The Conte Thread

I find it funny when the journos sometimes create these 'manager' ratings, comparing their performance in different categories, and then try to classify Conte as someone who is too naive to engage in mind-games and the lot, because he's too 'gentlemanly'.

What I see in Conte, is someone who is very shrewd and very carefully chooses his battles. Doesn't tell the press more than what is needed and can be pointed in his response.

5 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

I find it funny when the journos sometimes create these 'manager' ratings, comparing their performance in different categories, and then try to classify Conte as someone who is too naive to engage in mind-games and the lot, because he's too 'gentlemanly'.

Can you link to any such articles?

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I hope we are looking into extending his 3 year contract!

Can anyone tell me why hes not nominated for Jan MOTM?

Its Clement,Poch,Koeman and Hughes.

I'll give mine to Hughes for his 3 under rated years with us.

Antonio won November and December, if he were nominated it would've undoubtedly be a three-peat for the gaffer. But I guess the FA wanted to give other coaches a chance to win one. :blush:

1 hour ago, zakhov said:

Antonio won November and December, if he were nominated it would've undoubtedly be a three-peat for the gaffer. But I guess the FA wanted to give other coaches a chance to win one. :blush:

Where were you in October when he won it?  slap.gif

Conte%20sig.jpg

7 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Where were you in October when he won it?  slap.gif

Conte%20sig.jpg

Oopps, I was pretty sure Klopp won October for some reason, didn't realize he already got the hat-trick. But his chances for January was hurt by that loss to Spurs.

18 hours ago, manpe said:

Can you link to any such articles?

I tried searching but I'm having trouble finding the actual article that I read, because I can't recall the newspaper source. It was from 2016, close to the start of the season

The only comparison that explicitly mentions mind games, that I've been able to find now is this blog, although the author here gives a different kind of reasoning for his ranking.

http://www.discountfootballkits.com/blog/the-battle-of-the-managers-201617-season/

Also ironically, in the last couple of days there have been articles that have come saying how mind games are no longer a thing.