John Terry

DavidEU

At the end of the day, you'd be shunned away from all CFC pubs, shunned away from all Chelsea players who have played in our team with Terry, if you aren't torn by this. Imagine wearing a Barcelona kit, walking into the local pub and proclaiming you don't care about Xavi or Puyol leaving. Imagine walking into a Rome pub full of Roma fans, yourself included, to then share how fine you are with Totti's contract not being renewed. Imagine the day Del Piero left Juve, do you think any supporters were passive about the old geezer who's seen better days leaving? 

Now let's take a great player who's old. Di Natate. If Udinese decide to stop offering him contracts, i don't know what will happen, the stadium might be torn down.

Every club's supporters have turned around saying "wait, what?" after letting Pirlo leave. 

Tis nonsensical. 

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

JT is a fantastic footballer but a cretin of a human.

That's just your (uninformed) opinion. I don't know him personally so I can't say otherwise. But anyway none of that has any relevance what so ever to how much of a stupid decision that only weakens the CLUB this is.

2 minutes ago, Styles said:

No disrespect Chou, but Terry is your favourite player and I think that sentiment is overriding any rationality on your part.

No matter when Terry left there was always going to be this reaction.

No disrespect, but most of the content of your posts on this so far has been based speculative conclusions (he only cares about himself and is manipulating the fans, Iva will be sold anyway, no future manager would want him in the team...etc.) while you have actually failed to address any of the points I've raised in response and just moved onto another point in each post. Not sure how you can subsequently accuse anyone of irrationality.

And since you feel the need to question my personal motivations for this opinion, let me as well tell you that I think you're trying a bit too much to swim against the flow and be controversial.

Last sentence is also obviously false. Of course had we, say, signed a couple of top defenders and JT had found himself on the bench for most of the matches then the reaction of most Chelsea fans would have been VERY different. 

1 minute ago, CHOULO19 said:

That's just your (uninformed) opinion. I don't know him personally so I can't say otherwise. But anyway none of that has any relevance what so ever to how much of a stupid decision that only weakens the CLUB this is.

It's hard to unimformed when he betrayed his wife and family. That is a pretty strikingly obvious trait of a person that I don't have much respect for.

1 minute ago, johnnythefirst said:

No offense, but didn't he pork a teammate's wife and then secretly paid for the abortion? :P

I'd say that's pretty shitty.

Not that it matters. 

I don't know about the abortion part, sounds really made up, and the rest of the story you could only read from the Chelsea and especially Terry hating press. Afaik JT and Bridge's wife continue denying those accusations. And yes, not that it matters, everybody knows he can be a dick but we are talking football here, and the main point that should have been stressed was that he is a fantastic footballer, not the cretin part.

I swear, when I was reading this on SkySports, I thought it was not real, it was a dream, that this simply cannot be happening. Holy shit, what the fuck is this? Why let go someone who breathes Chelsea and has blue blood in everything he does? Why is the club not letting its legends retire in the fucking club? A fucking joke this. It must be heartbreaking for him :( Yet Ivanovic is happily sleeping with a new contract. Fuck off

1 minute ago, manpe said:

I don't know about the abortion part, sounds really made up, and the rest of the story you could only read from the Chelsea and especially Terry hating press. Afaik JT and Bridge's wife continue denying those accusations. And yes, not that it matters, everybody knows he can be a dick but we are talking football here, and the main point that should have been stressed was that he is a fantastic footballer, not the cretin part.

It wasn't Bridges' wife, it was his ex-girlfriend.

The board are obviously clueless about the appeal both Mourinho & Terry have alone. Both are people who can just pick up the phone and convince the biggest figures in world football to join the club. I'm not so sure Oscar or Conte/Guus/some bloke from Chile have the same draw. 

It's either that or the draw never existed, but i don't believe that. This club is so shit at valuing intangible qualities. 

3 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

No disrespect, but most of the content of your posts on this so far has been based speculative conclusions (he only cares about himself and is manipulating the fans, Iva will be sold anyway, no future manager would want him in the team...etc.) while you have actually failed to address any of the points I've raised in response and just moved onto another point in each post. Not sure how you can subsequently accuse anyone of irrationality.

And since you feel the need to question my personal motivations for this opinion, let me as well tell you that I think you're trying a bit too much to swim against the flow and be controversial.

Last sentence is also obviously false. Of course had we, say, signed a couple of top defenders and JT had found himself on the bench for most of the matches then the reaction of most Chelsea fans would have been VERY different. 

What points have you raised? You've just made emotional post after emotional post. What am I supposed to respond with when you say stuff like John Terry is able to literally take a shit on Chelsea fans and be considered a legend?

I'm not being controversial at all when I say I hate how Lampard and now Terry have gone about their final few months at the club.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

It's hard to unimformed when he betrayed his wife and family. That is a pretty strikingly obvious trait of a person that I don't have much respect for.

Then with all do respect I think you're rather narrow minded when on this matter. You obviously don't know the full circumstances or the motivations. This is in NO way in defense of Terry, it's always an awful thing to do, but if that alone makes him a 'cretin' then we need to redefine how bad cretins are since 57% of men in relationships admit to infidelity: http://www.statisticbrain.com/infidelity-statistics/ 

On the other hand, Terry was always the one to show actual caring for his teammates as well as the players in our youth academy. He more than anyone is always there to lend advice and encouragement as almost any ex or current player would tell you. Now why would a cretin do that?

Obviously people are a lot more complicated than to be judged on a single action or decision.