test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Spike

3. Marcos Alonso

Started by Spike,

1,348 posts in this topic
12 minutes ago, ja1 said:

Even if they go in he’s still not good enough, but them not going in just exemplifies that he performs like this all the time, and him having a ‘good game’ is when he happens to pop up with an assist or goal.

Yep, he is not remotely good enough.

The board looks moronic (there is a shock! NOT) for renewing him and Sarri looks a fool for saying he is close to being the best LB in Europe!!

Vybz Kartel likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'WHY BAYERN?'

Callum Hudson-Odoi will not find a bigger club to play for than Chelsea, according to team-mate Marcos Alonso.

"He is a good player, but he is very young," Alonso said. "He needs to have patience and to be hungry and fight for a place in this team.

"That is all he needs to do, he has all the conditions to be a great player, now it is up to him to fight for a place here or try to find more minutes somewhere else.

"Bayern Munich? We are Chelsea, another great team, the Premier League is the most competitive league in the world, I don't know why someone would go to Bayern Munich."

Mmm 2 points Alonso...1 Very well said=We are Chelsea blab blah blah  I don't know why someone would go to Bayern Munich. 2 We are Chelsea , so Alonso start playing like you deserve to wear the great team shirt ...simples, his displays nearly every game lately have been i will say mildly lol embarrassing! Feels nearly like we are playing with 10 men every time i see him on the pitch ,he has been such a handicap going forward and cough cough (grow a set of ballsfc)defending !

 
Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mccg said:

Predicted XI: Marcos Alonso to be finally dropped by Sarri

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2019/01/predicted-xi-marcos-alonso-finally-dropped-sarri/

Hell yeah if this happens!

Image result for can i get a hell yeah gif

Unfortunately Sarri never rotates his lineup unless the player threatens him with a transfer move. So Alonso stays put

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't blame Alonso that he is getting selected every game!

He will always get every game with this cunt antifootball coach..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He need to run harder, yes he is slow but he need to run harder. 

And no, we cannot play Emerson. We play with only 3 tall players with Hazard as striker. Even barca play with 3 tall player playing in less physical league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, communicate said:

He need to run harder, yes he is slow but he need to run harder. 

And no, we cannot play Emerson. We play with only 3 tall players with Hazard as striker. Even barca play with 3 tall player playing in less physical league. 

Liverpool and City have no issues with having a relatively small starting XI. For Liverpool only their CBs + Fabinho if he starts are aerial threats. For City it is literally just their CBs as aerial threats. I don’t think we lose that much defensively if we lose Alonso, Emerson has actually been quite strong positionally for aerial balls in an admittedly small sample size. 

 

For attacking set pieces Alonso is one of our players with a clear role in our routines, but hey, Emerson also brings many things to the team Alonso doesn’t in other areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ja1 said:

Liverpool and City have no issues with having a relatively small starting XI. For Liverpool only their CBs + Fabinho if he starts are aerial threats. For City it is literally just their CBs as aerial threats. I don’t think we lose that much defensively if we lose Alonso, Emerson has actually been quite strong positionally for aerial balls in an admittedly small sample size. 

 

For attacking set pieces Alonso is one of our players with a clear role in our routines, but hey, Emerson also brings many things to the team Alonso doesn’t in other areas.

It is a double edged sword. We completely dominated the air when playing City and won every header in their area. But City rarely concede set pieces and always prevent crosses, so it is really the queston if you can afford to play so many short players who of course tend to be better on the ball or more agile.

That being said i am 100% sure that height is not the reasonw hy Emerson is not selected. I think, even if we had Barkley/RLC and Morata/Giroud playing we would also have Alonso starting like vs Fulham or Wolves. He picks Alonso because he thinks he is a better player than Emerson, which again shows how deluded Sarri is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

To be fair, the bloke looks fucking knackered. A rest surely wouldn't hurt him. 

Sarri' didn't learn from his Napoli days. Dude just doesn't rotate and his to blame for most of the fatigue that's crept into the squad of late.

Vesper and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 5:03 PM, Magic Lamps said:

He picks Alonso because he thinks he is a better player than Emerson, which again shows how deluded Sarri is. 

Good post until this bit. 

One can either think Conte, sarri, and most coaches employed by Chelsea are deluded, or that there is a minority here on this site who are completely deluded - not my choice of words.

another puzzlement is how do these folks, who just “know” (literal meaning of being deluded) that Emerson is so much better when we hardly seen him play?! And especially we hardly seen him play against stronger opposition - Alonso always plays against them.

asking for more minutes for Emerson is great and makes sense. But calling a manager deluded because of his starting choices is just bizarre.

0007 and Tomo like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Robchels said:

Good post until this bit. 

One can either think Conte, sarri, and most coaches employed by Chelsea are deluded, or that there is a minority here on this site who are completely deluded - not my choice of words.

another puzzlement is how do these folks, who just “know” (literal meaning of being deluded) that Emerson is so much better when we hardly seen him play?! And especially we hardly seen him play against stronger opposition - Alonso always play against them.

asking for more minutes for Emerson is great and makes sense. But calling a manager deluded because of his starting choices is just bizarre.

I don't think he is deluded, I think Emerson is simply not good enough to bench the turgid Alonso (which a prori makes Emerson shit)

We drastically need an upgrade at LB! Hello Chilwell (or if we can still keep 8 HG's without him, hello Firpo or hello Telles).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/01/2019 at 9:51 PM, communicate said:

He need to run harder, yes he is slow but he need to run harder. 

And no, we cannot play Emerson. We play with only 3 tall players with Hazard as striker. Even barca play with 3 tall player playing in less physical league. 

Junior Firpo is only an inch and half shorter than Alonso, a far better athlete, massively higher vertical leap and pace, and a better defender.

Sign him up and take the option away from Sarri. Firpo can also give CB, LMF and RW cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Sarri' didn't learn from his Napoli days. Dude just doesn't rotate and his to blame for most of the fatigue that's crept into the squad of late.

It doesn't say a lot for the fitness of our squad if they are fatigued already, for the most part this season Sarri has been going from team A in the League at weekends to team B in the Europa/LC in midweeks. The only two players who have featured excessively are Willian and Pedro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It doesn't say a lot for the fitness of our squad if they are fatigued already, for the most part this season Sarri has been going from team A in the League at weekends to team B in the Europa/LC in midweeks. The only two players who have featured excessively are Willian and Pedro.

and Alonso and maybe Jorginho who are both not the fittest. I don't think it is a too grave case of exhaustion as they only had to stand a few matches back to back recently but there are warnign signs and Sarri should see them early also because we have so much mediocrity in depth, rotating will not make much of a difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.