James Rodríguez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Namika said:

James Rodriguez is a top class player, just below the Eden/Neymar/Bale class, look at his World Cup or his first year under Carlo with Madrid.

Yes and Torres was good once too.

It would be waste of money. Fucking waste of money.

Unless we strike loan deal, we will only throw money away to get wannabe galactico, out of form, not suited to PL or Conte, and realize in few months he was a waste of time and doesnt solve the problems.

Unless Conte wants to play 3:5:2, but good luck in prem without wingers.

I see James is huge name in football, but sigining him just because that (and he is only big name these days, not actualy that good), well we aint fuckin Real Madrid. Rather bring someone who is actualy gonna improve us. And lets not pretend there are no other options. If we are prepared to splash 60m for James, there is Lemar who we might get for half of that and is twice the player these days.

James would be so typical Torres, Sheva signing...all barking, no bite.

Waste of money or not, from what I've read he has a 7-day deadline to decide if he wants to leave or stay. 

If he wants to leave, I think we'll get him cause I don't see any other big club rushing to buy him atm.

39 minutes ago, Fernando said:

You guys going to regret once again talking crap about a player before coming. 

Have you not learned enough by now? 

This is the sort of confidence I like, no sitting on the fence. He'll either make it, or he'll be shit, so take your sides now so we can then laugh briefly at the other side, whichever that is, if he ends up here.

Camaraderie is for war games, not forums.:getin:

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

You guys going to regret once again talking crap about a player before coming. 

Have you not learned enough by now? 

Just expresing opinions, I thought forums were to share opinions and what not.

I think he will be bad here and not worth the price, but if he actualy does come here and turns out great, I will gladly eat my humble pie because if he ends up being great, it means chelsea will improve and we all want that.

To think one will regret after his opinion was proven wrong, is for pussies anyway. Embrace that shit.

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Yes and Torres was good once too.

TBF, Torres was already starting to go downhill before we bought him and why we did that even though it was rather obvious, I'll never know. With Rodriguez, he's in his mid 20s and hasn't even peaked yet. If Conte believes he's the guy to help improve us, then so be it.

I think if we DO actually pull this off he will work out great. I saw on twitter if you view it as Oscar + 12 million it looks pretty damn good. We have been longing for a Left footed attacker who is a goal threat and can pick a pass no? James is a left footed attacker who is a long range goal threat and can pick a pass. Yes, he is slower than we all would have liked but he isnt Cesc/Alonso level slow. Plus we also have 7 men behind him who can cover up for him like we do with hazard, he has moses/Kante/Azpi behind him and Conte will drill him into at least a decent defensive performance. 

We have been complaining about Pedro/Willain for as long as i can remember and how bad we looked against teams who defend deeply. James could potentially solve BOTH problems and free up some tactical flexibility, while also taking some attention away from hazard/costa which frees up space for them.

Most importantly to me, if Conte wants him than I want him. He has shown he can get things out of players nobody expected. A solid defensive leader David Luiz? A well behaved Diego Costa? Hazard working to get the ball back? Matic the assist machine? Moses the stud RWB? Cesc a hard working professional demeanor super sub determined to earn his spot back?

James has something special in his left footed going forward and it could be exactly what we need to help us get to the next level. Plus if i said Oscar + 12 mill for James Rodriguez everyone would say "yes please" this wont deter us from spending in the Jan/Summer windows it is found money in my eyes.

In modern football, where pressing / great ball keeping to get out of pressure are two key elements of success for biggest teams in Europe. Players who do not have that ability will likely fade away in big matches and will remain as liability. Mata, Ozil, etc.... James is prototypical of Mata/Ozil type of players. Slow like donkey, cannot and will not track back, have great kick, is famous name but doesn't have hunger. (have you seen Ozil yesterday once City player nicked ball from him, he just sigh and stopped tracking back?) 

I want hungry, pacey, ambitious player for Chelsea. Give me Ousmane Dembele over James Rodriguez any day of the week.

Trying to imagine where he'd play and can only see him on our right side. Can't imagine we'd completely change from the 3-4-3 just for him. Thing is, we have both Pedro and Willian for that position already and while James is better than both, would either be happy riding our bench? And does James offer the same work rate as those two?

Im torn with this potential move. On the one hand he'd be awesome against these sides like Palace, Sunderland, Boro, and West Brom who defend for 90 minutes and sit deep. On the other, does he really fit into Conte's system(s)?

Be delighted if he comes but not bothered if he goes elsewhere.

9 hours ago, dkim2 said:

James is pretty much Mata. 

Slow - checked.

Cannot defend - checked.

Cannot dribble past defenders - checked.

Great shooting/passing - checked.

Poor ball keeping - checked.

This guy is just pure no.10. James at RW is worse than Pedro. It would be a huge waste of money. We need a dynamic, pacey, hungry, and ambitious player, not James. 

It seems that people don't care about suitability and just see the name. Honestly, world cup aside I've never been impressed by James.

I would genuinely go another season with Willian + Pedro than buy this guy.

7 minutes ago, Styles said:

It seems that people don't care about suitability and just see the name. Honestly, world cup aside I've never been impressed by James.

I would genuinely go another season with Willian + Pedro than buy this guy.

And then use the Oscar money on Reus in the summer! :cig:

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

And then use the Oscar money on Reus in the summer! :cig:

One thing I learned over the years while watching football over a decade, is that never spend big bucks on broken goods (Torres, Kaka, Gundogan, De Vrij.. etc.) Reus for me is injury prone.

I am getting tired of this comments. Going through this thread makes me feel like I am reading about 2nd division winger that can only pick some through balls and that's it. Sorry to point it out for you but you don't know football. 

You can discuss his suitability, his price tag but you can't argue about his qualities. He is world class player and if Conte finds him suitable for this team than he will make us a world class team. 

One day you all want superstar signing and the other day you are coming up with all the talents around the Europe being better than James Rodriguez ;) 

We have 7 people tracking back, yet people are still on the Jose Mourinho 'workhorse before ability' train.

80% of the chances Willian and Pedro have to put another player in a good scoring position they bottle. They pop up with the odd goal and contribute only, if allowed the needed space, which happens only when playing teams on the counter.

James on the other hand has the ability to play amazing passes and through balls. Is a great crosser, has a fantastic long shot and a good finish. I don't want to watch another second of Willian being scared to play Eden through on goal, because he sees two people on him,have some sense. 

If Conte wants him, I want him. And even if Conte does not, I still want him, will be a massive improvement.

I watched the world cup qualifier match between Arg-Col, and this guy just shouted and pointed for 90 mins. He even got into an argument with one of his own players for not giving him the ball. 

He has the same shyte attitude as CRonaldo but without the talent. Just a whiny brat.

He would be good for a team that refuses to play defense a la City/Liverpoo.  

Not sure he'd fit the team. He is the kind of player who thrives off a free role, this role is Hazard's. Not too sure we can have two such playmakers in a free role while retaining defensive solidity. Sanchez is a much more exciting name being thrown around - hard-working, direct and clinical. I'd rather take him for the RW position, Rodriguez doesn't fill me with confidence that he'd come here and do a job on a consistent basis.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You