Riyad Mahrez

17 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I disagree, Willian to me continues to be a good player on the bench. Pedro you can say the same thing, this season he had a great one. But going forward will also be a good bench option. 

To me the ideal upgrade is Sanchez....but if we can't get him to me Mahrez will fulfilled that role great. If Sanchez don't want to come and go to Bayern/Juventus then to me there's no second better option available then Mahrez.

if Isco is available, we should get him. One year left on contract and Im sure we have all the chances (plenty of spanish players, good coach, regular spot, competition for titles, CL,...) to get him if he wants to leave Real. Thats a big IF tho.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, the wes said:

Forget this guy Sanchez or B.sliva can take us to the next level in the CL not Mahrez 

Sanchez is probably impossible for us. Their fans would riot in the streets of Wenger sold him to Chelsea.

Bernardo has to be our top choice but we'll likely have tons of competition from around Europe. Mahrez is the perfect fallback option.

39 minutes ago, Jason said:

He is. I mean apart from last season, what other notable things has he really done - be it with Leicester or one of his former clubs? The last thing we want now is to buy another mid-tier player - as we already have some in the squad - when we should get top-tier players.

The same could have been said about Kante a year ago.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Sanchez is probably impossible for us. Their fans would riot in the streets of Wenger sold him to Chelsea.

Well, Wenger did sell Van Persie to Man United. So...

2 minutes ago, Beigl said:

The same could have been said about Kante a year ago.

True but then you could argue that Kante has proved last season's form was no fluke. But Mahrez? I know Leicester have struggled this season but he's done nothing to suggest he's the real deal. And is he really better than what we have now?

1 minute ago, Jason said:

True but then you could argue that Kante has proved last season's form was no fluke. But Mahrez? I know Leicester have struggled this season but he's done nothing to suggest he's the real deal. And is he really better than what we have now?

That's true, but making them relive that sort of nightmare would be too much I think. Though, we did them a favor and gave them Cech so perhaps we have some good will in the bank. ^_^

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

No not at all, I think we have some other options to consider before thinking about Mahrez like Bernardo Silva or Sanchez. 

Forget this guy Sanchez or B.sliva can take us to the next level in the CL not Mahrez 

Only plus about getting him would be his price tag compared to the other two. Sanchez would be the best fit despite him being older.

Right now, I label Mahrez as a one-season-wonder in my book because he's a shadow of his former self from last season. 

But that could be because of the problems at Leicester surrounding Claudio and other things. Basically like us last season and to be fair, Hazard was pretty much like Mahrez is right now. Maybe Antonio can get him back to his peak form. 

No doubt Leicester will sell him, they even have to sell as I think he wants to leave. I don't know. We need a winger and I think Sanchez joining us is not happpening so. I'd spend a lot of cash on Bernardo Silva I guess. Don't trust Mahrez. 

2 hours ago, mashimaru161 said:

Has anyone watched him this season. Is he actually better than willians or pedro? At least Will can shoot and take free kich while the other guy can plays as a supporting striker.

Zaha has hada better season than Mahrez this season if we want to challenge for the CL  we need to sign a top notch signing the like of Sanchez or B. Sliva would do

Decent player with decent technique ... but this season pulled down all the momentum for him. He didnt really get going when it went down just like our players last season. Hence I dont see him at Chelsea atleast till Conte is there ... He demands a lot from his players. 

He was cought on camera praising Chelsea.

Isco or Griezmann if we realy want to improve that right side. 

If those two aint possible, Pedro is allright until someone is available.

I dont rate Sanchez that much, while Mahrez had poor season and could either turn good or bad. Lemar wants to stay in Monaco.

Silva is good to, but for that quoted price we can try Griezmann instead and add few more millions.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You