James Rodríguez

21 hours ago, LAM09 said:

You can see Chelsea paying £80-100m plus 300k+ wages pw and leaving everything the way it is?

Not a chance in hell that's ever going to happen IMO.

He is not worth half of that money anyway.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With his situation at the moment where he can't get a game and Madrid are not too keen to keep him, I can easily see them selling James at half the fee they paid for him.

Though, his wages could be a problem tbh.

23 minutes ago, Ledgi said:

With his situation at the moment where he can't get a game and Madrid are not too keen to keep him, I can easily see them selling James at half the fee they paid for him.

Though, his wages could be a problem tbh.

There is a reason why Real don't want to keep James... And the reason is that he is just not good enough. 

53 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

There is a reason why Real don't want to keep James... And the reason is that he is just not good enough. 

And they have Spanish players like Isco and Asensio (president sees both as future of Real along with Bale when Ronaldo fades out team) plus Bale can play more centrally too. Real are obsessed with stockpiling, the likes of Isco couldn't get a game last year in all honesty and they said he wasn't wanted or believed to be good enough but look at this year. I think James would start in most teams around Europe, no doubts but his work rate and fitness has been a big part of his demise at Real too. He was sensational with Carlo in his first season at Real in terms of scores by goals and getting assists. Was 10-15+ in each but Isco has worked harder and also is more versatile too which helps because he can play on the left right as a 10 And as an 8 in a 433 

50 minutes ago, Leif said:

WHY DIDNT WE JUST BUY SANCHEZ WHEN HE WAS AT FUCKING UDINESE 

EVERYONE SAW HIS TALENT 

Would of been a brilliant move but I think he only ever wanted to leave Barca for Arsenal same with Ozil leaving Real for Arsenal. Pity because him and Hazard in the same team would be excellent. 

Just seen Udinese. Jesus. My eyesight is atrocious.

3 minutes ago, Leif said:

WHY DIDNT WE JUST BUY SANCHEZ WHEN HE WAS AT FUCKING UDINESE 

EVERYONE SAW HIS TALENT 

Pretty sure he only wanted to go to Barcelona then. The bigger question is, why didn't we try to sign from Barcelona few years ago?

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Pretty sure he only wanted to go to Barcelona then. The bigger question is, why didn't we try to sign from Barcelona few years ago?

I think most clubs who could afford him.. will be asking themselves that question.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

And they have Spanish players like Isco and Asensio (president sees both as future of Real along with Bale when Ronaldo fades out team) plus Bale can play more centrally too. Real are obsessed with stockpiling, the likes of Isco couldn't get a game last year in all honesty and they said he wasn't wanted or believed to be good enough but look at this year. I think James would start in most teams around Europe, no doubts but his work rate and fitness has been a big part of his demise at Real too. He was sensational with Carlo in his first season at Real in terms of scores by goals and getting assists. Was 10-15+ in each but Isco has worked harder and also is more versatile too which helps because he can play on the left right as a 10 And as an 8 in a 433 

Yes James was good that year, but Real lost on all fronts. They benched James, because they are alot more balanced team. He is a surplus, someone you buy if you want star player. Not if you want to win games and titles. 

26 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Yes James was good that year, but Real lost on all fronts. They benched James, because they are alot more balanced team. He is a surplus, someone you buy if you want star player. Not if you want to win games and titles. 

They lost on all fronts that year but he's still won a CL there as well as a few UEFA super cups and the club World Cup. It's also not like it was directly his fault they won nothing that year, what more can you do in your first year at an elite club than get 10+ goals and assists and voted in to the La Liga and UEFA team of the year? Fitness, work rate and injuries along with 3 different coaches/tactics and the emergence of Asensio/consistency of Isco has been his problem, not his actual ability and you'd be a fool to even suggest you don't buy a player like him to win games and titles or not agree that he'd walk in to our team among several other top teams in Europe.

Before he went to Real everyone on here was desperate for us to make a move for him, myself included, just because things don't always work out at Real/Barca doesn't mean you should automatically write off a player, they are the two biggest clubs in football history, things havent worked for players just as good as him.

12 minutes ago, the wes said:

I can't see James fitting in are formation rodriguez best position is the number 10 role not on the wing 

Pedro and Hazard are not really wingers in this formation, more like left and right attacking midfielders. They tend to move free around the opponents third. Remember Hazard's second goal against Everton: Pedro and him were both on the right wing. Also, when Pedro scored against Everton and Spurs he was in the middle of the court, not on the right or left wing. I think James would enjoy this free, creative role too. I still prefer Payet though.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

They lost on all fronts that year but he's still won a CL there as well as a few UEFA super cups and the club World Cup. It's also not like it was directly his fault they won nothing that year, what more can you do in your first year at an elite club than get 10+ goals and assists and voted in to the La Liga and UEFA team of the year? Fitness, work rate and injuries along with 3 different coaches/tactics and the emergence of Asensio/consistency of Isco has been his problem, not his actual ability and you'd be a fool to even suggest you don't buy a player like him to win games and titles or not agree that he'd walk in to our team among several other top teams in Europe.

Before he went to Real everyone on here was desperate for us to make a move for him, myself included, just because things don't always work out at Real/Barca doesn't mean you should automatically write off a player, they are the two biggest clubs in football history, things havent worked for players just as good as him.

Fair enough. I just dont see him that kind of player to make the difference when it matters. Right now, only place we can put him is RW and no way, I guarantee would he play well there. Lacks pace to start with, which is crucial and can you imagine him playing high pressing in PL week in week out? I dont. And current formation is brilliant, so I wouldnt change it just to suit James. Not to mention he is playmaker. I would rather spend that crazy cash or more on winger/SS who can score (like Dybala althrough it looks impossible, Berardi is my favourite 2nd option but he got injured so we shall see how it goes).

And I do think players who leave Barca/Real are often not good enough fir the top. There are few rare cases like Toure or Makelele, but IMO Ozil and Sanchez, Robinho dont work for me. 

Ozil and Alexis fit Arsenal just fine. Both top players on their night, but there are quite many games where they completely fade. I dont see those two lead Arsenal to glory like Henry did.

I rather have up and coming ligue 1 player who will give Chelsea everything since its best thing happening to them rather than Barca/Real reject who would consider move away going backwards. These modern kids have got spoiled and playing for Barca or Real makes them think they are better than what they realy are. Its all about work work and reap rewards for me. Rather pick a player coming off great season for Lyon than big name who didnt make it in top club. But then again it depends on each individual. If lets say Bale was in James situation, I would love to see him here.

Just my philosophy tho.

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

I think James would enjoy this free, creative role too. I still prefer Payet though.

Fair point mate do u think Hakan Calhanoglu would be good in that role as well?? Hakan Calhanoglu is powerful at set pieces a type of a player whos a game changer with a free kick or a perfect assist I have notice Bayer have been playing him on the right wing this season 

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Fair enough. I just dont see him that kind of player to make the difference when it matters. Right now, only place we can put him is RW and no way, I guarantee would he play well there. Lacks pace to start with, which is crucial and can you imagine him playing high pressing in PL week in week out? I dont. And current formation is brilliant, so I wouldnt change it just to suit James. Not to mention he is playmaker. I would rather spend that crazy cash or more on winger/SS who can score (like Dybala althrough it looks impossible, Berardi is my favourite 2nd option but he got injured so we shall see how it goes).

And I do think players who leave Barca/Real are often not good enough fir the top. There are few rare cases like Toure or Makelele, but IMO Ozil and Sanchez, Robinho dont work for me. 

Ozil and Alexis fit Arsenal just fine. Both top players on their night, but there are quite many games where they completely fade. I dont see those two lead Arsenal to glory like Henry did.

I rather have up and coming ligue 1 player who will give Chelsea everything since its best thing happening to them rather than Barca/Real reject who would consider move away going backwards. These modern kids have got spoiled and playing for Barca or Real makes them think they are better than what they realy are. Its all about work work and reap rewards for me. Rather pick a player coming off great season for Lyon than big name who didnt make it in top club. But then again it depends on each individual. If lets say Bale was in James situation, I would love to see him here.

Just my philosophy tho.

I'm sorry but Ozil and Sanchez are amazing players and I would have them here in a heartbeat ahead of any of Pedro, Willian, Oscar and Fabregas. Both would still get games at Barca and Real without a doubt. It's not that they weren't good enough, they were discarded because of the recruitment of new players and reduced playing time on offer. Di Maria is another example. Real apparently want Ozil back which says it all. Ozil was probably just as important to Real Madrid than Ronaldo was, if you look at all the assists and chances he created. Look at how upset Ronaldo was when they sold him, along with how baffled most of us were never mind Real Madrid fans. I find it quite ridiculous that you think he only fits fine at a club like Arsenal and that him or Sanchez didn't make it at those teams, especially considering Sanchez was part of arguably the best footballing team in history along with Ozil haven proven himself in the international stage as well as for one of the biggest clubs in the world. Both were successes.

Anyway regarding James, he could probably play that role RW/RF role to be honest but he's not as fast as you've said, but again neither is Pedro. Pace isn't everything, he's not like painfully slow, he has amazing technical qualities and most of all which is important for attacking midfield players, end product. If he was available at a price let's say 50-60M and on affordable wages, would you really say oh no let's sign one of Bernardo Silva, Thomas Lemar or Lucas Moura instead because he's "failed/not good enough/unwanted" ? No way, not a chance in hell, he'd probably be a hit at any other top club, heck probably even at Barcelona if they could wedge him in there somehow. Many clubs have done this before, buy Real/Barca players that are unwanted/don't want to sit on bench because usually what Real/Barca dispose of usually is someone else's gain (some even get resigned), like Ozil, Sanchez, Fabregas, Pedro, Di Maria, Makelele, Yaya Toure, Robinho, Eto'o, Carvajal, Morata, Denis Suarez, Ibrahimovic, Thiago etc. The list is endless. Being discarded for Real/Barca doesn't automatically mean your or good enough or failed, people seem to say this every time we are linked with a Real/Barca player, but if they were at another club it would be oh yes sign him... but sometimes you've just got to realise Real and Barca are two of biggest clubs so that's how they get them in the first place. Keep an eye out on Dybala more than likely going to one of Real or Barcelona eventually in the next 2-3 years too then it will be rinse and repeat, someone else will be available and sold and whatever else. 

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Many clubs have done this before, buy Real/Barca players that are unwanted/don't want to sit on bench because usually what Real/Barca dispose of usually is someone else's gain (some even get resigned), like Ozil, Sanchez, Fabregas, Pedro, Di Maria, Makelele, Yaya Toure, Robinho, Eto'o, Carvajal, Morata, Denis Suarez, Ibrahimovic, Thiago etc. The list is endless. Being discarded for Real/Barca doesn't automatically mean your or good enough or failed, people seem to say this every time we are linked with a Real/Barca player, but if they were at another club it would be oh yes sign him... but sometimes you've just got to realise Real and Barca are two of biggest clubs so that's how they get them in the first place. Keep an eye out on Dybala more than likely going to one of Real or Barcelona eventually in the next 2-3 years too then it will be rinse and repeat, someone else will be available and sold and whatever else. 

I agree. Robben, Sneijder went to Bayern and Inter and lead them to a Champions League final.

10 hours ago, the wes said:

Fair point mate do u think Hakan Calhanoglu would be good in that role as well?? Hakan Calhanoglu is powerful at set pieces a type of a player whos a game changer with a free kick or a perfect assist I have notice Bayer have been playing him on the right wing this season 

I haven't seen him play that much, I don't know if he could learn that role. Is he doing well on the right wing at Bayer?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You