The Mourinho Thread

Are there anymore "reliable" and "unreliable" sources? As much as I know very few papers are considered reliable, and even those which are are printing shit now taken from unreliable sources (for example Sky Sports used to be reputable, but they've been printing bollocks taken from tabloids for a long time now).

I think we should drop this "unreliable" and "reliable" bullshit and take everything as is. The press always have their agendas, which makes them all unreliable to a degree, until they have trustworthy and confirmed sources. 95% of articles don't have that, so in that sense Sky, BBC etc. aren't better than all the Bilds, Marcas and Daily Mails of the world.

Tbf I'm sick of reading all the comments like "Goal.com? bullshit. Daily Fail? bullshit." and so on, everybody knows that already, there is no way for us to distinguish what's truth and what's not... it's hit and miss and always has been. Discussing rumours has never been based on reliability to be honest. It's partly entertainment, partly wishful thinking, very rarely the truth.

Fair enough, my point is just over the years i've found the telegraph to be a pretty good source.

Luiz has shown himself to be a leader and to be fair, he has won the Champions League. In fact he was apparently crocked in that match but played anyway and did us all proud.

If he isn't captain material then who is in the current squad?

Cech - I'm not a massive fan of keepers being captain, but he's a good shout.

Mata - leads by example but not the most vocal player on the pitch.

And that's it.

I have nothing against Luiz. He might be "captain material" - I cannot judge that before he actually shows he is capable of handling this kind of responsibility. But is his English good enough?

Cech on the other hand often calms people down and would (possibly) be more respected by the younger players. Then again, it's just a personal opinion - but if not Cech then I'd rather see Cahill or Cole in that role.

I have nothing against Luiz. He might be "captain material" - I cannot judge that before he actually shows he is capable of handling this kind of responsibility. But is his English good enough?

Cech on the other hand often calms people down and would (possibly) be more respected by the younger players. Then again, it's just a personal opinion - but if not Cech then I'd rather see Cahill or Cole in that role.

But if you think Luiz isn't capable why do you think Cahill is? Luiz has done more than Cahill has for this club.

Luiz is one of the few players in the team who drive the team on, he has to be one of the prime contenders for captaincy, definitely over Cahill. The only thing that's holding Luiz back is probably his English, which isn't even that bad right now, but he can improve that.

Cahill shouldn't even be considered IMO simply because he's not even one of our starting players.

What has Cahill done to be captain? Is it because he is English? Is it because he is a CB? Is it because he will automatically become World Class like JT if he is handed the armband?

Nothing against Gazza but it's easy to have high standards after a decade of JT as captain.

But if you think Luiz isn't capable why do you think Cahill is? Luiz has done more than Cahill has for this club.

Luiz is one of the few players in the team who drive the team on, he has to be one of the prime contenders for captaincy, definitely over Cahill. The only thing that's holding Luiz back is probably his English, which isn't even that bad right now, but he can improve that.

Cahill shouldn't even be considered IMO simply because he's not even one of our starting players.

But I'm not saying he is not capable - I'm saying I cannot judge whether he is or isn't capable. But yes, I have some concerns and would personally prefer a more mature player.

The reason I mentioned Cahill and Cole is mainly because they're English and more familiar with the culture/unspoken rules of English football.

March 2, 2013 :

"I said to Dutch television that I might stop at the end of the season, but we have other options to go on with [Anzhi].

"And regarding other clubs, I'm 66 now and will be 67 in autumn. As long as I feel energetic and I'm not becoming an old, bitter, sour man, then I can go on. But I cannot predict where I am next season."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8533284/Guus-Hiddink-refuses-to-rule-out-returning-to-Chelsea-as-manager

April 29, 2013 :

"I will not retire from football," he said Sunday, adding that he had yet to decide what he would do next season.

"What I will do, it's up in the upcoming time. Now it's better to talk about Anzhi - what we can do in the time left in the league, in the cup, rather than focusing on what will happen in the future. We will see."

http://www.business-standard.com/article/news-ians/hiddink-rules-out-retirement-113042900236_1.html

March 2, 2013 :

April 29, 2013 :

Oh, so Hiddink isn't retiring? I would probably prefer Mourinho and him equally then. The short time Hiddink was with us... well, I wanted to see him longer, still do. He was the only manager post-Mourinho who commanded respect and authority in my opinion. He had this leader's presence about him.

E: On the other hand it would feel more right if I saw Jose in the dugout shouting and waving, so I guess I prefer him a bit more than Guus.

Luiz has shown himself to be a leader and to be fair, he has won the Champions League. In fact he was apparently crocked in that match but played anyway and did us all proud.

If he isn't captain material then who is in the current squad?

Cech - I'm not a massive fan of keepers being captain, but he's a good shout.

Mata - leads by example but not the most vocal player on the pitch.

And that's it.

I agree:

Cech would be the obvious captain, but having the captain be the keeper, makes 0 sense as they can't leave goal to sort things out, and it just doesn't help the team that much.

Cahill isn't a regular starter, and i am still not keen on him being captain.

Ash would be short term.

Mata just seems to quiet. He rarely will get in someones face and give them an earful and i can't see him bossing anyone around.

Mikel... Not for me

Luiz is young has great potential, can be a fixture in the squad for a long period of time, is very likeable to the fans, is respected by the players, and would be a suitable choice. He isn't exactly a John Terry, but who is.