Diego Costa

Spike

We signed Torres after a career changing injury.

I also thought of that. But Torres was almost 2 years older when he joined us and already had played 3 years on a really high level. Costa is just at the beginning of realizing his potential and doing so only for the last 18 months or so.

Is it really a career changing injury??

I read that it's his hamstring, last season Hazard injured his hamstring and it didn't stop him on becoming better than he had ever been.

it is a hamstring. they are rarely serious. not like knee and back injuries.

Chelsea keep trying to buy strikers 1, 2, 3, and 4 years too late --except with Drogba or maybe a youngster, like Lukaku or Sturridge.

waited too long on Falcao, could have bought Bony last summer, maybe Costa last summer, bought plenty of others too late in their careers.

Hopefully Costa is O.K. (his hamstring). Maybe he will be just fine.

Mandzukic is a good striker and my only concern with him is whether he maintains his own personal fitness well enough (doesn't look like a guy who stays in good shape aside from being on the pitch). I just wish Chelsea would spend the money to make sure they have quality and depth in center midfield and fullback this summer before they blow huge money on another striker 1, 2, or 3 years too late as striker has declined physically while value has increased.

Chelsea keep trying to buy strikers 1, 2, 3, and 4 years too late --except with Drogba or maybe a youngster, like Lukaku or Sturridge.

waited too long on Falcao, could have bought Bony last summer, maybe Costa last summer, bought plenty of others too late in their careers.

Hopefully Costa is O.K. (his hamstring), but when someone tough is crying over a hamstring, it's not a good sign.

Mandzukic is a good striker and my only concern with him is whether he maintains his own personal fitness well enough (doesn't look like a guy who stays in good shape aside from being on the pitch). I just wish Chelsea would spend the money to make sure they have quality and depth in center midfield and fullback this summer before they blow huge money on another striker 1, 2, or 3 years too late as striker has declined physically while value has increased. Hopefully Costa hasn't destroyed the attachment of his hamstring to his pelvis.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't crying because the hamstring hurt. The injury took him out of the title decider and next week's CL Final.

Hope i am wrong but i don't think he will replicate anywhere near the success he has had at Alti this season. Simeone has really got the best out of him, he is talented but Atletico is a an amazing oiled machine they have been able to plug in players after player this season.

I also have concern over the success he has had against La liga defense. The majority of clubs play high line and Costa has exploited that. Also it would be interesting to see if he can bully PL defenses with his strength the same way he does La liga defense. There are things each league defense do better, but i feel Costa will not have the same success.

Soldado and Negredo lack of success also makes it more worrying, because i see similarity between the goals all three strikers have scored and situations they have been successful at. Soldado has made Ade look decent again lol, and Negredo had a quite a good stretch thanks to Aguaro blistering form in the beginning of the season.

1. Atletico system

2 La Liga vs PL defesnse differences

3. One really good season. Whatever you wanna say about his previous seasons, but by far he never played on the level he has this season.

Real concerns for me and i would have a hard time believing 35-40m for the player is a good buy.