Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

His reputation outside the club actually far exceeds him or the stark reality. The casuals only see the highlight plays such as the free-kicks and the odd goal he scores but they don't see just how basic and mediocre his game is. Just goes to show how few people actually watch matches before having an opinion on anything. Most casuals who have opinions on Chelsea players or on any other  teams' players excluding their own generally don't know what the fuck they're talking about. This is why I can't take such opinions seriously. Anyway, congratulations to the guy but its funny how one of our players that defines this new era of substandard quality makes the PFA team. 

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

Alonso in the team of the year. :lol:

The FA is trolling us.

Its because the amount of goals hes scored from his position. Cant be any other reason, hes a good player but team of the year maybe a bit much but in all fairness look at the top teams: Delph playing LB for City every week for months because of an injury to Mendy after like 3 weeks, Ben Davies for Spurs due to Rose's fitness, Ashley Young/Luke Shaw for United, Kolasinac or Monreal for Arsenal, Andy Robertson for Liverpool (I really think he should have been in contention though, as a Scotsman its great to see hes grown into one hell of a player, he played basically non professionally when he was 17/18 now hes playing CL football in the matter of like 6 seasons)... its hardly an outstanding pool of competition. At the likes of Southampton, Everton, West Ham who everyone probably expected to do quite well this season... the likes of Bertrand, Baines, Cresswell.. theyve hardly had good seasons I mean just look at the state of Southampton and West Hams defensive records as it stands.   

The main reason he got this was because the overall state of Left Backs in the EPL this season was horrid.

Benjamin Mendy was injured and out for the year very early. 95% sure he would have won if not injured.

Man U and Man City mostly use backup MF's as makeshift LB's (Ashley Young and Fabian Delph, with Man U not playing Daley Blind)

Danny Rose was hurt for ages and shite when he came back for Spurs, his replacement, ben Davies is nothing special at all

Sead Kolasinac has been a semi bust at Arsenal, he barely starts anymore

All the rest left in the EPL are worse than those already listed

EXCEPT one

Andrew Robertson at Liverpool, who has been a revelation. One could make a case he should have won, but he didnt start much for the first part of the season.

28 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Its because the amount of goals hes scored from his position. Cant be any other reason, hes a good player but team of the year maybe a bit much but in all fairness look at the top teams: Delph playing LB for City every week for months because of an injury to Mendy after like 3 weeks, Ben Davies for Spurs due to Rose's fitness, Ashley Young/Luke Shaw for United, Kolasinac or Monreal for Arsenal, Andy Robertson for Liverpool (I really think he should have been in contention though, as a Scotsman its great to see hes grown into one hell of a player, he played basically non professionally when he was 17/18 now hes playing CL football in the matter of like 6 seasons)... its hardly an outstanding pool of competition. At the likes of Southampton, Everton, West Ham who everyone probably expected to do quite well this season... the likes of Bertrand, Baines, Cresswell.. theyve hardly had good seasons I mean just look at the state of Southampton and West Hams defensive records as it stands.   

We are on the exact same page.

In the PFA team of the year, what a way to silence the haters he has here. Clearly underappreciated on here.
I agree. Whilst he isn't exactly a great player, there aren't that many better LWBs out there. Meanwhile Moses pretty much escapes criticism altough he clearly has a worse season than Alonso.

12 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

His reputation outside the club actually far exceeds him or the stark reality. The casuals only see the highlight plays such as the free-kicks and the odd goal he scores but they don't see just how basic and mediocre his game is. Just goes to show how few people actually watch matches before having an opinion on anything. Most casuals who have opinions on Chelsea players or on any other  teams' players excluding their own generally don't know what the fuck they're talking about. This is why I can't take such opinions seriously. Anyway, congratulations to the guy but its funny how one of our players that defines this new era of substandard quality makes the PFA team. 

Its also one of the reasons why players like Hazard are severely underrated by opposition fans. Because he isn't exactly the 'goals and assists' type of player 

13 hours ago, Beigl said:
18 hours ago, NiclasCFC said:
In the PFA team of the year, what a way to silence the haters he has here. Clearly underappreciated on here.

I agree. Whilst he isn't exactly a great player, there aren't that many better LWBs out there. Meanwhile Moses pretty much escapes criticism altough he clearly has a worse season than Alonso.

Nah we appreciate Alonso. We all know that he is a decent player but if Alonso is the best left back this season, then the other left back are just horrible.

I think we all know he won because he is pretty good at freekick but other than that I don't think he has been spectacular this season

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Im actualy excited about this lol.

I just hope Conte wont pull some shit and play Zappacosta or Azpi on that side...

Same here.

In terms of potential and natural talent Emerson is head and shoulders above Alonso and has not put a foot wrong so far. I understand that Conte wanted to ease him in but now that the season is done why not give the fringe players a chance?

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Im actualy excited about this lol.

I just hope Conte wont pull some shit and play Zappacosta or Azpi on that side...

Scenes when Conte plays Zappacosta or Azpi at LWB instead of Emerson...

On 4/18/2018 at 1:06 PM, NiclasCFC said:

I guess that didn't work well, hardly silenced anyone on here. :lol: I'll repeat the popular opinion: He's there only because of his goals and free-kicks. Since when have we started taking TOTYs as a measure of greatness anyway? Most times they are farcical.