Diego Costa

Spike

More inclined to think it is seeing as Costa has a buy out clause, and that has to be activated. If Lukaku was to go he wouldn't be used as a bargaining chip in this deal, he fetches good money on his own.

I feel the same, but you never know.

Diego Costa is just a freak, he has scored 29% of his chances this year (in the league) which is just very, very clinical, I don't think any striker or player around Europe comes anywhere close to him when it comes to taking chances (statistically wise).

ScreenShot2014-05-13at124041PM.png

This is the type of thing I was angling at in my post. Loads of box presence and absolutely no finishing. Costa hopefully will aid in games like this. In the big matches I have no problem playing counter attacking football.

ScreenShot2014-05-13at124041PM.png

This is the type of thing I was angling at in my post. Loads of box presence and absolutely no finishing. Costa hopefully will aid in games like this. In the big matches I have no problem playing counter attacking football.

Yeah, the West Ham game definitely was down to the lack of clinical finishing, we created lots of quality chances in that game. Someone like Costa (or even someone like Lukaku) definitely would've bagged the points for us in that game.

Yeah, the West Ham game definitely was down to the lack of clinical finishing, we created lots of quality chances in that game. Someone like Costa (or even someone like Lukaku) definitely would've bagged the points for us in that game.

So many games this year were like this. Fewer chances but the same deal

Diego Costa is just a freak, he has scored 29% of his chances this year (in the league) which is just very, very clinical, I don't think any striker or player around Europe comes anywhere close to him when it comes to taking chances (statistically wise).

I'm 99% certain that I read last night that he does indeed have the highest chance conversion in Europe.

So I laugh at some comments I've seen on some of the articles like 'he's not a clean striker of the ball' or he has a lot of 'scruffy shots'. I couldn't give a shit. He puts the ball in the net; how it gets there is irrelevant.

I'm 99% certain that I read last night that he does indeed have the highest chance conversion in Europe.

So I laugh at some comments I've seen on some of the articles like 'he's not a clean striker of the ball' or he has a lot of 'scruffy shots'. I couldn't give a shit. He puts the ball in the net; how it gets there is irrelevant.

Lol exactly. Chicharito scores for Mexico, whether it's with his groin, face, hip, knee, whatever, it doesn't matter. As long as it bulges the net.

The key to me is he can score a variety of ways, left foot, right foot, header. Watching his goals this year I couldn't really tell if he was left footed or right footed. Thats a good thing.

So many games this year were like this. Fewer chances but the same deal

I don't think they're comparable because we had a lot fewer chances in the other games. I don't think you can say we've created as many quality chances as we did in the West Ham game against other teams - the Norwich, Sunderland, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa and West Brom (away) games; games where we dropped points - come to mind. Sure, maybe we created 1 or 2 decent chances against these teams but you need more than 1 or 2 decent chances to dispatch teams away.

The West Ham game - maybe even the Everton game where I thought we created enough quality chances but just failed to dispatch them - are the only games where we've dropped points where I can fully say that we should've gone on and won it but we failed to do so because of lack of good finishing. The other games however I don't think I can fully say the same.

Costa's clinical goal scoring record will definitely help us dispatch more of these teams away but we still need to create more quality chances. We can't expect Costa to score 1 in every 2 shots. Can't expect that from anyone.

I don't think they're comparable because we had a lot fewer chances in the other games. I don't think you can say we've created as many quality chances as we did in the West Ham game against other teams - the Norwich, Sunderland, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa and West Brom (away) games; games where we dropped points - come to mind. Sure, maybe we created 1 or 2 decent chances against these teams but you need more than 1 or 2 decent chances to dispatch teams away.

The West Ham game - maybe even the Everton game where I thought we created enough quality chances but just failed to dispatch them - are the only games where we've dropped points where I can fully say that we should've gone on and won it but we failed to do so because of lack of good finishing. The other games however I don't think I can fully say the same.

Costa's clinical goal scoring record will definitely help us dispatch more of these teams away but we still need to create more quality chances. We can't expect Costa to score 1 in every 2 shots. Can't expect that from anyone.

It is just not as simple as replacing a man with a man and expecting him to score though, it is also the build up. I can count soo many times where Torres/Ba ended up messing up our counter attacks, fluid movement by being sluggish and slow. Costa will also help us to improve that, he is quite good at holding the ball up for team mates. For example the 0-0 vs Arsenal where Torres virtually spent every second on the pitch being outside their box, Costa will get in there and helping us having that target man.

He will score as well as create, he is not exactly the type to go all for himself ala Sturridge either. If he sees someone in a better position he will pass and lastly, he can actually run and not good pace(not Walcott, OX lightning but quick for a striker) to be able to be through on goal a lot of the time, something we don't see a single striker of our doing this season. Eto'o is really only good as a fox in the box now, same with Ba and Torres.

I don't think they're comparable because we had a lot fewer chances in the other games. I don't think you can say we've created as many quality chances as we did in the West Ham game against other teams - the Norwich, Sunderland, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa and West Brom (away) games - games where we dropped points - come to mind. Sure, maybe we created 1 or 2 decent chances against these teams but you need more than 1 or 2 decent chances to dispatch teams away.

I disagree, firstly to only highlight games where we dropped points is a mistake when you are looking at chances created to goals scored. There are many more games where we had zillions of chances and only converted one of them. of the games that you highlighted I'd say the West Brom games and Crystal Palace(where the pitch was horrible) were the games we rightfully did not deserve to get anything out of. That doesn't really matter though we are never gonna win 38 games out of 38 we will drop points, the point I'm making is we stand a better chance winning games if we have a guy who is capable of putting away the many chances we do create. It not only creates more space for our attacking mids but when the game gets tight, as we've seen on many occasions, a goal can relieve pressure and allow us to rest guys for another day.

I disagree, firstly to only highlight games where we dropped points is a mistake when you are looking at chances created to goals scored. There are many more games where we had zillions of chances and only converted one of them. of the games that you highlighted I'd say the West Brom games and Crystal Palace(where the pitch was horrible) were the games we rightfully did not deserve to get anything out of. That doesn't really matter though we are never gonna win 38 games out of 38 we will drop points, the point I'm making is we stand a better chance winning games if we have a guy who is capable of putting away the many chances we do create. It not only creates more space for our attacking mids but when the game gets tight, as we've seen on many occasions, a goal can relieve pressure and allow us to rest guys for another day.

So you think we deserved to win the Norwich game? Come on. In the Norwich game we had one (one!!) shot on target in their area. The Sunderland and Villa games I can perhaps understand because or refereeing decisions but I still think we don't create enough quality chances and that has to do with the lack of personnel we've got anyway (no top striker, no real creativity from midfield, no real support from our fullbacks and movement in the final third to help stretch the play and create spaces for our play). You won't convince me that we've created enough quality chances - one or two each of these games does not warrant in enough for me simply because you can't rely on your players scoring every single quality chance that comes your way; that is impossible. Even the best players miss quality chances here and there.

So you think we deserved to win the Norwich game? Come on. In the Norwich game we had one (one!!) shot on target in their area. The Sunderland and Villa games I can perhaps understand because or refereeing decisions but I still think we don't create enough quality chances and that has to do with the lack of personnel we've got anyway (no top striker, no real creativity from midfield, no real support from our fullbacks and movement in the final third to help stretch the play and create spaces for our play). You won't convince me that we've created enough quality chances - one or two each of these games does not warrant in enough for me simply because you can't rely on your players scoring every single quality chance that comes your way; that is impossible. Even the best players miss quality chances here and there.

No I think vs Norwich we generated enough chances to win it had we been more clinical. As far as the other part of your post goes I'm not disagreeing with you, you've completely omitted the most important part of my post which is we aren't going to win every game. The chances created can't be limited to games we've drawn or lost.

Spanish football expert Begona Perez: Costa will be transferred for around €35m, with the extension of Courtois’ loan part of the deal. #CFC

This makes sense. The reported fee was too low in today's market.