John Terry

DavidEU

What is it Im missing? 

Terry is past it, the club doesn't think he is at the standard to continue at Chelsea anymore. These type of decisions are made all the time in sports, business, and all walk of life.

the club seriously need to move on from bunch of players.

hopefully this dreadful season serves that, the most positive thing that could happen.

I don't know why some of you are bringing the personal issues in here, we're talking about Terry as a football player, not as a person (I doubt any of you know him personally anyway). Yes, he doesn't seem like the most pleasant guy if you take into the count some of his "scandals".

But...  

For us, he is a football player, a captain - leader of our beloved team. If you show passion, play your heart out every game, leave your blood, sweat and tears on the pitch every single game, then you can even be an average player and most of the fans will love you. But Terry is not average. He's the greatest central back in the history of the PL, best English defender of all times and best Chelsea captain ever. He's 35, but last season was still easily the best defenders. He bleeds blue and loves this club, he is Chelsea. We're not the biggest of clubs in terms of history, but we're creating in it right now and Terry will be regarded as our biggest legend. 

So - you can be the biggest cunt ever in real life for all I care. It doesn't matter.

It is a disgrace the way the board are treating him in this situation. A fucking disgrace. Even if he was shit this season - the new contract shouldn't even be a question.

And the biggest hypocrisy is that they try to make him a villain because he announced this to the fans. Those cunts in our board are afraid of the fan uproar, because fans make football clubs run. They are now scared and are saying that it's up to the new manager, putting unnecessary pressure at the new guy. Why did they then extend Ivanovic's contract then? 

You may call me a sentimental idiot. Maybe, I'm delusional, but I still believe in honor and passion in the game. 

Talking shit about a man is one thing, dragging his parents into it is another one.

You can't choose your parents and furthermore you can't be held responsable for their wrong doings. You know when some people are desperate.

Maybe Terry cheated, maybe not, i think his wife never admitted to these charges, Cole's ex made it clear!

One of the users here once said about an Italian player:

Maybe he should have been a better husband, that says it all, we don't know the whole story so we should not be too judgemental, imo.

Terry is not a racist, an actual court of law found him not guilty, moreover his brothers from another mother Cole and Drogba are his friends and i don't think they would call a racist friend!

So it would be better to accept it instead of going again and again through the same story, imo.

Terry fucked it up in Moscow, that was hard to take, he cried afterwards, that doesn't make up for it, but puts it in perspektive:

he is human afterall, everyone makes mistakes, even the extraterrestial Messi.

Same goes for the game against Barcelona 2012.

Terry had some problems with some of the managers in the past, overall we had lots of glory,

but the Boss demands better.

In my opinion that's why i get where Abramovich is coming from, but i think he should have known better after the fiascos of other legends.

John Terry is one of us and he should stay until the end.

Would Terry put his personal feelings ahead of what's best for the club?

I doubt that, he risked getting some serious health issues with the way he has been playing over the years.

I'm an outsider like most of you, some might say it is 90 percent or higher, but i see how Terry is with his kids in public and how some youth players speak about him, i think he would be great having around, maybe he isn't a tactical mastermind but he can teach you the basics.

He knows what it takes to become one of the best players in the Premier-League, there aren't many better leaders out there.

Hope they all make up their mind and John stays.

Maybe that short text isn't good enough, someone moaned about the recent quality around here,

i sincerely apologise to you, mate.

11 hours ago, Henrique said:

Just was thinking: the club actually never told Terry that his contract won't be renewed, instead said the next manager will decide. So, why did he decide to make everything public? 

1- Other clubs will understand the is available in the summer and his word will atract good offers from the likes of MLS clubs.

2- The next manager will be left in a situation that he will feel forced to give Terry a contract extention to win over fans.

Its a win or win situation.

This is exactly what I wanted to say. But the board also forgot that they have to treat Terry different from the rest. He's Chelsea through and through and should be offered a role in Chelsea. 

Get Terry a contract, he can always come from the bench in future because his advice is more valuable than someone else occupying the bench. 

My main annoyance about the situation though, is the thought of ivanovic as our captain next season. It does my head in :doh:

Some time has passed and the more I think about it, the more it makes sense provided the club are saying the truth about waiting for the new manager's input. Even with Ivanovic's case it makes sense at the moment due to having a resale value in case the manager doesn't want him either. I think JT might have played with our emotions a bit ("I won't be retiring at Chelsea"), or the other possible explanation is that the club is backtracking or JT just misunderstood the situation. Anyway, there is still hope.

Funny how you all act like you never cheated or the thought crossed your mind .... I am also pretty sure some of you call people 'niggers' and 'retards' online too. But hey, it's always bad when someone else does this. Fuck the board.

12 minutes ago, manpe said:

Some time has passed and the more I think about it, the more it makes sense provided the club are saying the truth about waiting for the new manager's input. Even with Ivanovic's case it makes sense at the moment due to having a resale value in case the manager doesn't want him either. I think JT might have played with our emotions a bit ("I won't be retiring at Chelsea"), or the other possible explanation is that the club is backtracking or JT just misunderstood the situation. Anyway, there is still hope.

Tbf, until the truth comes out one way or the other, I would take JT's direct quotes over the calculated response of some faceless PR employee of the club supposedly 'leaking' what happened to a single journalist. 

9 hours ago, Peace. said:

That being said, it still baffles me that I have to go in length to explain a post that was apparently well enough written for a few people to understand — or maybe they actually read my post — while the vast majority of the members of this forum are having a field day for two months now, and all they do is to insult a Chelsea's employee and to label the Club and its board as classless and disrespectful and all — and everything is good for them... But oh well..

Maybe some people simply disagree with you on a rational level for footballing reasons. C’est la vie...

8 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Fine, if we take loyalty out of the equation, where does practicality come in?

In a team already short of quality and tactical nous, why take out the the most regular starting member of the back 4? If its left for assessment of the new manager (who we're not even sure will last beyond 6 months) , why did the same rule not apply to Ivanovic who was easily one of, if not the most under-performing player of the season?

I understand your opinion on Ivanovic, but you can't deny that that contract extension makes this situation with Terry look more strange.

He might be the most regular starting member now but will he be starting for us next season ? I don't think so.

Don't you think it's fair though that the manager gets to decide his squad when he shoulders the main blame if it goes wrong ?

Because he has resale value. We can sell him if the manager doesn't want Ivanovic.

Also giving Ivanovic a contract means no other club can pick him up for free. We have control over the situation. If another team wants him they would have to pay and we can sell him if the manager doesn't need him.

1 hour ago, CHOULO19 said:

Tbf, until the truth comes out one way or the other, I would take JT's direct quotes over the calculated response of some faceless PR employee of the club supposedly 'leaking' what happened to a single journalist. 

Ah yes ofcourse, two sides tell their story. The first side tells his story, you go absolutely nuts (suggesting a boycot of a major game, calling it an outrage and insulting the board).

Other side comes out with their story a day later, you go hold on let's think about this, they might be lying (or twisting things) for their own best interest. :lol:

Maybe you should apply that thinking to Terry's version of the story aswell ?