Didier Drogba

DYC.

Even the greatest stories come to an end. My contract is finished and I am now prepared to leave the Blues. It is with great sadness but also with much gratitude that I announce you my departure from Chelsea.

I played my last game for the club in Munich and I am delighted to have finally been able to lift the Champions League trophy after an incredible final. I am sad, even if it is part of the life of a footballer. We have to accept it. Above all, I will remember all the great seasons I have had here, and all the emotions that will remain forever etched in my memory.

Thanks again to all the fans for their tremendous support. I wish the best success to this club where I may come back in the future, but in a different role.

I still can't believe it. The tears have dried up a bit as I understand he had to have left at some point. I will miss that sense of excitement whenever he got on the ball. I will miss that hope when we desperately need a goal. I will miss his arrogant swagger on the pitch. His amazing record in finals and against Arsenal. His ability to score from anywhere on the pitch, and his ability to destroy any defender in the world.

Goodbye, Didier. I hope you return one day.

I fear for Cap. Kalou leaving at the same time as Drogba could be too much and we would never hear from him again. :cry:

Raised a weak smile :(

"He won three Premier League titles, four FA Cups, two Carling Cups and now, in the most dramatic and glorious of circumstances, the Champions League. He has been named Chelsea's Player of the Year and Players' Player of the Year and won the Premier League Golden Boot twice." WHAT ELSE SHOULD BE SAID ........ :cry: :cry: :cry:

Where to, Didier? I hope he doesn't finish in a graveyard like Qatar, UAE or China. One last bang somewhere in Europe. Perhaps France.

And what does this mean for our future? Who can fill Drogba's stadium sized boots? Lukaku, Torres or Sturridge? Or a new signing?

So many questions...

Where to, Didier? I hope he doesn't finish in a graveyard like Qatar, UAE or China. One last bang somewhere in Europe. Perhaps France.

And what does this mean for our future? Who can fill Drogba's stadium sized boots? Lukaku, Torres or Sturridge? Or a new signing?

So many questions...

Hm, I am the only one, who doesnt want to see him in barcelona shirt? I think he should join to Marseille.

Hm, I am the only one, who doesnt want to see him in barcelona shirt? I think he should join to Marseille.

I don't think he would ever go there. He's leaving for first team football, he won't get it at Barcelona. We can also rule out Russia as a vocal minority of its football fans are batshit racist and he has a young family that he wouldn't want to expose to an environment so foreign to England.

A swansong season or two at his beloved Marseille, and then a testimonial with us and Marseille, followed by Brazil 2014. What a career it has been, I wish him well in his future endeavours even if he chooses Barcelona.