great character off the pitch.

After what he have done this season for us, its unfair to say he is everything but Chelsea greatest. We are not comparing Drogba with Maradona, Zidade or Pele, were comparing him with Lampard and Zola. With all due respect, there is no exaggeration.

I would love to help Chelsea in any way, even if they tell me to come and cut the grass. I will do it. — Didier Drogba, via SkySports

I wonder whether he can come back on loan for a few months, like Henry did... if we're playing Arsenal or Barca in knockout cup...

If he goes to the MLS, perhaps we can do what AC Milan did with David Beckham and get him on loan for those cup finals and important last 3-4 months of the season.

One can always hope, I suppose. I hope he does link up with the club again one day, in any capacity. Even as a part time scout. Didier :wub:

Nah. He's leaving us for first team football, he'll be behind Benzema and possibly Higuain at Real Madrid.

Sorry to go off topic, but if he doesn't get 'Legend' status on FM13 I'll riot.

True but if there is anyone who can convince them to play sort of second fiddle at a club, it's Mourinho.