Diego Costa

Spike

dont be another Hulk saga

More like Cavani saga last year that I really dislike. I could remember Cavani rumoured close to join us here and there, even Sky sources confirmed we had a deal agreed too back then, just like with Costa now. At the end of the day napoli's president confirmed we have never bid for Cavani, and then he goes to Paris. I hope this is not what happening now with Costa saga.

More like Cavani saga last year that I really dislike. I could remember Cavani rumoured close to join us here and there, even Sky sources confirmed we had a deal agreed too back then, just like with Costa now. At the end of the day napoli's president confirmed we have never bid for Cavani, and then he goes to Paris. I hope this is not what happening now with Costa saga.

When did Sky say that? I only remember them ever saying Chelsea wanted him, not that anything was agreed to... and googling gives me no results.

When did Sky say that? I only remember them ever saying Chelsea wanted him, not that anything was agreed to... and googling gives me no results.

As far as I could remember there are rumour we have agreed deal around 50 millions for Cavani from SSN, as I remember someone celebrated it already because it is Sky. I don't know maybe they have removed that article, or maybe I am wrong and mixed that up with others media. Apologize for the confusion.

As far as I could remember there are rumour we have agreed deal around 50 millions for Cavani from SSN, as I remember someone celebrated it already because it is Sky. I don't know maybe they have removed that article, or maybe I am wrong and mixed that up with others media. Apologize for the confusion.

Never. It was always that cunt Palemri coming up with all the bullshit, trying to get more twitter followers. There was a "saga" because everyone wanted it to happen, but there was never anything concrete. The Napoli owner even came out and said that we were not one of the clubs interested in him and that we've never made any offers.

Never. It was always that cunt Palemri coming up with all the bullshit, trying to get more twitter followers. There was a "saga" because everyone wanted it to happen, but there was never anything concrete. The Napoli owner even came out and said that we were not one of the clubs interested in him and that we've never made any offers.

Yup, I think I made a mistake there. Most probably mixed that up with bullshit rumours merry around at that time. Sky only confirm that :

Sky sources: Chelsea move for Napoli striker Edinson Cavani

Chelsea have made an approach for Napoli striker Edinson Cavani, Sky sources understand.

Chelsea are also loath to meet that buy-out clause and, with Cavani anxious for an end to the uncertainty, it is understood talks between his agent and Napoli officials over his asking price will take place this week.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8802120/sky-sources-chelsea-move-for-napoli-striker-edinson-cavani

Come to think of it, why we have never bid for Cavani, if we have had a confirmed approach?

Yup, I think I made a mistake there. Most probably mixed that up with bullshit rumours merry around at that time. Sky only confirm that :

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8802120/sky-sources-chelsea-move-for-napoli-striker-edinson-cavani

Come to think of it, why we have never bid for Cavani, if we have had a confirmed approach?

Luiz + Oscar for Cavani. Great deal for both parts, imo.

I never really like this guy, I feel like hes one of those one season wonders. I never been impressed by watching him play. Every game I watch of Atletic this season is almost like hes not playing.

How many times did you watch em, like once or twice? It's hard to miss on a guy that scores 30+ goals for his team...

And he hasn't been a one season wonder either, you just have to look at his stats the season before (where he played out wide or behind Falcao most of the time) and he still grabbed 20 goals.

Found this old article about Costa :

Reds target Costa 'most hated player in La Liga'

IF Liverpool succeed in their bid for Diego Costa, they will be landing a player with a Luis Suarez-like ability to court controversy.

The Atletico Madrid front man is one of the most improved players in Spain, a talented performer who has an ability to terrorise defenders.

But he also has a remarkable capacity to provoke them, a trait that means he is particularly unpopular with opposing players and fans alike. The 24-year-old has been described as La Liga's most hated player.

He attributes his combative style to his background. The Brazilian did not grow up in football and had only a passing interest in the game in his teens, preferring to work and earn money so he could treat girls.

It was only when he turned 16 that he started to take the sport seriously, apparently stung by an incident where he didn't have the money to pay for a date. He realised he could make a living from football but, at that point, his only competitive experiences were on the street.

"Boys who grew up playing in academies are taught to control themselves and respect others but no one ever told me otherwise. I didn't have a school to teach me this," he said in an interview last year.

"I was used to seeing players elbowing each other in the face and I thought it was the norm."

Costa shouldn't have been playing in the game that brought him to the attention of superscout Jorge Mendes.

At the time, he was banned for slapping an opponent and going for the referee, but he managed to play in this particular match and did enough to start on the ladder.

Braga in Portugal was his first stop, before a £1.5m sale to Atletico Madrid. He barely played in his first two years, spending time on loan and then joining Valladolid in 2009.

LOANED

A year later, he was back at Atletico and, this time, he would finally get on the pitch.

However, he was loaned to Rayo Vallecano last year and it's only in the past season that he has moved out of Falcao's shadow and become a major player. Indeed, he scored in this year's famous Copa Del Rey win at the expense of neighbours Real.

A record of 34 bookings in the past four seasons suggests he is no shrinking violet. He has been at the centre of two spitting stories in Spain, although on both occasions he wound up with saliva on his face. In the aftermath, however, his on-pitch conduct was blamed.

Sergio Ramos was involved in one incident and Antonio Amaya of Betis in the other. The latter said: "If my team-mates had not held me back I would have killed him."

Another opponent, Geoffrey Kondogbia of Sevilla, hinted on his Twitter page that Costa had made monkey noises during a game.

Football wise, Costa is not regarded as a prolific goalscorer like Falcao. His strength is his all-round skill, a tendency to rove from a striking position and create difficulty.

Initially, he was viewed as too raw, which is hardly surprising considering how little coaching he received in his youth.

Now, he is a powerful attacker who can cause a lot of problems – some good, some bad. He would be an interesting arrival at Anfield.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/reds-target-costa-most-hated-player-in-la-liga-29469666.html

- earn money so he could treat girls
- involve in an incident where he didn't have the money to pay for a date
- was used to seeing players elbowing each other in the face and thought it was the norm
- banned for slapping an opponent and going for the referee

Amaya, "If my team-mates (in Real Betis) had not held me back I would have killed him (Costa)"

Perfect :)

To anyone who hate him right now, it is normal, as he's the type of player you love when he's on your team but hate when he's on the other team, they said.

The asking price was probably more than we were willing to pay.