Diego Costa

Spike

For some reason I think we'll miss out on him, which is what I kind of want but kind of don't. As far as big money strikers go, 32m isn't awful but it is still high risk. I think I would want Mandzukic, Lukaku and Eto'o (or Bony) as the three strikers which would have been more than enough this year.

Why some people are on the bony train?

He seems like a very slow guy to me. He might have brute strength but at best to me he seems like a minimal upgrade to Ba.

Nothing amazing really.

Here'a the difference between Sheva/Torres and say Anelka/Drogba/Crespo, the former were Roman abramovich buys and the rest were done through the club. Trust our manager, scouts and tech director, if Costa is there man give them a chance to prove why.

He seems like a very slow guy to me. He might have brute strength but at best to me he seems like a minimal upgrade to Ba.

Nothing amazing really.

He has decent scoring record, and will probably get only better. Would be good back up as we all know Ba will leave this summer.

However I do agree he is quite slow and lazy player.

Nothing amazing really.

You haven't watched a lot of him then, have you?

He is one of the fastest strikers in Europe.

Nothing amazing really.

Wrong thread. Merges with Mandzukic thread. :P

Bony is not that quick lol. He's relatively fast, moves well but nowhere near one of the fastest strikers in Europe.

Ah, sorry. I though he was speaking about Costa. My fault.

I agree about Bony.

According to Atletico they have not struck a deal with Chelsea for Costa.

I just hope, we will not see another fuckup as last summer with Rooney. Chelsea wasted their time with Rooney & nothing came out of it.

If Costa is not set to move, look for other alternatives. To sign Costa, a player who has not much interest to play for Chelsea could be a huge mistake.

I just can't wait for the CL final to end and for us to announce this deal. It will signal our intent to the rest of Europe that we are no longer fucking around. All these Josh Stones, Mangala's, Firmino's, Paulinho's (wtf?) won't cut it.

We should only try for world class players to add to this team. No more 21-22 year old's or mediocre players. Signing young players is good, but you have to be careful not to over-saturate the squad with them. I don't want us to be the new "old" Arsenal.

Next after Costa should (Must) be CM's like Rakitic or Pjanic. I also won't mind a top quality right winger or AM and the possibility of Mandzukic coming.. The only player we should sign that should be a young promising player is the LB, as he can steadily learn from Ash (if he's staying).

If we fuck up this transfer window, we have little to no chance of winning the premier league. It's that important.

As I posted above, nothing is finalized with Atletico.

Who knows, whether Costa signs a new deal with Atletico as was offered to him? I dare to predict.

Who are ya, mate? Can ya enlighten me on where ya got that info? :) I want a credible thing, not brownies. No offense.

Who are ya, mate? Can ya enlighten me on where ya got that info? :) I want a credible thing, not brownies. No offense.

What´s shaking in Bulgaria?

http://www.footballdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/49665-no-deal-done-with-chelsea-for-striker-say-atletico.php

Whether it´s credible..I do not know.

Only a few days ago you disregarded quotes reported by a respectable British newspaper as bullshit, yet you link us news from a site called 'footballdirectnews' and assume they're telling the truth? You really are a piece of work. :lol:

Not saying the quotes from Atletico president aren't true because they most certainly are, but what else is he going to say a few days before the most important game in the history of their club? Last thing they need is any unrest within the squad...

Only a few days ago you disregarded quotes reported by a respectable British newspaper as bullshit, yet you link us news from a site called 'footballdirectnews' and assume they're telling the truth? You really are a piece of work. :lol:

Not saying the quotes from Atletico president aren't true because they most certainly are, but what else is he going to say a few days before the most important game in the history of their club? Last thing they need is any unrest within the squad...

I thought you had me on ignore list, not anymore? Lol.

Nothing, its really hot here tho. Anyways. It's easy to say nothing, and then again something can be cooking. If he wants to keep thing under the radar is another thing. Still, I am waiting on the official info. (Of both Chelsea or Atleti, not ya)

Nothing, its really hot here tho. Anyways. It's easy to say nothing, and then again something can be cooking. If he wants to keep thing under the radar is another thing. Still, I am waiting on the official info. (Of both Chelsea or Atleti, not ya)

So am I. An official info would be more reliable.

I just think, Costa may reconsider his move to Chelsea. Atletico is moving forward, even next season, I feel.