The Mourinho Thread

I was talking only about the United game in particular, but as for the rest of the games Peppen is right.

Just look at how many chances this team puts to waste. Do you remember the countless times this season, when we took a 1-0 lead and failed to finish off the opposition? And how many times that has come back to bite us?

Its no wonder Jose is being very precautions, he just doesn't trust our team enough to hold out attacks for long. And the problem arises mainly because, we have been poor at finishing, missing the better pass at the final third, and of course, not having a striker with the right caliber.

You do have a good point there mate. I will definitely take that into consideration :) but in that game against United our finishing wasn't exactly poor.....

You do have a good point there mate. I will definitely take that into consideration :) but in that game against United our finishing wasn't exactly poor.....

Thanks, but the thing is we're not well equipped to hold back opposition teams for too long, and definitely not a team with United's attacking potential. We did take a 3 goal lead, but there was still a good portion of the game to go. One goal from United could have changed the tone of the match, but fortunately Hernandez's goal came really late.

Whilst I wish we hadn't just kept piling on defensive midfielders like Mikel and Luiz to make our attack blunt, I can totally understand Mourinho's need to change the team mindset to protect the result.

Jose Mourinho is already looking forward to the challenge that awaits him and his squad next season. Since returning to Stamford Bridge in the summer our manager has maintained his focus is on improving both the individual and collective abilities of his squad. If this is achieved Mourinho expects he will be able to declare us legitimate title challengers by the start of the next campaign, and looking ahead to this summer and beyond, he explained it is something he is relishing.

'I am enjoying building a team and building for the future,' he said.

'I am enjoying not working just for today. I'm enjoying not starting again next season with another team, spending a lot of money, bringing in and selling a lot of other players. I'm enjoying this very much.

'I don't enjoy being the underdog, so I'm going to enjoy next season more when my work as a coach and the club's work is going to have a sequence - to start next season and immediately say we are candidates. That is our challenge. The education these players are having during this season allows them in the next pre-season to be face-to-face with an opponent and say "we are the same as you, we want to win as much as you".

'I see this summer as a very quiet summer for me and for the club: finish this season, work a couple of weeks to prepare the details of pre-season, one, maximum two signings and one or two to leave because they want to play more. I see a very quiet and calm summer.'

Mourinho may not envisage a particularly busy summer for himself or the club, but the World Cup in Brazil - which starts in a little over four months' time - will ensure the footballing fraternity will have something to feast on when the domestic action takes a break. Ashley Cole is hoping to feature in his fourth World Cup for England and despite no longer being guaranteed a starting place at Chelsea our manager underlined why he believes our left-back warrants a spot in Roy Hodgson's squad.

'I think the national team managers in every country know who are the best players, who are the players they trust and who are the players that were important during qualification. I don't think they are influenced much by the fact a player is playing a lot or not so much,' assessed Mourinho.

'Ashley is playing well for us. Okay, he is not playing every game but when he plays he is playing well and I think that is what Roy Hodgson needs to feel and needs to know.

'At the moment our team is playing very well from a defensive point of view. We've found some balance. On our left side we have Eden, a very offensive winger that plays very wide, and we have stability with Azpilicueta being behind him as a strong defender. On the right side it's different because we have a winger who comes inside a lot and a right-back that is going forward, so we are finding the balances.

'I believe more in stability and knowing the player and what they can give you in high pressure situations like a World Cup. It's not my problem, it's Roy's problem, but I think he goes for stability and takes Ashley and Leighton Baines who are the left-backs that helped the team qualify.'

I was talking only about the United game in particular, but as for the rest of the games Peppen is right.

Just look at how many chances this team puts to waste. Do you remember the countless times this season, when we took a 1-0 lead and failed to finish off the opposition? And how many times that has come back to bite us?

Its no wonder Jose is being very precautions, he just doesn't trust our team enough to hold out attacks for long. And the problem arises mainly because, we have been poor at finishing, missing the better pass at the final third, and of course, not having a striker with the right caliber.02

Exactly! :clap:

In madrid, mourinho was more attacking because they had clinical finishers like ronaldo who doesn't miss as much as our attack put together.

If we had a vanpersie/cavani, mourinho won't need to secure leads since he'll be confident of us taking our chances and killing off games

My word, I love this man. It's great, because the amount of people who will get butthurt by Mourinho constantly talking about spending money and FFP. He does have a point because, unbeknownst to the ignorant, we were able to pay off a lot of our debt due to our SUCCESS. What have City won with the millions they've spent? 2 trophies? Oh, and not being able to get out of their CL group two years in a row and losing a FA Cup final to a relegated team? And they're saying that's enough to balance the books for FFP? Please, pull the other one.

Jose Mourinho issues FFP warning ahead of Manchester City clash

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho believes it will be "impossible" for clubs to compete with Manchester City if Financial Fair Play is not enforced.

City's vast spending in an era of Financial Fair Play has come in for repeated veiled criticism from Mourinho, who is keen to see how the economic regulations are explained and enforced by UEFA.

"If they (football's authorities) want to make it impossible to compete with City, it's impossible," he said. "Chelsea are not competing outside what is important for us, the 'fair' Financial Fair Play.

"We are working, thinking and believing that Financial Fair Play is going to be in practice. "So there are things that are impossible for us (to do)."

Mourinho, whose Chelsea team face City in a crucial top-of-the-table battle on Monday night, speaks from experience after recruiting many players for large sums during his first spell as Chelsea boss at the start of Roman Abramovich's Russian revolution.

When Mourinho first worked in England he admits "it was a free world". He added: "There was no Financial Fair Play. If your club was a rich one, your owner a rich one, there were no rules. It was an open situation." It meant Chelsea were unpopular, but City are attracting admirers with their attacking brand of football.

Mourinho said: "In my time we were accused of buying the title, no? Because our owner was Mr Abramovich, just arrived in the country. Maybe now people see City in a different way. "

Times change. Maybe 10 years ago a huge investment in the club was something that people hated and in this moment it's something people accept in a different way.

"Probably, if UEFA goes with Financial Fair Play until the last consequence and they explain really to the people what Financial Fair Play means, maybe in that moment people will realise that some teams are different to other teams.

"But it's something I don't think about at this moment."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9148301/jose-mourinho-issues-ffp-warning-ahead-of-manchester-city-clash

My word, I love this man. It's great, because the amount of people who will get butthurt by Mourinho constantly talking about spending money and FFP. He does have a point because, unbeknownst to the ignorant, we were able to pay off a lot of our debt due to our SUCCESS. What have City won with the millions they've spent? 2 trophies? Oh, and not being able to get out of their CL group two years in a row and losing a FA Cup final to a relegated team? And they're saying that's enough to balance the books for FFP? Please, pull the other one.

Jose Mourinho issues FFP warning ahead of Manchester City clash

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9148301/jose-mourinho-issues-ffp-warning-ahead-of-manchester-city-clash

I'm confuse.

I don't understand what's the main point of this?

Is mourinho stating that ffp is a joke?

I'm confuse.

I don't understand what's the main point of this?

Is mourinho stating that ffp is a joke?

No, he's saying that when push comes to shove, UEFA are more than likely going to overlook Man City's blatant fiddling of the books. Out of all of the top teams in the PL over the last 3 seasons, they have spent well above what they should have. Mou is just saying he hopes UEFA take a tough stance if City are found to have flaunted the FFP regulations & kick them out of Europe next season or something, but he doubts it.

No, he's saying that when push comes to shove, UEFA are more than likely going to overlook Man City's blatant fiddling of the books. Out of all of the top teams in the PL over the last 3 seasons, they have spent well above what they should have. Mou is just saying he hopes UEFA take a tough stance if City are found to have flaunted the FFP regulations & kick them out of Europe next season or something, but he doubts it.

So yes, pretty much stating that ffp is a joke.

Cause if it was real there's no point in saying that.

Well that's not new, we already knew that.

I know he likes to entertain but maybe Mourinho should just keep his mouth shut sometimes. He and fellow fans criticized Lukaku for speaking too much to the media but Mourinho is doing the exact same thing and is sounding bitter and hypocritical imo. For instance regarding West Ham's defensive style and cannot see why he is pointing out City's spending. We are the ones who started the lavish spending and Man City just followed after. Sounds really hypocritical and some of his statements just sound stupid. Just get on with the job please Jose and stop entertaining the media.

I know he likes to entertain but maybe Mourinho should just keep his mouth shut sometimes. He and fellow fans criticized Lukaku for speaking too much to the media but Mourinho is doing the exact same thing and is sounding bitter and hypocritical imo. For instance regarding West Ham's defensive style and cannot see why he is pointing out City's spending. We are the ones who started the lavish spending and Man City just followed after. Sounds really hypocritical and some of his statements just sound stupid. Just get on with the job please Jose and stop entertaining the media.

whu "parked the bus". chelsea under mourinho has not parked the bus. we play counter attacking football. against united we had equal number of shots on target, against arsenal we had double the shots on target and double the total shots taken. tells u a lot about the "tactics" and "stratergies" used.

also mou is not critisizing city over their spending but their failure to comply with FFP. they made a 50mil loss last season and about 95mil loss in the season before. to comply with FFP rules, u need to have losses no more than 38mil, is it even possible that city can do it? NO!!! they are making mockery out of it and jose is questioning them on it!!! absolutely nothing wrong.

We went with a defensive minded attitude and his comments about West Ham were hypocritical. They parked the bus but obviously with a much inferior squad they would find it harder to have more shots at goal so his comments were not necessary. Against Arsenal we had chances to win the game but to say Mourinho did not look for the draw is untrue. We were defensive minded and that was obvious by the changes he made in the last 15 mins of the game. We have made many losses over the last 2 seasons and have spent almost the same as them if not more than City so it seems weird that he has made those comments.

I am not criticizing Mourinho's style of play btw but his comments about West Ham was completely hypocritical and I will reiterate that we and City have not done much different regarding the financial regulations.

whu "parked the bus". chelsea under mourinho has not parked the bus. we play counter attacking football. against united we had equal number of shots on target, against arsenal we had double the shots on target and double the total shots taken. tells u a lot about the "tactics" and "stratergies" used.

also mou is not critisizing city over their spending but their failure to comply with FFP. they made a 50mil loss last season and about 95mil loss in the season before. to comply with FFP rules, u need to have losses no more than 38mil, is it even possible that city can do it? NO!!! they are making mockery out of it and jose is questioning them on it!!! absolutely nothing wrong.

Is just that is not as cut clear as you put it. The 38mil is not enough.

The rules state that If there's a progress that will be good. Just by the numbers you gave there's progress as it has gone down.

The real problem is the stadium sponsored by etihad.

This is the one that needs to be question because it's making all the difference.

Well about city's spending. He's got a point no ? Most teams are abiding by the FFP but City clearly have no intentions of doing so.

Also when we spent lots of money there was no rule saying that we couldn't. Now we've got the FFP.

Mourinho is who he is we all know he likes to play mindgames. He doesn't give a damn about being called a hypocrite as the only thing he's concerned with is his own team.

He'll use anything he can to destabillize or piss opponents of if he thinks that would help his team win.

Well about city's spending. He's got a point no ? Most teams are abiding by the FFP but City clearly have no intentions of doing so.

Also when we spent lots of money there was no rule saying that we couldn't. Now we've got the FFP.

Mourinho is who he is we all know he likes to play mindgames. He doesn't give a damn about being called a hypocrite as the only thing he's concerned with is his own team.

He'll use anything he can to destabillize or piss opponents of if he thinks that would help his team win.

I know we have sold players etc but my point is even for the last 2 seasons have we not spent around the same as them if not more and tbh I am not sure if their income is accpeted by FFP but at the same times I have heard we are sticking to the FFP rules but can it be 100% to say we have complied to the rules much more than City have? That is my biggest concern because while I don't know the ins and outs of it but City reitirated that they are fully confident they will pass the FFP rules and they have got rid of all their debt as well.