test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

5,711 posts in this topic
No, we will meet the quota. Since the club is not registering 25 players, they don't need to have 8 home grown players in the squad

Cahill Moses Fabregas are the only Home grown players at the moment among 15 senior players (Christensen is U-21). The club can add five more non-homegrown players and still submit a 20-man Premier League squad. This is my understanding anyway

Yea my understanding is the same. That we don't actually need a certain number of homegrown, but instead that there is a limit on how many non-homegrown. So it is that we can have 17 non-homegrown players. Then if you want players on your roster they have tobe homegrown (a max of 7, or unlimited U-21).

I think it was@tomo who explained that Eduardo actually doesn't necessarily take up a spot either. That he can just not be registered, and if we need him cause injuries then we can use some emergency rule and switch him with another non-homegrown player.

RoyalBlues likes this

To be fair I'm surprised he's still here. 

If he stays here I see we will do good in the PL. 

I doubt we will have a season like that of two ago.  

Simon Johnson‏ @sjstandardsport

Conte continues to work players hard.#cfc were due to fly to China at 2pm today but he squeezed in another double training session instead.

8 hours ago, Strike said:

GK: Courtois, Caballero, Eduardo

DEF: Moses, Azpilicueta, Luiz, Christensen, Rudiger, Cahill, Alonso

MID: Kante, Fabregas, Bakayoko

FWD: Batshuayi, Pedro, Willian

There are just SIXTEEN senior players at the club. I think it's time to ask - What the fuck is happening?

Seventeen, not cool omitting Hazard :(

Strike likes this

Think Musonda, Baker and Kenedy willl be part of the squad next season. Maybe 1 or 2 between Pasalic, Kalas, Omeruo will be there too. So we're not that 'thin' though. Might just need to sign a striker and RWB and we've got enough 23 players, outside our U21 players.

we got Conte until 2021 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼!!! Antonioooooooo

IIRC his first contract was 2016-2019 and now with this new 2 year deal that takes him to 2021. Pretty good if you ask me, they were never going to extend much longer than that anyways

It's not 2 year extention. It's 2 year deal. Till 2019. The only meaning of that is probably a higher salary.

xPetrCechx likes this

It sounds like this contract replaces the 2 years he had left? Why wouldn't they call it an extension?

3 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

IIRC his first contract was 2016-2019 and now with this new 2 year deal that takes him to 2021. Pretty good if you ask me, they were never going to extend much longer than that anyways

2 minutes ago, Rekin said:

Most likely an extension of two years rather than a two year contract.

Don't think so. he signed a three year contract last year, now he will get more money in his last 2 years.