Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Riyad Mahrez

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a really great talent but i can't see him really fitting into the first team with Hazard and Willian on the wings. He might have to play through the centre if he wants to be a Chelsea player.

I prefer him over Willian any day of the week and I'm sure most feel the same

3 hours ago, cfcs most wanted said:

He is a really great talent but i can't see him really fitting into the first team with Hazard and Willian on the wings. He might have to play through the centre if he wants to be a Chelsea player.

I don't think he'll ever be a Chelsea player, but I would much rather have him than Willian. Willian has always been nothing more than average. He won POY because he stayed average when everyone else went to shit.

2 hours ago, oldportblue said:

willian average?

<_<:blink:

IMO, the only thing he did was knock a few good free kicks in to keep us alive in the Champions League. He wasn't great during the course of play.

10 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

disagree with you there, guys. He's the type of player who shines most when you watch him play and see all the little useful things he does rather than analyze his stats... I would definitely not call him average but that's just me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that he'll get back and defend, but it drives me crazy when I see him take a run and then just stop and stand over the ball, killing any chance of a counter attack.

• 1 month later...

Mahrez might have more goals and assists than Willian but let's get one thing straight, he would not be taking Willian's place in the team. Conte will love to have Willian. A player who works hard for the team, does defensive duties and still provides in attack. Mahrez is a quality player but luxury one. You need to get other players to do his dirty work which is what Albrighton did. Hazard and Mahrez will give us luxury flair but not much help in defence. Anyway, I highly doubt this deal will happen anyway.