John Terry

DavidEU

4 minutes ago, boshman said:

The day he plays his last game will be torture. The tears will flow at SB if it is to be his last game against Leicester.

You'd kind of wish he'd go next season, make it a bit fairytale.

In all likelihood we move stadiums next year don't we? Terry along with old SB would go together. End on an era on both counts.

2 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Pretty weird. Ivanovic got a contract extention but Terry won't get one more season. Doesn't make any sense in my opinion. He is not world class anymore, but his presence is still important, specially in a squad that lacks leaders. Maybe something happened or is happening behind the acenes. 

New manager playing a totally different style is the only thing that makes sense. The board must think that there's no way JT will suit this new football. 

I needed time to cool down and take a look at it from Roman's perspective, there always has, always will be two sides of the same coin...

Chelsea underachieved massively in the first half of the season, that's unacceptable for Roman Abramovich, who demands better.
We are the Champions of England for fuck's sake...some heads must be chopped off!
For some of the members around here Jose Mourinho was the cancer, for them he was the main problem and finally Abramovich decided that the Portuguese had it coming.
That could lead to better times, but that's not the only change, it's not that simple, others will follow.

For me and others John Terry has always been a great service to this club, he is 'Mr.Chelsea', but what about his relationship with Roman?
The personal misbehaviors weren't that kind of a big deal, imo, but the problems John had with some of Roman's former managers, there were times where John made life uncomfortable, imo. That's a thing that the big boss will never forget or forgive.
He tolerated it because after the reboots Terry always backed it up on the pitch, but that's over.
As i said before the league is already fucked and we won't reach a good position for Chelsea's high standards.

Roman wants to make a clean slate and i'm under the impression Roman fears John's influence.
I can't remember when Ivanovic had problems with any of the former managers and i think he and Roman are friends.
That's what's important, that's how it's done in business...in the end it doesn't matter where you came from, but you must respect your superiour.

I would have loved it if the both of them could have worked it out.
It's a shame that it has come to this, i think Roman shouldn't have done it, for me John belongs to the inventory.
But Roman had his reasons, it's not black and white, sadly...

To be honest, we knew this day was always going to come - Terry leaving the club at the end of the season, be it his own decision or the club's - sooner or later. I am more concerned about the fact that his departure leaves with practically zero leaders in the dressing room. It's quite laughable in some ways that our next most experienced players after Terry is Mikel, Ivanovic and Cahill and none of them have shown any real leadership qualities. Desperate times ahead.

6 minutes ago, Stats said:

Terry has played this quite smart tbh. He knows by leaking the news out to the media and public that he has not been offered a new contract, that it will cause huge uproar. If he left it till the end of the season, less time to sort out but now our club is going to be hounded by the media and fans alike and maybe that will work to his advantage. Not criticizing him but just feel it was not 100% necessary to confirm that.

I mean look at City. Pellegrini probably knows he is leaving at the end of the season and I would not be surprised if he knew right from the beginning of the season however he has adhered with the club to keep that completely internal because if it does get leaked out, it could have an adverse affect and create more headlines but while it is kept underlipped, the team are joint 2nd in the league and are aguably a lot of people's favourites to regain the title and also in the running for the quadruple.

Now, any time we keep a clean sheet, the media are going to jump on the bandwagon straight away and be like "Chelsea are ludicrous to not be offering JT a contract", "this performance proves he is worthy of another year" and "what are the club thinking" etc. I just don't know if it was totally right to do that because now all of a sudden if he is offered a contract all of a sudden, you will get many headlines about Roman falling under fan pressure and it was reluctant decision. Similar to the Di Matteo appointment after winning the UCL.

It does not change the fact that I think the club will be mad not to offer him a contract but just feel this will create unneccessary headlines. Hopefully it does not affect the team's performance though.

You're crazy bro! He's a fucking piece of shit who deserves death!

I fucking hate our support sometimes..

7 minutes ago, Kieran. said:

You're crazy bro! He's a fucking piece of shit who deserves death!

I fucking hate our support sometimes..

I was not having a go at him bro. I am just stating that his love for the club and his belief that he still can carry on for Chelsea which majority of us believe he can do too has probably caused him to say the truth now to get the fans to back the campaign to give him a contract. Because I would not be surprised after all if he is offered one if he keeps up with his solid form tillt he end of the season.

4 minutes ago, Stats said:

I was not having a go at him bro. I am just stating that his love for the club and his belief that he still can carry on for Chelsea which majority of us believe he can do too has probably caused him to say the truth now to get the fans to back the campaign to give him a contract. Because I would not be surprised after all if he is offered one if he keeps up with his solid form tillt he end of the season.

Wasn't having a go at you either! I know what you meant. was focusing other members who have been insanely rude to him, forgot that quotes can be somwwhat misleading.

7 hours ago, Styles said:

No disrespect Chou, but Terry is your favourite player and I think that sentiment is overriding any rationality on your part.

No matter when Terry left there was always going to be this reaction.

Sorry mate, but I disagree with your last statement. I doubt there would be as much of a reaction if we at least knew that we had capable replacements in the squad, or were at least linked with good replacement targets.

Don't get me wrong, I'm also excited with the prospect of having a proactive defender like Miazga in the back four, but the fact is none of these guys are proven and the move could easily backfire.