test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

6,422 posts in this topic

Try and take some time to watch of Atletico's game in the coming weeks, if you already haven't mate. What you will see is not just a great togetherness but a huge understanding of tactical balance with a great idea of blending attack with a really solid work ethic and attitude. I love watching Atleti over any of the other top boys in La Liga, they play with such a dynamic approach and one that isn't predictable but very, very efficient.

I have huge respect for Simeone.

Thanks for the reply. From what you say, I see there are some Jose components in his approach. I hope he's not too much like him when it comes to tactics... if he comes to us

'Counter Attacking' has been so clichéd, its so annoying. Isn't it too dependent on situations to be considered as a main strategy? Especially for big teams? How do you counter attack teams that don't want to attack you in the first place?

locura-bielsa.jpg

But it never will happen.

That's my interim choice too. He doesn't last long anywhere. But, for 6 months, I'd love it. Rumours have it that he's going to Swansea.

'Counter Attacking' has been so clichéd, its so annoying. Isn't it too dependent on situations to be considered as a main strategy? Especially for big teams? How do you counter attack teams that don't want to attack you in the first place?

By giving up possession and drawing them out, often targeting specific positions within their team and overloading that area when they are out of position.

The Chels likes this

By giving up possession and drawing them out, often targeting specific positions within their team and overloading that area when they are out of position.

I can't agree with you on this one, mate. You can't give up possession when you are Chelsea and play West Ham or Bournemouth at the Bridge. It might win you the game by 1-0, but that's just a shameful thing to do. I understand the use of the counter attacking strategy when you are weaker than your opponent and you need to get a result. Like it was with us against Barcelona or Bayern. But your main strategy, as a big team, can never be counter attack.

I can't agree with you on this one, mate. You can't give up possession when you are Chelsea and play West Ham or Bournemouth at the Bridge. It might win you the game by 1-0, but that's just a shameful thing to do. I understand the use of the counter attacking strategy when you are weaker than your opponent and you need to get a result. Like it was with us against Barcelona or Bayern. But your main strategy, as a big team, can never be counter attack.

I don't think there's any shame in having a number of strategies in your locker. Of course you should have faith in your players to break a team down but defences are better organised than ever even at the so-called weaker teams and this league is more competitive than ever. If you can exploit a team when they're in transition then why not do that? All the goals count the same.

Rmpr, on 19 Dec 2015 - 02:46 AM, said:

I dont see how so many think Simeone would be the best option. The way he sees football is very similar to Mourinho. I think we need a more flair manager right now.

No,Simeone is different to Mourinho just watch ATM play,the like to pressure,they play more attacking and they know how to defend againts big clubs when they need to.Players that play for Simeone have desire,power and they fight for the win but both Mourinho and Simeone like to defend.

I dont see how so many think Simeone would be the best option. The way he sees football is very similar to Mourinho. I think we need a more flair manager right now.

Their main difference I think is that Simeone has more faith in young players than Jose does.

We need to get Pep if Mou is going to Man U, because he would be motivated to shit on Mou's head by winning the title.

Pep doesn't go to joke football clubs. He'll go to Man City because they're properly run and he'll get the support he needs.

Simeone is the best choice but with Roman still in charge, he'll last a few seasons before we sack him and completely change things again.

Essien19 and Vybz Kartel like this

I'd happily have Simeone IF Koké is the first "must buy" he targets and brings with him.

Wouldn't the language barrier be a serious issue, though? It doesn't matter too much when it comes to talking to the press as we've seen the likes of Pochettino use a translated for that stuff, but would he be able to communicate well enough players like Hazard etc?

Course it can. If a team sits deep you press them high, win the ball back as high as you can. Counter attack doesn't mean sit back and wait for a mistake. Dort mundane, the United of old didn't do that.

Is arsenal's possession football as boring as Bayern passing to death?

I'd happily have Simeone IF Koké is the first "must buy" he targets and brings with him.

Wouldn't the language barrier be a serious issue, though? It doesn't matter too much when it comes to talking to the press as we've seen the likes of Pochettino use a translated for that stuff, but would he be able to communicate well enough players like Hazard etc?

Koke and Griezmann...

Koke and Griezmann...

I'd love that, but it would be pretty hard to see him not only screwing Atleti by leaving himself, but also taking their two best players with him. :lol:

Would be amazing to have Koké in midfield next to Matic and Griezmann in the hole as a second striker behind Costa.

We'd essentially be Atletico de London with half of our XI having played under him before.

--------------------Costa--------------------

Hazard---------Griezmann----------Willian

--------------Koké--------Matic-------------

Baba-------New CB------Zouma-------Azpi

-------------------Courtois-------------------

Goddamn, that's a hell of a team.