test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?   272 members have voted

  1. 1. Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?

    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Guus Hiddink
      0
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Diego Simeone
    • Max Allegri
    • Brendan Rodgers
      0
    • Other
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5,409 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, BluesMadLad said:

Any one got any idea's on why conte hasn't been sacked yet? Could he actually stay? 

He's on hhis hols so it'll be a Diego job by text!

The difference being Conte isn't at some club begging and arse kissing trying to get a job.

Sideshow Luiz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Many of the replies to this tweet are hilarious and also sadly true. We have several players who simply aren't good enough technically to play amazing, quick, one touch football. Cahill, Bakayoko, Alonso. Sarri is going to have some job on his hands working with many of them.

Focusing too much on the negatives in my opinion. Most of the players in the squad are good enough to play Sarriball and the ones you've mentioned are some of the few that aren't. Frankly, regardless of who's the manager next season, our summer transfer business will have been an utter disaster if any of those three are in the starting lineup come August.

Luckily we've got plenty of technical-minded and talented players on loan and in the academy, and I hope Sarri will live up to his reputation on developing existing players rather than engaging in a full-blown transfer spending spree. We only need 2 or 3 new signings in addition to returning loanees in order to to have a squad full of players that have all the qualities to play in Sarri's system.

Superblue_1986, Tomo and DDA like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

Focusing too much on the negatives in my opinion. Most of the players in the squad are good enough to play Sarriball and the ones you've mentioned are some of the few that aren't. Frankly, regardless of who's the manager next season, our summer transfer business will have been an utter disaster if any of those three are in the starting lineup come August.

Luckily we've got plenty of technical-minded and talented players on loan and in the academy, and I hope Sarri will live up to his reputation on developing existing players rather than engaging in a full-blown transfer spending spree. We only need 2 or 3 new signings in addition to returning loanees in order to to have a squad full of players that have all the qualities to play in Sarri's system.

For me the jury is still out on baka. Hopefully a new manager can turn him into the player he was, not the player he has become.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

For me the jury is still out on baka. Hopefully a new manager can turn him into the player he was, not the player he has become.

I think the jury is out on Bakayoko for 99% of the Chelsea fan base bar @bakayokofan xD

bakayokofan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

For me the jury is still out on baka. Hopefully a new manager can turn him into the player he was, not the player he has become.

The expression the jury is still out implies there is some doubt and they can't make their mind up. That's not true in Bakayoko's case it's a unanimous decision he's fucking dreadful.

bigbluewillie and Starman60 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Bakayoko cannot get worse, the worrying thing is he can remain the same.

The only glimmer of hope I am holding on to is your point that he cannot get worse, He did play better in the last couple of games in the season. Get Sarri in and get Bakayoko working to understand his ideas. Short, quick passes with a triangle pattern always will help baka make the simple decisions to gather his confidence. Always being surrounded by more adept ball players should hopefully return him to the Monaco form not the dreadful form he has shown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The idea of Sarri not having won a trophy I personally think is a weak argument against him. Every manager starts somewhere. Klopp hadn't won anything before Dortmund took a chance on him, Conte hadn't won anything before Juventus, Mourinho before Porto, etc.

I'm not saying Sarri will be a guaranteed success. No one is, including other managerial options who have won trophies like Enrique or Blanc, or even keeping Conte. But he would be the best option available to radically change and transform our style of play and freshen up the approach.

Agreed with the second part of the statement, but I beg to differ on the first one. All of the guys that you mentioned were young when those teams took a chance with them. Sarri is almost 60! The problem isn't that he won nothing, but that he had won nothing in 13 years of coaching.

However, I would welcome him and wish him the best at Chelsea, but I am very skeptical about this. 

I'd like to point out that other clubs are doing business in the meantime, already buying players or negotiating for them. That's a wise thing to do, considering that a lot of prices will explode post-World Cup. 

All while Chelsea's board isn't able to announce the sacking of the manager already.

 

DDA likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pizy said:

Many of the replies to this tweet are hilarious and also sadly true. We have several players who simply aren't good enough technically to play amazing, quick, one touch football. Cahill, Bakayoko, Alonso. Sarri is going to have some job on his hands working with many of them.

The same was said about Koulibaly amongst others when he took over at Napoli.

Yes there are some that are a complete wrong fit for Sarri and will need to be moved on (Baka), but others have at least the basic technique that could be worked with. If Jordan Henderson can be a regular starter for Klopp you can't tell me Drinkwater can't be a squad player for Sarri?

Pizy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Agreed with the second part of the statement, but I beg to differ on the first one. All of the guys that you mentioned were young when those teams took a chance with them. Sarri is almost 60! The problem isn't that he won nothing, but that he had won nothing in 13 years of coaching.

However, I would welcome him and wish him the best at Chelsea, but I am very skeptical about this. 

I'd like to point out that other clubs are doing business in the meantime, already buying players or negotiating for them. That's a wise thing to do, considering that a lot of prices will explode post-World Cup. 

All while Chelsea's board isn't able to announce the sacking of the manager already.

 

Yeah but I do believe that there are special circumstances to his situation, being that he didn't become a professional coach until a few years ago. His two only proper managerial appointments have been over the past 6 years, first taking Empoli into Serie A and then respectably keeping them in the division on the smallest budget in the league whilst playing good football.

And then he moved to Napoli which has obviously been his first real big job.

We're not going to be appointing a coach for the next 10 years, it just won't happen. So Sarri being nearly 60 doesn't really make any difference. If he came in and did a good job and stayed for 3-4 years then job done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Drinkwater can't be a squad player for Sarri?

Drinkwater isn't good enough to be playing at this level week in, week out. He isn't fit enough to lace Kante's boots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mana said:

How can Chelsea offer him anything while Conte is still here, not sacked? It's just unprofessional.

When City did this with Pellegrini, many people thought it was disrespectful. I mean come on now, just sack Conte before doing these things.

That is almost what happens with every single sacking in football.,  The guy you want to replace the manager, is being spoken to well before the sacking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

That is almost what happens with every single sacking in football.,  The guy you want to replace the manager, is being spoken to well before the sacking

Nah, not every sacking. At least in recent times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DDA said:

Drinkwater isn't good enough to be playing at this level week in, week out. He isn't fit enough to lace Kante's boots.

He's not fit to lace Kante's boots but he's hardly much worse (if atall) than a player who could be the captain of the CL winners in just over 48 hours. The point i was trying to make is we have enough players who can be trained the "Sarri way" at least as squad players and like Henderson, Drinky has the workrate and an acceptable level of technique to play some part under Sarri, certainly before Baka.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, iceboy said:

Pochetino signed a new contract.

United have signed Fred

City set to sign Mahrez

Arsenal appointed Emery

 

We are sleeping as always.

Jeez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Probably haggling over £1,000 knowing us.

Sarri’s like ”can you sign Jorginho?” and Marina like ”Sure, here is Jake Livermore”.

:ph34r:

 

AK-3001 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Starman60 said:

I have to correct you on this. Bakayoko has always played "one touch" football with us. It's usually one touch, miss-control and the ball is gone to the opposition :blush::blush:

Bakayoko couldn't trap a dead mouse.

Starman60 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.