test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

6,422 posts in this topic

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/07/02/ruben-loftus-cheek-agrees-new-long-term-chelsea-contract/

As reported by Telegraph Sport, Lampard agreed his Chelsea return on Monday but had to wait for the club to arrange the final details of his £4million compensation fee with Derby County ahead of an announcement.

Lampard will start work in time to oversee the return of some members of the first-team squad for pre-season training on Friday, ahead of taking those who have returned to Dublin next week.

Chelsea play two games in Dublin, against Bohemians next Wednesday night and St Patrick’s on Saturday July 13, before travelling to Japan where Lampard’s team will face Kawasaki Frontale and Barcelona.

Lampard will be joined by assistant Jody Morris and fitness coach Chris Jones, who have both moved from Derby back to Chelsea with him, and Joe Edwards is set to be promoted to the first-team coaching staff from the Academy.

Johnnyeye, Fernando, manpe and 1 other like this

One legend departs, another legend returns, to unearth the next.

Its poetic. Its destiny. Its Chelsea.

Johnnyeye likes this

What I like the most about these appointments (Lampard, Morris, Edwards, Cech) is that there will be no doubts that their hearts will be in it, they are true blue and every decision will be made for the best of Chelsea. Unlike earlier managers and coaches, where you could question their desire and motives at times, this time it will not be in doubt. Hopefully this is the right move and great things will come.

The problem with Lamps appointment is that the decision came from our club being sort of forced to do it due to ban and everything. The decision didnt came because the board would deliberately set a new plan with Lamps, youth etc.

Why?

If things go south, we will sack Lamps and just appoint the next man that will reduce the damage. And he might be someone completely opposite of integrating youth. That collapses all the faith young players have who just signed/will sign extensions because of Lamps appointment.

If Lamps appointment and youth integration was our core plan, we might replace Lamps eventualy, we could buy players etc, but that core plan would still be there. Youth would get the chance.

Now its all just a short term fix because thats the easiest and best way to go right now due to ban. Next summer we could change the narrative again and start buying players left and right. Because why not. Lets just pretend they never gave young players promises they will get the chance now that Lamps, Morris are at the club with plan to give youth a chance. 

Last year was Sarriball, this year is youth integration, next year we might revert to pragmatic manager again. 

If we appointed Lamps, it better be because we have set the new long term plan with youth and not just because this is a flavour of the month and best getaway for this season.

I can't believe this.

First Chelsea tell us it will be this Monday, then it would be Monday or Tuesday, then it would be today Wednesday, now they say it's likely to be Thursday FFS:middlefinger:

Do they really know WTF is going on.

59 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

I can't believe this.

First Chelsea tell us it will be this Monday, then it would be Monday or Tuesday, then it would be today Wednesday, now they say it's likely to be Thursday FFS:middlefinger:

Do they really know WTF is going on.

What are you talking about? Chelsea haven't said anything at all.

ulsterchelsea likes this

Philip Cocu will replace Frank Lampard at Derby County when the former England midfielder becomes Chelsea's new manager this week, Sky Sports News understands

2 hours ago, Jack25 said:

What are you talking about? Chelsea haven't said anything at all.

They have according to sky, I assume they are getting the info from someone at CFC

12 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

The problem with Lamps appointment is that the decision came from our club being sort of forced to do it due to ban and everything. The decision didnt came because the board would deliberately set a new plan with Lamps, youth etc.

Why?

If things go south, we will sack Lamps and just appoint the next man that will reduce the damage. And he might be someone completely opposite of integrating youth. That collapses all the faith young players have who just signed/will sign extensions because of Lamps appointment.

If Lamps appointment and youth integration was our core plan, we might replace Lamps eventualy, we could buy players etc, but that core plan would still be there. Youth would get the chance.

Now its all just a short term fix because thats the easiest and best way to go right now due to ban. Next summer we could change the narrative again and start buying players left and right. Because why not. Lets just pretend they never gave young players promises they will get the chance now that Lamps, Morris are at the club with plan to give youth a chance. 

Last year was Sarriball, this year is youth integration, next year we might revert to pragmatic manager again. 

If we appointed Lamps, it better be because we have set the new long term plan with youth and not just because this is a flavour of the month and best getaway for this season.

Exactly. 

Integrating youth in itself can't be the number one priority, surely the overall plan for the squad should take priority with youth facilitating the main goal. 

Last year we added Jorginho, Kepa and Kovacic to the first 11. We got rid of Cahill, Bakayoko and Morata. Moses too. We've now got Pulisic. The overall aim is towards a possession based team. Comfortable in possession and more  creative. We can't just say fuck it let's play Abraham and Mount because youth. They have to be ready, they also at least need the right characteristics to fit in the squad. 

2 hours ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Exactly. 

Integrating youth in itself can't be the number one priority, surely the overall plan for the squad should take priority with youth facilitating the main goal. 

Last year we added Jorginho, Kepa and Kovacic to the first 11. We got rid of Cahill, Bakayoko and Morata. Moses too. We've now got Pulisic. The overall aim is towards a possession based team. Comfortable in possession and more  creative. We can't just say fuck it let's play Abraham and Mount because youth. They have to be ready, they also at least need the right characteristics to fit in the squad. 

I fully agree we shouldn't be promoting youth for the sake of it and i was the first person pointing that out when people wanted the likes of Bamford, Baker, Kalas, Musonda, Bruma and even Moses (as a winger) given "proper" chances but with these group things are different, if coached well and properly some of these players could turn out to be the real deal.

Reece James is ready now, RLC made mammoth progress last year and while i'm not convinced CHO is yet the massive upgrade on Willian and Pedro people say he is he is certainly good enough to be part of the squad. For Mount this could be a year too soon for him but with Ruben injured and Barkley flattering to deceive we need to give him a go, i'm very confident he will make it in the long run but it's just a question over how effective he will be immediately. Abraham i think will mature his tactical game as he gets older even though i do think he's more a long term number 2 at a big club and Ampadu probably needs a loan similar to what AC27 had but that doesn't really matter as we have good CB's here already. Dujon Sterling will almost certainly head to the Championship on loan this time but could be an option afterwards especially if we revert back to a back 3.

Our long run plan should be following the Liverpool model of best academy players mixed with star signings, that's how we will close the gap on clubs more financially better off than us,

5 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

They have according to sky, I assume they are getting the info from someone at CFC

They're guess merchants like the rest

Management section on our website has been rinsed.  All of Sarri's staff removed along with Zola.   Cudicini, Hilario, Biosca and Scott McLachlan all that remain

Bosnian Blue likes this

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

I fully agree we shouldn't be promoting youth for the sake of it and i was the first person pointing that out when people wanted the likes of Bamford, Baker, Kalas, Musonda, Bruma and even Moses (as a winger) given "proper" chances but with these group things are different, if coached well and properly some of these players could turn out to be the real deal.

Reece James is ready now, RLC made mammoth progress last year and while i'm not convinced CHO is yet the massive upgrade on Willian and Pedro people say he is he is certainly good enough to be part of the squad. For Mount this could be a year too soon for him but with Ruben injured and Barkley flattering to deceive we need to give him a go, i'm very confident he will make it in the long run but it's just a question over how effective he will be immediately. Abraham i think will mature his tactical game as he gets older even though i do think he's more a long term number 2 at a big club and Ampadu probably needs a loan similar to what AC27 had but that doesn't really matter as we have good CB's here already. Dujon Sterling will almost certainly head to the Championship on loan this time but could be an option afterwards especially if we revert back to a back 3.

Our long run plan should be following the Liverpool model of best academy players mixed with star signings, that's how we will close the gap on clubs more financially better off than us,

I think it would be interesting for people to debate which youngsters are ready, which aren't yet but should definitely be kept hold of and which shouldn't waste space. 

I'm already sold on Reece James mate. I legit think he can have a similar progression to TAA. And I'm a pessimistic moaner so that's a lot coming from me. I'm actually counting down until he's no. 1 rb. I hope he is by end of next season the latest. 

RLC made enough improvement last season that I think he's good enough. I was glad to see him score more and dribble more direct. Still has to improve his decision making and his movement (and his whole defensive side the lazy bastard) but I consider him a legit part of the squad. 

CHO I think will be good enough for his. It's too early to tell how good though, I agree. Very well might not be the star man we think. Obviously needs a chance this season. 

But then there's a massive gap. No other youngster screams out. Mount has to continue his development, I would try and pick a premier league team where he'd start. We just don't have the room for him. He'd compete with Barkley and Kovacic before RLC gets back as well. It would do him and us harm if he stays with us. 

Abraham has never impressed me but what the hell we are fucked up front. Have at it mate, take your chance if you're good enough. I probably wouldn't give him another. 

I'll keep an eye on Castillo but he's still young, a good 2 years at least away. 

So there you are. I'd only consider James, RLC and CHO as academy products to be included. 

Pulisic doesn't count. because money.