The Conte Thread

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Yes mate and of course this is his right to use or not use players he thinks good enough. So he obviously doesn't think of him on our level.

It would be interesting tho to find out if HE recomended buying him or even agreed to it.

But either way I cant see him not using the lad IF he was good enough just to make a point.  He seems like the kinda manager that you know exactly where you stand with him.

Just a shame with the subbing.

Costa is much better, but Bats in the very start of season wasnt bad at all for the time he got. But after few games, Conte stopped playing him at all and those 2min subs made it even worse.

While Conte was amazing so far, his man management with Bats is terrible.

I'm starting to think that going in the future Conte will be similar to SAF. 

Very good in league cup competitions but not so great in cups like CL and what not. I mean look at the big games how he fare not just so far with us but in Juventus. 

If that's the case I might not be that bad just as long as we continue to win the PL. Because I mean how many years of dominance SAF had with United in the league but CL always failed. 

58 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Very good in league cup competitions but not so great in cups like CL and what not. I mean look at the big games how he fare not just so far with us but in Juventus. 

If that's the case I might not be that bad just as long as we continue to win the PL. Because I mean how many years of dominance SAF had with United in the league but CL always failed. 

He went to CL finals a couple times. 

32 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

He went to CL finals a couple times. 

Saf was usually bad tactical in the big games. 

That's what I seen so far with Conte. But in order to win the league you have win the game against the smaller team, something Liverpool has a problem with. 

I think Conte might be like that. Good at league but not so good on cup competitions. 

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Very, very early to say anything about this. First season with Juventus they did not play any European competition, second season in charge they met Heynckes' Bayern machine (while having Quagriarela and Vucinic as the two forwards) and the third season was unlucky if you ask me. Yes, they did not manage to go out of the group stages, but if you remember the Copenhagen and Galatasaray matches, Juventus was totally unlucky and missed tons and tons of chances. Maybe Conte's fault, too, but not entirely IMHO - it is said that a manager's job is to help his team get as close as possible to the opposing goal, from there on is the players' job to finish the article. 

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

I don't see how you can deduce all of that from Antonio's two thirds of a season at Chelsea.

In any case, SAF reached three Champions League finals, winning two of them. How many teams did better than that during his spell at Manchester United? Some, but not many. That might be fewer than he'd have liked, but it isn't outright failure.

I also wonder what cups count as "and what not" because he had some achievements there too. If Antonio won 12 Premier League titles, plus multiple other trophies, we'd be so happy.

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/exclusive-juventus-coach-tells-friends-he-s-going-to-arsenal-92820?utm_content=buffer8ac29&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Exclusive: Juventus Coach tells friends he's going to Arsenal

It seems like Allegri wants to become the new Arsenal manager. Going to be Conte VS Allegri. Interesting.

Some fans already started the Conte vs Allegri debate.

You're a fool to think that Allegri is the better manager out of them two. Conte laid the foundations for this current Juventus team and Allegri is making profit of it. Not saying Allegri is a bad manager but come on... Conte all day. 

55 minutes ago, Darogba said:

I thought he'd go to Barcelona as they look like sacking Enrique. If he does come though, next season should be even more epic. Conte, Allegri, Mourinho and guardiola. 

Don't forget Flopp from Liverpool.

Not even worth sharing as Tuttosport makes The Sun look reliable. 

But if it happens, well, then I'm done with football lol. 

Can't blame him when you have Michael Emenalo as director of football...

EDIT: Conte is no saint by the way. People shouldn't forget he left Juventus on their first pre-season day in 2014 out of the blue. He didn't leave because he was going to auto-join the Italy NT. And he has once said that he is a professional and could manage Inter Milan one day even as a Juventino.

1 hour ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Not even worth sharing as Tuttosport makes The Sun look reliable. 

But if it happens, well, then I'm done with football lol. 

Can't blame him when you have Michael Emenalo as director of football...

Thing is we never bloody know WTF is going on behind the scenes. With the supposed extra year contract coming just before this you just ont know.

But I couldn't imagine theyre being owt to it not after 1 year. I would think the Don would like to see how he could take us thru Europe with a good summer transfer window hopefully.

And if there is some sort of power struggle with Emenalos ego then that I could understand. It would answer Bats and the winter transfers.

Antonio Conte reportedly agrees to quit Chelsea after £51m contract offer

There's no such thing as loyalty in football and don't forget he's not here because he loves the club despite his wild celebrations. whatever happens I'll thank him for restoring our pride after the disaster of Mourinho's final year but the club will move on.

also can we please stop blaming Emenalo for everything? Abramovich is in charge of the club and he knows more than anyone how important having a good manager is. I seriously doubt he'd let some so called "power struggle" to make us lose probably the best manager in the world right now. 

57 minutes ago, Darogba said:

There's no such thing as loyalty in football and don't forget he's not here because he loves the club despite his wild celebrations. whatever happens I'll thank him for restoring our pride after the disaster of Mourinho's final year but the club will move on.

also can we please stop blaming Emenalo for everything? Abramovich is in charge of the club and he knows more than anyone how important having a good manager is. I seriously doubt he'd let some so called "power struggle" to make us lose probably the best manager in the world right now. 

True but it would really hurt as a fan if he suddenly leaves us in the summer for Inter. IF he truly is homesick or anything, I cannot blame him for returning to Italy, but he looks like the perfect manager to stay for the long term...but like I said he terminated his contract with Juve out of the blue in 2014 so you never know with Conte. People that know him well also say he's not the type of guy who stays for a long period at a club.

Ah who knows. This whole Conte to Inter thing is pure speculation.

1 minute ago, BoyBlue96 said:

True but it would really hurt as a fan if he suddenly leaves us in the summer for Inter. IF he truly is homesick or anything, I cannot blame him for returning to Italy, but he looks like the perfect manager to stay for the long term...but like I said he terminated his contract with Juve out of the blue in 2014 so you never know with Conte. People that know him well also say he's not the type of guy who stays for a long period at a club.

I've known birds who have had longer periods than some managers have held jobs!

We need him to stay long enough to instill a footballing charachter into us that works for us. Give us the spine and main trunk of players to work that formation so WHEN/IF he does leave we bring in a manager capable to carry our character on instead of changing the whole squad to fit him.

7 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I've known birds who have had longer periods than some managers have held jobs!

We need him to stay long enough to instill a footballing charachter into us that works for us. Give us the spine and main trunk of players to work that formation so WHEN/IF he does leave we bring in a manager capable to carry our character on instead of changing the whole squad to fit him.

Conte is no Bielsa luckily. We'll see. I doubt he'll leave us this summer but I also don't think he's going to stick around for, lets's say, 4 more years.

Even though I hope so as I absolutely love the man.

29 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Agree. I think three years would be perfect and as a juve legend I'm not even sure why he would go there. I also don't buy that he misses Italy. The country is literally a few hours from here and he can and does go there a few times a week. It's not like he's on the other side of the world.

anyway fingers crossed it's all rubbish.