The Mourinho Thread

Not much in reaction to the recent result, but I do hope we bring in someone before the end of the summer transfer window. I don't care who, but at least someone to reinforce any one of the key areas of the pitch.

You cannot go into a new season with the same starting 11 from last season, and expect to have the same or even better results. Statistically impossible. You're basically asking all of the same set of players who did well last season, to match or even better their performances this season, and that's extremely unlikely in all probability. Which is why you need reinforcements. Someone to challenge for one of the key starting positions, to prevent the team play from becoming stale.

After the end of last season, I remember Mourinho remarking that he would be looking to reinforce 3 areas: Striker, midfield and defender. Now it seems he's settling for using one of the reserves coming back from loan or from the youth academy. If that's the case, he needs to give more game time and confidence to see if they can really make a difference, instead of persisting with the same old tired, starting 11.and only giving them cameo appearances.

I CM yes, but I don't see the need for an AM... Willian showed to carry on from where he stopped last season and he had even less time for pre-season, which is a great positive. Hazard is a bit of a slow starter, but still he can do things like the goal against Barça. Then with Oscar, Moses and even Traoré as options for the other position, I don't think we're that bad. It's much worse in defense and CM imo... I don't see us bring another attacker and I honestly don't have it as a concern.

What worries me now is Costa injured. Remy doesn't usually do well against Arsenal, so I think he can do a job against Swansea if Costa is out. The problem is if Costa is out a big part of the season. If with 3 pre-season matches he got injured, what are we supposed to wait for the regular season? I'm still backing up the medical department, but it's still worrying. Falcao didn't impress me, but it definitely isn't worse than DD last season, so it's even. I just wish we could have Costa more present this season, not even less.

I'd like another option for the three. Someone to offer some real competition to Oscar and Willian. I'd like Pedro. Mostly because of his profile, with his off the ball running, ability to get into the box (how often do we see just 1 player, the striker, inside the box?) and good finishing.

Moses and Cuadrado don't fill me with confidence and I doubt Traore can make much of an impact this season.

I honestly think Costa was spared this game. This game wasn't important enough to possibly aggrevate his hamstrings. We can only hope he'll stay fit for the great majority of the season

I'd like another option for the three. Someone to offer some real competition to Oscar and Willian. I'd like Pedro. Mostly because of his profile, with his off the ball running, ability to get into the box (how often do we see just 1 player, the striker, inside the box?) and good finishing.

Moses and Cuadrado don't fill me with confidence and I doubt Traore can make much of an impact this season.

I honestly think Costa was spared this game. This game wasn't important enough to possibly aggrevate his hamstrings. We can only hope he'll stay fit for the great majority of the season

wow I even forgot Cuadrado is part of the squad, that's how bad he is :P

I still wouldn't worry about attacking players now. The defense and especially CM worries me though.

wow I even forgot Cuadrado is part of the squad, that's how bad he is :P

I still wouldn't worry about attacking players now. The defense and especially CM worries me though.

Says quite a lot about Mourinho's faith in Cuadrado that he didn't use him against Arsenal, despite returning to pre-season at the same time with Falcao and Willian.

Reading Mourinho complained about Arsenal's game plan, is this true?

he's not complaining, he's supporting it. He said he thinks it's a valid game plan, that the media is the one who normally thinks otherwise...

He's being ironic and baiting the media to talk shit about how Arsene set his team, which we obviously know they won't do, they only say shit when we do it.

We need fullbacks and DM. Attacking player not needed at all. I don't know when people will realize our attacking problems are more related with tactics than the quality of players.

I get what you're saying but I also think it's a bit of both.

he's not complaining, he's supporting it. He said he thinks it's a valid game plan, that the media is the one who normally thinks otherwise...

He's being ironic and baiting the media to talk shit about how Arsene set his team, which we obviously know they won't do, they only say shit when we do it.

I'm just looking for an article with his quotes. Would be strange if he complained.

I'm just looking for an article with his quotes. Would be strange if he complained.

from the link above

‘For me it depends on the perspective,’ our manager said. ‘Normally you [the media] like to say a team that is defensive and defends very well doesn’t deserve to win.

‘But I also have my opinion, different from your opinion. My opinion is the team that defends very well, that leaves their philosophy in the dressing room, changes their attitude, plays all the second half with nine players in front of the box, doesn’t concede and scores one goal, from that perspective they deserve to win.

‘This is football. This is very good tactical organisation. Congratulations to them.’

Maybe we will sell Ramires, Mikel and Cuodrado to some Turkish league side and buy very good cm's who accepts just squad player role and world class goalscoring right wing, because Moses, Willian, Cuadrodo and Ramires is not good enough.

again the same bullshit from jose... better team lose blah blah blah...

I was there. The better team did lose - Arsenal made us look like... Arsenal when they play Chelsea. For vast spells of the game we were in charge and if Oscar started I reckon we would have found a way through.

I was there. The better team did lose - Arsenal made us look like... Arsenal when they play Chelsea. For vast spells of the game we were in charge and if Oscar started I reckon we would have found a way through.

Disagree with this. Saying Chelsea was the better team is the same as Arsenal fans saying they were better when Chelsea sit back. No team was really superior but Cech did practically nothing this game. Courtois had the busier day.