Diego Costa

Spike

No I think vs Norwich we generated enough chances to win it had we been more clinical. As far as the other part of your post goes I'm not disagreeing with you, you've completely omitted the most important part of my post which is we aren't going to win every game. The chances created can't be limited to games we've drawn or lost.

Could you please list me the amount of quality chances we created in the Norwich game? I can only think of the Schurrle chance where he hit the post, and that's just one. Not good enough. We didn't even create one clear cut chance for our striker in that game. I don't think we even created the best chance in that game. Of course we aren't going to win every game, but to say it's naive to expect us to beat the likes of Norwich, WBA, Sunderland, Crystal Palace etc. is surely overstating it a bit?

It is just not as simple as replacing a man with a man and expecting him to score though, it is also the build up. I can count soo many times where Torres/Ba ended up messing up our counter attacks, fluid movement by being sluggish and slow. Costa will also help us to improve that, he is quite good at holding the ball up for team mates. For example the 0-0 vs Arsenal where Torres virtually spent every second on the pitch being outside their box, Costa will get in there and helping us having that target man.

He will score as well as create, he is not exactly the type to go all for himself ala Sturridge either. If he sees someone in a better position he will pass and lastly, he can actually run and not good pace(not Walcott, OX lightning but quick for a striker) to be able to be through on goal a lot of the time, something we don't see a single striker of our doing this season. Eto'o is really only good as a fox in the box now, same with Ba and Torres.

Agreed. Torres and Ba's link up play is horrific 99% of the time. A quality striker like Diego will definitely help our play in the final third; disagree on the fox in the box comment on Eto'o. Eto'o improves our attacking play a lot as well, an on form Eto'o for us this year was very good, he linked up excellently with Hazard. That Hazard goal against Sunderland I think perfectly illustrates how well Eto'o can link up with players in the final third.

Spanish football expert Begona Perez: Costa will be transferred for around €35m, with the extension of Courtois’ loan part of the deal. #CFC

Isn't there a rule that states that we can't loan Courtois to Atletico again?

Spanish football expert Begona Perez: Costa will be transferred for around €35m, with the extension of Courtois’ loan part of the deal. #CFC

Seems logical ..

Doesn't he have a release clause though? which is supposed to mean they have to sell if we offer 32 m ?

Could you please list me the amount of quality chances we created in the Norwich game? I can only think of the Schurrle chance where he hit the post, and that's just one. Not good enough. We didn't even create one clear cut chance for our striker in that game. I don't think we even created the best chance in that game. Of course we aren't going to win every game, but to say it's naive to expect us to beat the likes of Norwich, WBA, Sunderland, Crystal Palace etc. is surely overstating it a bit?

-Schurrle off the post

-Luiz off the bar

-Schurrle pen appeal

-Hazard shot in the box Torres rebound.

Seems logical ..

Doesn't he have a release clause though? which is supposed to mean they have to sell if we offer 32 m ?

£32m. €35m translates into £28.5m so if that is true the latter would be the fee we pay for Diego Costa. £28.5m is a very good price but I think I'd rather keep that extra £4m and bring back Courtois.

-Schurrle off the post

-Luiz off the bar

-Schurrle pen appeal

-Hazard shot in the box Torres rebound.

I guess here is where we disagree on what a "quality" chance is. Sure, those are chances, but apart from Schurrle's chance which was well worked with Matic's superb ball, none of those are clear cut chances that you'd definitely expect us to score. Luiz's (speculative shot) and Hazard's shots were more down to individual brilliance. It wasn't due to us cutting them open via a good, calculated build up.

£32m. €35m translates into £28.5m so if that is true the latter would be the fee we pay for Diego Costa. £28.5m is a very good price but I think I'd rather keep that extra £4m and bring back Courtois.

I know everyone is excited to see Courtois in goal, but £4m is a big player's wages i.e. it could mean we've kept JT for another year.

It'd be great to have Courtois here, but I've always said that if we get Costa for such a low price it's because Courtois will go there for another year. That's a price I'd happily pay. No way am I worried when we have Cech and Schwarzer. Courtois will most likely sign an extension anyway.

I guess here is where we disagree on what a "quality" chance is. Sure, those are chances, but apart from Schurrle's chance which was well worked with Matic's superb ball, none of those are clear cut chances that you'd definitely expect us to score. Luiz's (speculative shot) and Hazard's shots were more down to individual brilliance. It wasn't due to us cutting them open via a good, calculated build up.

Luiz left alone at the top of the 18 is speculative? hmm...

Hazard dancing in alone doesn't count as a chance creation? hmmm...

Ya agree to disagree we didn't have a fabulous game but like I said we did enough to win had we been more clinical. Torres is just never alive in the box, he seems to always be on his heels, the Hazard rebound is a good example of that, but ya agree to disagree.

I know everyone is excited to see Courtois in goal, but £4m is a big player's wages i.e. it could mean we've kept JT for another year.

It'd be great to have Courtois here, but I've always said that we're most likely getting Costa for such a low price because Courtois will go there for another year. That's a price I'd happily pay. No way am I worried when we have Cech and Schwartzer. Courtois will most likely sign an extension anyway.

That's fair. Cech is obviously still a WC goalkeeper and Schwarzer is an excellent deputy - I wouldn't mind either way tbh, as long as Courtois signs a new contract I'm fine with Cech being our undisputed number 1 for another year.

Luiz left alone at the top of the 18 is speculative? hmm...

Hazard dancing in alone doesn't count as a chance creation? hmmm...

Ya agree to disagree we didn't have a fabulous game but like I said we did enough to win had we been more clinical. Torres is just never alive in the box, he seems to always be on his heels, the Hazard rebound is a good example of that, but ya agree to disagree.

The Luiz shot was brilliant but not something I would count as a chance that you'd expect him to score. Sure, it was a chance but it was pretty speculative in my opinion.

Hazard's obviously counts as a chance but again, it would've been a brilliant individual goal had he scored, not a chance created through good build up play. You can't keep relying on brilliant individual goals to win you games as they're rare. Again, I'm not saying it wasn't a chance but it wasn't a clear, clear chance that you'd expect Eden to 100% score.

On Torres, the less said the better lol. But yeah, respectfully agree to disagree. It's nice to have a debate with someone who doesn't constantly act childish or tries to insult you when you don't agree on things. Cheers pal :yes:

Martinez is shite compared to Diego Costa mate. He sure is overrated, that Jackson guy. He's no better than the Loic Remy's of this world. A little bit like how Mandzku is overrated on here too.

C.Ronaldo: 31 goals from 216 shots. Messi: 27 goals from 158 shots. Diego Costa: 27 goals from 108 shots.

Diego Costa's goal scoring record (last 3 season) : 66 goals in 110 games.

Luis Suarez's goal scoring record (last 3 season) : 65 goals in 102 games.

That's Diego "one season wonder" Costa for you.

And why the fuck will you want Khedira when we have Matic? Hmm, bro? B)

I really appreciate you quoting my post from October last year. My perspective about Costa and Maetinez has changed quite a lot since then. Hmm, and Matic too.